The Time Has Come.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Time Has Come....

LarryFinFan said:
So Blitz, I love your pessimism cause it certainly shows the overly optimistic folks that down side of issues, but you could lighten up on this one....

Lighten up???....

This off-season has been on the verge of a "complete disaster". The Collier issue is the end of the line for me. No more. I'm sick of it. I've never felt this uncertain, or this uncomfortable about a Phinz upcoming season in over 20 years of loyalty....

I'm seriously worried. I was optimistic a couple of months ago, but alot has happeded since then, and none of it has been positive IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Agua said:
No and there is a big difference between someone having a "less than pristine image of the way an owner runs his business" and calling for an owner to sell the team because someone is disatisfied that a coach with a 10-6 average four year record, making the playoffs twice, wasn't fired.

when someone puts it that way its hard to argue against it. its hard to be dissatisfied with DW's 4-year tenure here but we havent been a contender once in the post season since DW was the coach or since WH was the owner.

ALL im saying is if you dont want to blame the players or the coaches then its on the owner. The owner has all the final say and he is supposed to run an organized franchise which, recently, has been less than organized.

The comment was not directed towards anyone in particular, but rather the panic moungers who are swayed by every change in the wind blown by negative writers and broadcasters and those who are unable to see that an NFL season is not concluded by the first five months of the year. However, YOU on the other hand did direct a personal attack towards me.

well you should be more specific as to who you are calling out when you make such comments.

Please identify Wayne's shortcomings as an owner.

no ring. no fans in the stands.

BLITZKRIEG said:
This off-season has been the most criticised.

Right, which was my original point. There has been a TON of poorly based criticism flung at the Phins by the media, and fans who are easily swayed by a mouth on the radio have bought into it. Let's examine each of these.

BLITZKRIEG said:
1. Keeping Wanny.

Instead of hiring who? Mike Mularkey? Tom Coughlin?

BLITZKRIEG said:
2. Missing the boat on a qualified GM and settling for Rick.

Such as who? Rick was already familiar with our personnell, the staff, and quite frankly, has done a damned fine job keeping our cap under control and bringing in people who contribute, all within cap restraints.

BLITZKRIEG said:
3. R. Wolf walks..

Ron Wolf was retired man. He took a "consulting job" for about 6 weeks with Cleveland then quit. Would you have wanted this guy as GM when his heart was in retirement? I wouldn't.

BLITZKRIEG said:
4. Losing Norv and promoting an unqualified Collier.

Norv Turner was DONE man. His play calling was predictable as hell - running RW on 1st downs more than 65% of the time. He may have been limited by what we had available, but his loss is nothing to be upset with.

BLITZKRIEG said:
5. The Marino debacle.

Well, maybe that is Wayne's fault. He shouldn't have assumed that Danny boy would have any clue about the type of work required. I guess Wayne's blame in this is trusting that Danny had an idea of what he was getting into before he accepted.

BLITZKRIEG said:
6. The pre-mature QB issue, and how we jumped too soon..

Meaning ... What? So we could have had burned out Warner? Kerry Collins lifetime QB rating is no better than Fiedler's, but even if you're a Collins fan, there is NO way Miami could have known that the Giants would draft Manning and cut Collins. They definitely weren't going to be able to draft a QB, so they went with what looked to be the best available option to them.

BLITZKRIEG said:
7. RT T. Wade leaving...

He was not worth a 10Mil bonus. Period. Wade has been resting on his laurels since his second season.

BLITZKRIEG said:
8. Miss firing on J. Tait / D. Woody / ect ect
Cherry picking Blitz. They threw beauxcoup $ @ Tait but they simply did not like the South Florida environment. Nothing can be done about that. Woody never made it down here, but they were ready to throw the house at him as well. Now, instead of one big name OL, we've got a line full of roadgrading, young, relatively CHEAP OL who are only going to get better. Misssing out on Tait / Woody was a BLESSING.

BLITZKRIEG said:
9. Adding OT D. McIntosh out of desperation {will he even play in 2004??}

This one, I'll grant you. In retrospect, it really put us in a bind for the draft because of the uncertainty. However, he is signed long term, cheap, and can be cut without a cap hit. Having a tough road grader who can play RT, LT or RG is not a bad luxury to have.

BLITZKRIEG said:
10. Now Collier stepping down, and being replaced by another highly unqualified person.

Collier becoming ill such that he can't take the stress of an OC position is Wayne or Wanny's fault, how? And what makes you so certain that Foerester is "highly unqualified"? Every OC has to come from somewhere. This guy has had experience with BALANCED teams, rather than solely pass happy or run happy teams. Give the guy a chance.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I could probably go on, but why bother. That's enough turmoil in one off-season for two franchises!!

How's that for an off-season???...I'm not sure what you call it, but I call it ridiculously embarassing. :shakeno:

PHINZ RULE!!! :cry:

With the exception of hiring Marino (which was weird to begin with), and the signing of McIntosh (which puts us in an enviable position with the OL), the rest of your embarassing incidents are simply things that can not be blamed upon the Phins front office and your perception results from, as I said initially, "selective ommission of relevant facts" and 20-20 hindsight.

miamirw said:
I believe (definitely a partisan belief) that we will be a much improved team over the one that finished 10-6 last year. We'll be a nightmare to defend against and we could have a deep passing game finally.

We'll see, but the sky is not falling CL.

the sky is not falling thank God.

but,
you can believe all you want. you can wish upon a star if you choose, but the fact reamins we are not an improved team from last year until we prove it on the field. I for one cant wait to see the results of this off-season and hopefully we will be better.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Lighten up???....

This off-season has been on the verge of a "complete disaster". The Collier issue is the end of the line for me. No more. I'm sick of it. I've never felt this uncertain, or this uncomfortable about a Phinz upcoming season in over 20 years of loyalty....

I'm seriously worried. I was optimistic a couple of months ago, but alot has happeded since then, and none of it has been positive IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

If you are so sick of things, I am sure there is PLENTY of room on the Billygoats bandwagon. SO if you really want you can :escape:

Sorry man, but how many Superbowl trophies does Jerry have? How many does Al Davis have? The book is still out on Snyder. He has NEVER been in cap trouble, because he's gambling on the next few years. You need better examples. All that aside, there are 32 teams in the NFL. If you can only come up with 10 or fewer worse owners, that makes Wayne worse than average.

Jimmy James said:
I take it that everybody agrees about Brown, Bidwell, and Ford. That works for me. I'll look at the other three I mentioned:

Al Davis is a bad owner because he moves his team and sues the league as often as possible. Do you really want to worry about whether you'll be rooting for the Miami or Tallahassee Dolphins next season? Do you really want the Dolphins to be in a position where there is enormous bad blood with the league and many of the owners?

Jerry Jones is a bad owner because he can't let a good thing continue. How long do any of us really think Bill Parcells will be with the team? I give it 3 total years, meaning he has two more. Once that happens, it's off to find the next Barry Switzer or Dave Campo. No thanks.

Dan Snyder is a bad owner because he puts his team in constant cap trouble by trying to win right now. While everybody seems happy with Joe Gibbs, let's see how it works out this season. Do you think that another 6-10 sort of year is going to inspire anything but the same carousel we have seen since Danny Boy took over? If he doesn't reign it in, he may become the worst NFL owner ever. I will give you that he's a relatively new owner, so maybe he will settle down.

pigskinguy said:
If you are so sick of things, I am sure there is PLENTY of room on the Billygoats bandwagon. SO if you really want you can :escape:
he's been here longer than you Pigskin. Complaining, applauding or discussing any moves made by the FO of any team whether it be negative or positive in anyones opinion is what the message board is here for. Doesn't mean you should tell them to scram if you disagree with their views.

It's stupid to go back and second guess at this point, but why not???

Coaches we could have had :

Denny Green / T. Coughlin - Either one of those two would have been just fine with me. Both are strict disciplinarians, and what this teams needs a stiff kick in the *** IMO.

QB's we could have had :

J. Garcia - He would have been a major upgrade IMO. This is the guy we should have waited for. It's was also well known he wasn't staying in SF.

T. Couch - He was drafted #1 overall. Must have something Fielder doesn't.

K. Collins - Although I wasn't in favor of signing him, his arm strength is more respected than Feeley's of Fiedler's IMO. Could have been a minimal upgrade....

K. Warner - Old, but still has a rocket release. This guy, regardless of age or injury, damands respect from opposing defenses. Fielder doesn't...

PHINZ RULE!!! :shakeno:

Justasportsfan said:
he's been here longer than you Pigskin. Complaining, applauding or discussing any moves made by the FO of any team whether it be negative or positive in anyones opinion is what the message board is here for. Doesn't mean you should tell them to scram if you disagree with their views.
Relax dude, Like almost everyone here, I think, I am just playing around. Besides you're only upset because you don't want him on your bandwagon complaining about everything the Billygoats do :lol:

BLITZKRIEG said:

Denny Green / T. Coughlin - Either one of hose two would have been just fine with me. Bothare strict disciplinarians, and this teams nees a stiff kick in the *** IMO.

QB's we could have had :

J. Garcia - He would have been a major upgrade IMO. This is the guy we should have waited for. It's was also well known he wasn't staying in SF.

K. Collins - Although I wasn't in favor of signing him, his arm istrength is more respected than Feeley's of Fiedler's IMO. Could have been a minimal upgrade....

K. Warner - Old, but still has a rocket release. This guy, regardless of age or injury, damands respect from opposing defenses. Fielder doesn't...

I agree 100% about the coaches.....escpecially Green.
Garcia and Couch I would take in a heartbeat. Collins is no better than what we got. And I have no idea what ot think of Warner anymore. So since I am on the fence I will say no just because of his wife :lol:

FiN.in.RI said:
when someone puts it that way its hard to argue against it. its hard to be dissatisfied with DW's 4-year tenure here but we havent been a contender once in the post season since DW was the coach or since WH was the owner.

By "Contender" you must mean making the superbowl. Because we've made it to the second round of the playoff several times since Wayne's ownership and the AFC conference championship. Sorry, that's just the breaks man. Lots of teams don't make the superbowl.

FiN.in.RI said:
ALL im saying is if you dont want to blame the players or the coaches then its on the owner. The owner has all the final say and he is supposed to run an organized franchise which, recently, has been less than organized..

I don't know what it is you think Wayne could have done differently. He's always ponied up the cash. He stays out of the coaches' business and lets the men who know something about football run the team.

FiN.in.RI said:
well you should be more specific as to who you are calling out when you make such comments.

I suppose I should have said it wasn't directed towards Blitz. I truly believe the statement I made was true. Nothing has changed except for much more media whining (by writers who are NOT fans of the Dolphins, actually celebrate Dolphin losses), over-analysis with 20-20 hindsight and selective omission of relevant facts, and fans who are swayed by these jackass media types because they are either too immature or not bright enough to assess an effort on the options available at the time.

FiN.in.RI said:
no ring. no fans in the stands.

Gee. Mighty lofty criteria there. Perhaps following professional football isn't for you. Or maybe you need to wait until the last 50 seconds of each superbowl to pick the team you're going to pull for. Otherwise, you're going to be disappointed more times than not.

BLITZKRIEG said:

Denny Green / T. Coughlin - Either one of those two would have been just fine with me. Both are strict disciplinarians, and what this teams needs a stiff kick in the *** IMO.

And how many SBs have they won???? Uh..... ZERO.

BLITZKRIEG said:
QB's we could have had :

K. Collins - Although I wasn't in favor of signing him, his arm strength is more respected than Feeley's of Fiedler's IMO. Could have been a minimal upgrade....

You can have all of them. Garcia and Warner can't stay healthy. Couch is a bust and your statement that he must be good because he was the #1 pick is laughable. Collins is another that hasn't lived up to his draft status.

Why are you so sure that these castoffs are better than Feeley or Fiedler?

pigskinguy said:
Relax dude, Like almost everyone here, I think, I am just playing around. Besides you're only upset because you don't want him on your bandwagon complaining about everything the Billygoats do :lol:
what makes you think I was serious? :D I'm surprised Blitz hasn't quit yet. :D

Hey guys, let's stop getting personal here please....

These are merely open minded opinions from a concerned group of Phinz fans. Nothing more. There's no need to get personal with it.

If I've angered some fans with this rant of mine, that wasn't my initial intention. I'm just concerned, and the way things have gone thus far, I think we all have good reason to be....

We're all Phinz fans here. Let's try and remember that. ;)

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom