The Time Has Come.... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Time Has Come....

FiN.in.RI said:
atm, i am less than thrilled with the way this organization is run at times. The fact that about 60% of the seats at proplayer are empty at home games year after year, makes me say: "Well this product is going straight to the dumpster."

BUT you are wrong my friend! I have many many options in which to voice my opinion about the way H. Wayne Huizenga runs his team. Even though i can't tolerate it doesn't mean i have to "find another team". I can't tolerate my wife at times but im not gonna divorce her...i cant tolerate the current white house but im not gonna move out of the country..:roflmao:

just so ya know its not. ;)

yea i think so too.

you need to chill there, mole.

I can differentiate between a video game and a sport. :cooldude:

Touche...You are correct that you have many options to VOICE your opinion. You are incorrect to think that yours or any other fans opinion means a hill of beans to a FO that's having a bit of a hard time right now.

The reason that 60% of the seats at the Joe are empty during home games is because 60% of the people in Dade / Broward county are either attending a metamusil convention or are fans of the opposing team. I'm all for moving the team to Orlando.

Wifes?? Please don't go there, I hate mine right now. I want a new RoadStar and she thinks my V-Star is just fine.

:lol:

Dolphins...while I love them dearly, can't compare to the seriousness of who occupies the Whitehouse. Move out of the country? That's an Alec Baldwin, kinda move. I wouldn't recommend it. This is where you and I will most surely cross swords, as I feel that the "W" is doing an admirable job, but there is another forum for this conversation.

Peace brother

themole said:
Wifes?? Please don't go there, I hate mine right now. I want a new RoadStar and she thinks my V-Star is just fine.

:lol:

Peace brother

Why don't they understand? WHY?! :shakeno: Is it because they can't or they won't?

Jimmy James said:
Al Davis
Bill Bidwell
Mike Brown
Jerry Jones
Bill Ford
Dan Snyder

Those are the names of six men I know are worse owners one way or another than WH is. Am I thrilled with Wayne's decision to keep DW around? Not really. Does this (and what has grown out of it) mean that he needs to sell the team? Hell no. He's a garbage man by trade, and I trust him to take out the garbage this offseason if things don't change. If he fails to do so again, I might consider joining you and putting his name on this list.

Pick on Wayne. Save didn't deserve complete controll of the Team. Winning coaches have hard times fining thoosem and as we all know was a loser stat wise when he took over.

I am not sure you woule AL Davis as our GM. He has balls, and spends the money to keep people happy. He also knows when to lay the smack down to his coaching staff.

Dan Snyder is by far the single worst owner in NFL history from any P.O.V. IMO. Even Wanny haters have to agree lol.

Originally posted by The Goat
This team has ALWAYS been good. It has ALWAYS been competetive. In the past thirty three years, there have been exactly two losing seasons. Is that amazing? Yes. Is it something that no other sports franchise can say? Yes.

On the other hand...is it frustrating as hell that teams which were at one time absolutely PATHETIC during the aforementioned streak have been rebuilt and turned into champions?

Yes, it is.

Goat, it is sad to say, but in the recent era of the NFL, including the developments in FA, rules, salary cap, etc... it is hard to maintain consistency AND win the SB. Most teams winning the SB, or participating, have suffered losing seasons before or after the big dance. Teams that attempt to keep their talent for lengthy periods are usually penalized by some form of fate or another.

At some point, in order to make a SB run, you must overhaul your team with young talent (drafts). You need the young talent to offset the few stars you have financially. It seems once a team commits to a SB plan, they are bound to it for 3 - 5 years. If they fail to properly pick talent during the drafts of those years, they slowly pay the price.

Many factors play into it, but it seems to me that the "core" of the team's chemistry fate on the young players' production. We started our SB run when JJ was hired. However, JJ had to contend with Dan. As long as Dan remained, JJ could not rebuild the O the way he wanted to. And, truthfully, we have been paying the price ever since he left.

Sure, we have finally acquired the talent from some of the age groups we missed out on in drafts, but it's too late in some respects. We needed O stars to be drafted with Taylor, Thomas, Surtain and Madison in order for the COMPLETE cohesion of the team to be solidified for years to come.

We have yet to really address Dan's replacement. And, every year, the defense grows a little older while we attempt to put out the fire on the offense.

Sure, we attempted to draft O stars, but for one reason or another, they didn't pan out. And, not having the same cohesion our D has had for the same period of time, the offense has sputtered and fell behind as we try to patch it up every year. Problem is, the pieces we have finally brought in to fill holes on the offense, haven't played together long. Their chemistry isn't their. And it shows.

I have become a believer that, as much as I love the stars we have, we are delaying the inevitable by constantly trying to build around a slowly aging roster. The window for a true SB run is fading fast for the team. There is justified panic in the staff and players to win now, because you can only redo contacts so many times. Eventually, you can't be loaded with stars and expect to have a healthy (age, talent) team.

I suspect we have 2 maybe 3 years left to make a run. If Wanny get's fired and/or we have a major FO shake up before then.... I suspect it's time for another overhaul. And although MANY guys on this board will be inflamed with my thoughts of losing the players on this team, the reality of how things should be done will eventually win over who we love and who we don't want to see leave.

This team's core group of guys has a short window before things become financially, logistically and physically (age) impracticle for this team to remain together.

We will start to feel the crunch after Ogun, CC and RM re-sign. After they do, we will see the resulting pinch affect us in 2 years. Every player cannot make millions and still have a team.

I know we've always been masters of the cap, but eventually, you can't have everything.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Here's a "relevent fact" for you. We haven't made the playoffs in two straight years, and it doesn't look any more promising in 2004 either.

I'd love to see the reactions most of you would have if this team ever went 3-13, 2-14 or worse..

Back
Top Bottom