The Time Has Come.... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Time Has Come....

BLITZKRIEG said:
If that's truly the "point", why are there so many fans here who ridicule those who try and make a point???....

The point is this. There is no point of posting when nobody wants to deal with the facts. The facts are too much for the majority oif the fans here to handle IMO....

I've proven it with this thread. Wayne needs to sell this team to an owner who knows more about football than he does about garbage. Why do I have to even defend this fact??? Ask Wayne himself, and he'll tell you that he doesn't know sqaut about football. End of discussion IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

The only fact is that you need to get a dictionary and lookup the words 'fact' and 'opinion'.

BLITZKRIEG said:
If that's truly the "point", why are there so many fans here who ridicule those who try and make a point???....

The point is this. There is no point of posting when nobody wants to deal with the facts. The facts are too much for the majority oif the fans here to handle IMO....

I've proven it with this thread. Wayne needs to sell this team to an owner who knows more about football than he does about garbage. Why do I have to even defend this fact??? Ask Wayne himself, and he'll tell you that he doesn't know sqaut about football. End of discussion IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:
You haven't proven anything....THAT'S a fact.

For what it's worth I think your concerns about the fins are valid, Blitz. Of course being a bills fan finfans would tend to think I am just smacking or agrreing just because those concerns are neagtive.

I wouldn't say the organization is the laughing stock of the NFL, but one can argue that the fans are. No smack intended , even some finfans admitted it here on this board as being fairweathered. .

BLITZKRIEG said:
I hate to be negative, and trust me what I say that I've tried very hard to stay positive, but the time has most certainly come Phinz fans....

The time for Wayne to sell the Miami Dolphins, and for Wanny to find new coaching job somewhere other than Miami....

What happened to this once "highly respected" franchise???

It seems like within the last four years, this franchise has gone from "smart and strong", to "dumb and soft". How could this happen, and who is to blame???...

First off, Wayne is to blame. Since his ownership began, this franchise has slowly begun to fall. It's as plain as day to see IMO....

Hiring Jimmy Johnson was a giant fiasco. Letting Dave come in and replace Jimmy was just as bad. Wayne was also lead to believe that Dave was a qualified HC, and that since Jimmy highly recommended him, he was automatically the best candidate for the job. I like Dave as a person, and I've met him several times, but he's as clueless as they come as HC's are concerned IMO. He's what I like to consider a "mediocre" HC. Not good, not average, but mediocre.....

This off-season has without question been the worst I've ever seen in Miami. Forget the players we've added this off-season and over the last four years, they're just one piece to the giant puzzle. The FO is in major turmoil, and everyone knows it. The coaching positions are being filled with un-qualified individuals, and that is leading to major problems within the team. That's the way I see it....

It's time for Wayne to sell the Dolphins. It's time for this franchise to regain it's respect instead of piling on the garbage season after season. Right now, we're the laughing stock of the NFL. This isn't the Miami Dolphins I grew up with, and it certainly isn't the Miami Dolphins I want to remember 10 years from now....

Venting.... :mad:

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

4 years ? we been down the boat for a while u know.

Mile High Fin said:
We are an improved team over 2003......and we were 10-6 last year.

Way to go FO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's actually ***AMAZING*** how consistently good the Dolphins are year after year after year after year... Especially in this day and age of salary caps, FA, etc...
Every year the Fins have a competitive, respected, and strong team.

Yes, it'd be great to get "over the hump" and win a SB.
But to sit back and critisize the FO/ownership for their performance is absurd.
All things considered, they've done a good job, and remember this:

YET AGAIN, WE'LL HAVE A COMPETITIVE, WINNING TEAM IN 2004....
and if the chips fall right and the moves work out as planned, we'll have a legitimate shot at a SB title...
That's all you can ask for.....to field a team with a legit shot at a SB...
WELL DONE FO...........

PS - To all the naysayers/whiners, the sky is NOT falling.....

Well phrased, but I have one basic argument with this statemement. (Warning - this turned into a huge, rambling rant halfway through. Read at your own risk.):

I don't want a competetive, winning team. I want a Super Bowl champion. I cannot believe that what we've done in the offseason and the draft will result in that happening next year. I've been waiting 30 years to see this, (I can remember the '74 season, but not earlier, naturally), and I'm getting frustrated.

This team has ALWAYS been good. It has ALWAYS been competetive. In the past thirty three years, there have been exactly two losing seasons. Is that amazing? Yes. Is it something that no other sports franchise can say? Yes.

On the other hand...is it frustrating as hell that teams which were at one time absolutely PATHETIC during the aforementioned streak have been rebuilt and turned into champions?

Yes, it is.

The 49ers were absolutely pathetic in the late 1970s. They became a dynasty in the 80s and 90s. My beloved Fins got to two Bowls in the 80s, but had no rings.

In the 90s, the previously hapless Buffalo Bills became an AFC juggernaut. They made it to four Super Bowls. Green Bay, which was in disarray for much of the 70s and 80s, had a resurgence under Brett Favre and captured a ring. For the love of God, the FALCONS, RAMS, and the team formerly known as the OILERS made it to a Super Bowl. Dolphins appearances? Zero.

Presently? The Patriots are a powerhouse. The FREAKING PATRIOTS. The Fins used to LAUGH at the Patriots. The Dolphins used to be a powerhouse - up until the mid 80s. Other teams used to fear them.

Nobody's afraid of the Dolphins anymore. It's really starting to piss me off...and it should piss every one of us off too.

Because it didn't used to be enough to be a "competetive, winning team." It isn't now - and we're not headed in the right direction. I don't care what we have to do, who we have to fire, or how bad we have to be for a couple years to fix this; but it needs to be fixed...and it needs to be fixed soon.

And so help me God...I want to see Chris Berman say "Miami Dolphins, Super Bowl Champions" just ONCE before I die. Because I want to see if he can get it out without choking.

Justasportsfan said:
I wouldn't say the organization is the laughing stock of the NFL, but one can argue that the fans are. No smack intended , even some finfans admitted it here on this board as being fairweathered. .

Sad... but true.

FiN.in.RI said:
Just to say someone has a less than pristine image of the way the owner runs his business doesn't make that person "less mature". The only "less intelligent person" is you for making such a second grade insult.

Fact is we have gotten nowhere with WH as the owner.

The real facts are...You as a fan, don't have a dog in the race! Your only option is "find another team" if you cant tolerate the way WH is running his team. I don't think the sky is falling, in fact, I know it isn't. The Miami Dolphins will be just fine. Throw Madden 04 in the river, quit trying to build pro. football teams, roll you a tater, burn it and chill.

Jimmy James said:
I take it that everybody agrees about Brown, Bidwell, and Ford. That works for me. I'll look at the other three I mentioned:

Al Davis is a bad owner because he moves his team and sues the league as often as possible. Do you really want to worry about whether you'll be rooting for the Miami or Tallahassee Dolphins next season? Do you really want the Dolphins to be in a position where there is enormous bad blood with the league and many of the owners?

Jerry Jones is a bad owner because he can't let a good thing continue. How long do any of us really think Bill Parcells will be with the team? I give it 3 total years, meaning he has two more. Once that happens, it's off to find the next Barry Switzer or Dave Campo. No thanks.

Dan Snyder is a bad owner because he puts his team in constant cap trouble by trying to win right now. While everybody seems happy with Joe Gibbs, let's see how it works out this season. Do you think that another 6-10 sort of year is going to inspire anything but the same carousel we have seen since Danny Boy took over? If he doesn't reign it in, he may become the worst NFL owner ever. I will give you that he's a relatively new owner, so maybe he will settle down.

Well now...the Tallahasse Dolphins sound aweful appealing to me.

Bringing in Jimmy Johnson was a good thing, thats why we have what we have now....but hiring Wanny was the bad thing....

WharfRat said:
It's illegal???? Since when?!?!?!?! Holy Crap... I'd better hide my stash!

I'll hold it for ya, at least until the heat eases off. :D

themole said:
The real facts are...You as a fan, don't have a dog in the race! Your only option is "find another team" if you cant tolerate the way WH is running his team.

atm, i am less than thrilled with the way this organization is run at times. The fact that about 60% of the seats at proplayer are empty at home games year after year, makes me say: "Well this product is going straight to the dumpster."

BUT you are wrong my friend! I have many many options in which to voice my opinion about the way H. Wayne Huizenga runs his team. Even though i can't tolerate it doesn't mean i have to "find another team". I can't tolerate my wife at times but im not gonna divorce her...i cant tolerate the current white house but im not gonna move out of the country..:roflmao:

I don't think the sky is falling.

just so ya know its not. ;)

The Miami Dolphins will be just fine. .

yea i think so too.

Throw Madden 04 in the river, quit trying to build pro. football teams, roll you a tater, burn it and chill.

you need to chill there, mole.

I can differentiate between a video game and a sport. :cooldude:

BLITZKRIEG said:
I guess the fans here are just too biased for my taste....

That's right, biased. Way too biased IMO....

Anytime someone has a concern, it's always the same. "You're not a true fan!!", "You're a troll!!", "You don't know anything!!!", "Go jump on the Jets / Bills / Pats bandwagon!!"....

It's ridiculously biased. Too much for me. I think I'll take a vacation for a week or so. Unfortaunately, you'll all still be here when I get back... :cry:

Thanks for making my day a miserable one guys. You've succeeded in making me reconsider why I ever joined this place to begin with. Negative or positive, to discuss Phinz football....

PHINZ RULE!!! :shakeno:

OMG...Somebody PLEASE call Dr. Phil! This country is becoming a nation of WIMPS!

Justasportsfan said:
For what it's worth I think your concerns about the fins are valid, Blitz. Of course being a bills fan finfans would tend to think I am just smacking or agrreing just because those concerns are neagtive.

All teams in all sports all over the world have fair weather fans, even the Bills, with the Fins it's magnified because the team is good but not good enough, so there's a constant amount of frustration that hits Dolfans at different times, and they (the fans) may feel that frustration and vent it in different ways,
1. By complaning on MBs like this.
2. Not attending games.
3. Booing at games.

It's seems to be a constant rotation or "turnover" of fans that have had enough of their expectations not being met, and the same turnover of fans that used to be frustrated but can see some kind of improvement that may give them hope. Therefore you see fans flip flopping on their amount of frustration to excitment and vise versa and it apears as though they are "fair weathered fans"

I have seen the exact same thing with the Redwings in the 80's and early 90's, good but not good enough and the frustration kicks in and some days, months or years they're optimistic and excited and some days, months or years they are pesimistic and unexcited, but one thing they always are is LOYAL TO THEIR TEAM. And that is the difference.
It's not any different with Dolfans. They are always there, whether to complain or to praise, they are loyal, it's just people mistake being fair weathered with being disloyal and they are not the same.

Fans from other teams don't understand because their team(s) are either great or bad for periods of time were as Miami is always a "good" team.

I have had the experiance of seeing it from two teams that I am devoted to, with the exception of the Wings winning 3 cups in 4 tries in the last 7 years it wasn't much different for their fans in prior years.

Back
Top Bottom