The Time Has Come.... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Time Has Come....

Nobody wants one opinion and one opinion only. I'd just prefer to not see such over the top statements accompanied by what is apparently some very thin skin.

inFINSible said:
....and don't expect to get worse.

Yeah, GOD forbid thate ever happening!!!....

Finheaven may go out of business if that happened. Then where would you go to ridicule, and degrade all of the loyal Phinz fans???....

PHINZ RULE!!! :shakeno:

Jimmy James said:
Nobody wants one opinion and one opinion only. I'd just prefer to not see such over the top statements accompanied by what is apparently some very thin skin.

I think a lot of fans are just tired and frustrated. Wannstedt still having a job is too much to take for some of us.

I honestly feel your pain and Blitz's pain on that. That's why I suggest that I might join you if we get the "same ****, different year" treatment this year with no playoffs and DW being retained. At the same time, I might not -- it's not like any amount of complaining is going to get things changed. I might be more inclined to just take a vacation from thinking about the Dolphins.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Thanks for making my day a miserable one guys. You've succeeded in making me reconsider why I ever joined this place to begin with. Negative or positive, to discuss Phinz football....

BLITZ, when you express a strong opinion, you have to expect that someone will have a differing viewpoint. That's what discussion is all about.

You expressed your belief that Wayne should sell the team because the franchise is in disarray. A few people supported your opinion. Some expressed that given the franchise's overall performance in the last four years, you were going too far in devaluing our current status.

People who disagree with you are going to appear to be biased toward their opinion. That's the nature of debate. I don't understand why that makes you sad ...

BLITZKRIEG said:
Yeah, GOD forbid thate ever happening!!!....

Finheaven may go out of business if that happened. Then where would you go to ridicule, and degrade all of loyal Phinz fans???....

Point, meet Blitz....Blitz, meet Point.....Point is here to say it's about as stupid to EXPECT failure as it is to EXPECT success, given all we actually know.

I would like to know what you expect when you start a thread like this? Do you just want to say your piece and have no one respond? Do you just want a bunch of people to agree with you? What would make you feel better?

The sad reality of this post, is that out of 122 responses, about 75 of those responses are ridiculing it before actually letting it sink in for what it is...

A venting thread. I'm venting, and if that's not allowed here, I want nothing to do with this place ever again!!!

PHINZ RULE!!! :mad:

I think maybe we need a place where people can vent without the majority of us getting pulled in and thinking the person is serious. Failing that, it might be helpful if you made it clearer that you were going over the top because you just wanted to vent.

Hey, I've perhaps been one of the most overly loyal, coach backing, FO supporting, Dolfans on this board over the past few years. I've argued, debated, etc......

This off season has been a complete ABORTION in terms of Staff and administration of this team. I like the personel moves based on what we had available.....but all this back and forth stuff up top is not good. Hopfully some of the people (like our newest OC) will do well with their new opportunity.

Jimmy James said:
I think maybe we need a place where people can vent without the majority of us getting pulled in and thinking the person is serious. Failing that, it might be helpful if you made it clearer that you were going over the top because you just wanted to vent.
And JimmyJames knows about venting :D

inFINSible said:
Point is here to say it's about as stupid to EXPECT failure as it is to EXPECT success, given all we actually know.

If that's truly the "point", why are there so many fans here who ridicule those who try and make a point???....

The point is this. There is no point of posting when nobody wants to deal with the facts. The facts are too much for the majority oif the fans here to handle IMO....

I've proven it with this thread. Wayne needs to sell this team to an owner who knows more about football than he does about garbage. Why do I have to even defend this fact??? Ask Wayne himself, and he'll tell you that he doesn't know sqaut about football. End of discussion IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

That's actually exactly what I was talking about. I know how this is all too well because I went over the top with the apology stuff in that thread and came to regret it even though I stand by the vast majority of the substance. It's hard to put those worms back in the can once they're out...

BLITZKRIEG said:
The sad reality of this post, is that out of 122 responses, about 75 of those responses are ridiculing it before actually letting it sink in for what it is...

A venting thread. I'm venting, and if that's not allowed here, I want nothing to do with this place ever again!!!

PHINZ RULE!!! :mad:

Of course, venting is allowed. But it also invites response and debate (which I would differentiate from ridicule).

It's an interesting philosophical question (and I'm not kidding): what to do with a message that is not meant to be answered?

BLITZKRIEG said:
I've proven it with this thread. Wayne needs to sell this team to an owner who knows more about football than he does about garbage. Why do I have to even defend this fact???

This would seem to suggest that you weren't being over the top at the start of this thread.

Beyond that, though, your contention is a VERY controversial one. Mike Brown grew up in football, and he has shown himself to be one of the biggest idiots among the current owners. How many owners actually have a football background like the one you're asking for? My bet is not many other than the ones who inherited the team. Owners make a fortune somehow, then they buy a team in the sport they love. That's why you're going to have to defend that "fact" if you seriously want to argue it.

BLITZKRIEG said:
The point is this. There is no point of posting when nobody wants to deal with the facts. The facts are too much for the majority oif the fans here to handle IMO....

There are facts that support your opinion (the Dolphins have missed the playoffs the last two years) and facts that refute it (the Dolphins have the 5th best regular-season winning percentage in the league over the last four years).

It's not that we can't handle the facts. There are just plenty of them to go around.

Back
Top Bottom