The Time Has Come.... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Time Has Come....

BLITZKRIEG said:
You know what. I come here to post my opinions, and whether they're considered negative or positive, I try and tell it the way I see it. I've always noticed one thing about this place that I can't stand. The fans. :mad:

So many of you act as if you own this team. You act as if any negative comments towards them, is a direct insult towards you. I have fallen into the same trap as well. I have found it very easy to attack negativity, and now that I look at it, I don't like that. That's not being open-minded, that's being close minded IMO....

I remember when I first joined Finheaven. I remember how hard it was to try and fit in, and be considered an "optimist" {nobody wants to be labled as negative}. It was hell. I was almost at a point where I didn't even want to come here anymore...

These days, even though I've changed my tune quite a bit from negative to positive, I still see alot of the same things occuring within. The majority of the posters here don't play fair IMO. They pick and choose what they like or dislike, and then they put you in a certain catagory of poster. Optimist or Pessimist.

Why can't fans like myself ever be considered a little bit of both???

Aren't we as human beings ever aloud to change our minds??? Or have concerns that were once not worth worrying about???....

Why must we always feel the need to prove someone wrong, or make them feel inferior based on their opinions???....

I think there are quite a few fans here who need to just let fans be fans. Fans are allowed to complain, and show concern. That's what we do because we care, not because we don't want to be fans....

I'm lost right now. I don't know what to think. I know one thing however, I'm concerned. I'm not so sure about the rest of you, but that's not my problem...

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

That should have been your first post.......

Problem is Blitz, that your first post came off like if not only the sky was going to fall but that we should also forfeit the season right now .......it was overtly negative.

Question:

Answer:
BLITZKRIEG said:
I hate to be negative, and trust me what I say that I've tried very hard to stay positive, but the time has most certainly come Phinz fans....

The time for Wayne to sell the Miami Dolphins, and for Wanny to find new coaching job somewhere other than Miami....

What happened to this once "highly respected" franchise???

It seems like within the last four years, this franchise has gone from "smart and strong", to "dumb and soft". How could this happen, and who is to blame???...

First off, Wayne is to blame. Since his ownership began, this franchise has slowly begun to fall. It's as plain as day to see IMO....

Hiring Jimmy Johnson was a giant fiasco. Letting Dave come in and replace Jimmy was just as bad. Wayne was also lead to believe that Dave was a qualified HC, and that since Jimmy highly recommended him, he was automatically the best candidate for the job. I like Dave as a person, and I've met him several times, but he's as clueless as they come as HC's are concerned IMO. He's what I like to consider a "mediocre" HC. Not good, not average, but mediocre.....

This off-season has without question been the worst I've ever seen in Miami. Forget the players we've added this off-season and over the last four years, they're just one piece to the giant puzzle. The FO is in major turmoil, and everyone knows it. The coaching positions are being filled with un-qualified individuals, and that is leading to major problems within the team. That's the way I see it....

It's time for Wayne to sell the Dolphins. It's time for this franchise to regain it's respect instead of piling on the garbage season after season. Right now, we're the laughing stock of the NFL. This isn't the Miami Dolphins I grew up with, and it certainly isn't the Miami Dolphins I want to remember 10 years from now....

Venting.... :mad:

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Section126 said:
That should have been your first post.......

Problem is Blitz, that your first post came off like if not only the sky was going to fall but that we should also forfeit the season right now .......it was overtly negative.
Exactly... :cooldude:

Al davis a better owner than Wayne? yea right. Who did Gruden get his ring with? TB after Al wouldnt pay gruden and traded him, yep smart move by a great owner right? Snyder? He has done one smart thing since becoming owner. Wow hes a genius. Wayne is smart, self made millionaire, he doesnt act rationaly and yes like s Dave. He wants him to succeed, and will give him what is necessary to succeed and will not rush to judgement. I agree I want Wanny gone, but how do you know for a FACT that it isnt Wanny personnel decisions that suk vs his coaching ability? You dont since he has never been just the coach in his tenure as head coach. He held the personnel title in Chicago as well. By doing what he did, Wayne eliminated all outside excuses for Wanny, he will now be expected to coach players that are given to him. If he fails this, then the move will be made.

Another motive is in place, we have a small window left with this core, getting a new coach meant a learning phase. We are not where TB was when Gruden came in with all the pieces in place. We needed a whole new o-line, new wrs and a new qb, add a whole new coaching staff and we are looking at 2 years minimum. Wayne wants it now and believes DAve can coach but not evaluate talent, so keeping him in teh capacity he did, he minimizes teh changes and keeps continuity.

Collier getting sick is not Daves fault.

Section126 said:

...And why is that???...

Why must the fans here consider anything negative as "the sky is falling"???....

Why can't it just be "legit concerns"???....

That's what's wrong with this place. You get some of these old timer veterans in here, with their inflated ego's and endless football knowledge, and all hell breaks loose!!!....{No names mentioned. You know who you are.}

Give the "little people" a chance to voice their opinions once in awhile without telling them "Don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out" so often....

They have opinions too you know. Valuable ones at that.

Man -- you wanted the team sold. That's an overreaction, which is what "the sky is falling" refers to. Were you joking and we just didn't get your humor? If not, I think you're getting exactly the rap that such a tantrum deserves.

This comes from a guy who took on all comers over the VC/VW draft pick debacle, so don't call me Mary Sunshine.

Because your first post predicts gloom and doom. you really dont see that? You want your opinion respected yet when we disagree you get bent out of shape? I will not be that negative as your first pots comes off as. If that is the case, what is teh point of even watching? The season is over before it starts.

BLITZKRIEG said:
You know what. I come here to post my opinions, and whether they're considered negative or positive, I try and tell it the way I see it. I've always noticed one thing about this place that I can't stand. The fans. :mad:

So many of you act as if you own this team. You act as if any negative comments towards them, is a direct insult towards you. I have fallen into the same trap as well. I have found it very easy to attack negativity, and now that I look at it, I don't like that. That's not being open-minded, that's being close minded IMO....

I remember when I first joined Finheaven. I remember how hard it was to try and fit in, and be considered an "optimist" {nobody wants to be labled as negative}. It was hell. I was almost at a point where I didn't even want to come here anymore...

These days, even though I've changed my tune quite a bit from negative to positive, I still see alot of the same things occuring within. The majority of the posters here don't play fair IMO. They pick and choose what they like or dislike, and then they put you in a certain catagory of poster. Optimist or Pessimist.

Aren't we as human beings ever aloud to change our minds??? Or have concerns that were once not worth worrying about???....

Why must we always feel the need to prove someone wrong, or make them feel inferior based on their opinions???....

I think there are quite a few fans here who need to just let fans be fans. Fans are allowed to complain, and show concern. That's what we do because we care, not because we don't want to be fans....

I'm lost right now. I don't know what to think. I know one thing however, I'm concerned. I'm not so sure about the rest of you, but that's not my problem...

Fair enough, buddy. I, too, am anxious regarding how all the offseason turmoil will affect the team. As far as THIS thread is concerned, my only real passion was in debating numbers.

I guess the fans here are just too biased for my taste....

That's right, biased. Way too biased IMO....

Anytime someone has a concern, it's always the same. "You're not a true fan!!", "You're a troll!!", "You don't know anything!!!", "Go jump on the Jets / Bills / Pats bandwagon!!"....

It's ridiculously biased. Too much for me. I think I'll take a vacation for a week or so. Unfortaunately, you'll all still be here when I get back... :cry:

Thanks for making my day a miserable one guys. You've succeeded in making me reconsider why I ever joined this place to begin with. Negative or positive, to discuss Phinz football....

PHINZ RULE!!! :shakeno:

BLITZKRIEG said:
...And why is that???...

Why must the fans here consider anything negative as "the sky is falling"???....

Why can't it just be "legit concerns"???....

That's what's wrong with this place. You get some of these old timer veterans in here, with their inflated ego's and endless football knowledge, and all hell breaks loose!!!....{No names mentioned. You know who you are.}

Give the "little people" a chance to voice their opinions once in awhile without telling them "Don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out" so often....

They have opinions too you know. Valuable ones at that.

Its not just the negativity. Its the over-the-top approach. Claiming that the Fins (a team that averages 10 wins per year and has made the second most trips to the playoffs in the last 10 years) are a laughing stock is just silly. You can dislike the moves. You can wish that Wanny were not the coach. You can wish for new ownership. Whatever you want.....but you cannot dismiss accomplishments just because you are not satisfied (actually you can, but you will get called on it).

It goes both ways. Overly positive posts are attacked just as hard. If I posted that AJs 4-1 record as a pro PROVES his ability to lead this team to the SB, I'd get roasted.

I think most people prefer a more balanced approach....I know I do.

Don't let them bully you, man. If they want one opinion and one opinion only, maybe they should consider moving to China. They'd be quite at home there.

Back
Top Bottom