The Tua-Purdy Similarities and Differences | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tua-Purdy Similarities and Differences

They've had the wrong mentality about the OL for a long time now... They try and make it top heavy, this makes it costly and fragile, you end up paying top money/resources for the top guys and left with scraps to fill in the remaining spots... On the OL, the floor is 10X more important than your ceiling, Grier as yet to understand this simple concept.

The chances that we sink more good resources into that group vs. guys should “just” return healthier for 2024 seems obvious with the way they treat that group.

Sadly it’s more likely to be the same of the same stuff in 2024.

This is what I don’t get. Everyone says Tua isn’t good enough to get to the Super Bowl yet here we are tomorrow with a qb very similar to Tua playing. The difference is Brock’s guys stayed healthy and were able to support him and Tua’s didn’t.
Agree. Plus, San Francisco has been there before. For the most part they are seasoned in terms of playoffs, which I think matters.

I think that was the difference between the 49ers and both Green Bay and Detroit. You can argue that the 49ers were outplayed in both games, but they came through when it mattered.

That's experience to some degree.

Kansas City has pretty much proved everyone wrong with the theory that they were just a shell of a team they used to be . Better quarterback back wins and that's Mahomes
I'll never understand how the 2023 Kansas City Chiefs became so underrated. Regardless of which angle is applied, it makes zero sense.

Their season wins over/under was 11.5

The Chiefs went 11-6

Yet somehow I was reading here and everywhere that they were an easy out and very little chance to be the AFC representative.

Cleveland with Joe Flacco was receiving more postseason hype than the Chiefs.

I'll never understand how the 2023 Kansas City Chiefs became so underrated. Regardless of which angle is applied, it makes zero sense.

Their season wins over/under was 11.5

The Chiefs went 11-6

Yet somehow I was reading here and everywhere that they were an easy out and very little chance to be the AFC representative.

Cleveland with Joe Flacco was receiving more postseason hype than the Chiefs.
when is crunch time, KC's ready and gets it done. Mahomes has a lot to do with it of course but that team knows how to win late in the season and in the playoffs......never easy to win two playoff games on the road and they did that after beating the Dolphins at home.

when is crunch time, KC's ready and gets it done. Mahomes has a lot to do with it of course but that team knows how to win late in the season and in the playoffs......never easy to win two playoff games on the road and they did that after beating the Dolphins at home.
Not sure that it matters, but I think KC has been much more impressive in the postseason this year than San Francisco.

Not only winning on the road against Buffalo and Baltimore, but really dominating that Ravens game on defense.

The 49ers could have lost to Green Bay and Detroit. Both at home.

And this means what?
They got lucky, that's what. Made a colossal mistake, but came out smelling like roses with that luck.

I’m impressed with Mr Irrelevant 2022. Nothing short of remarkable so far.

Mature beyond his years. Showed a lot of poise against the Lions escaping the pocket and making big plays running the ball for 1st down were crucial to winning the game.
His first game should've clued most of us in. He came in confident, calm, and made several throws with dudes in his face about to kill him...that were money...against a defense that should've shut him down from the jump. He's more of a gamer than most NFL QBs, including Tua, he's proven it. Is his situation better team-health-wise? Sure as hell is. But he is a #199 pick that is FAR out-playing his draft status, period, and as long as they can keep a competitive team together in SF, he'll get his. He didn't lose the SB, Mahomes just took it, in classic Mahomes fashion.

SF got lucky AF...bottom line.

They got lucky, that's what. Made a colossal mistake, but came out smelling like roses with that luck.

His first game should've clued most of us in. He came in confident, calm, and made several throws with dudes in his face about to kill him...that were money...against a defense that should've shut him down from the jump. He's more of a gamer than most NFL QBs, including Tua, he's proven it. Is his situation better team-health-wise? Sure as hell is. But he is a #199 pick that is FAR out-playing his draft status, period, and as long as they can keep a competitive team together in SF, he'll get his. He didn't lose the SB, Mahomes just took it, in classic Mahomes fashion.

Not every qb gets to walk into a situation where you have CMC, Kittles, Aiyuk, Deebo and a line that gives you time to survey the field. I'd love to see him in chaos. People tend to overreact. SF is an insanely qb friendly system. Good for him though, he took full advantage

That was a game the QB needed to take at the end. Mahomes didn't play well, 49ers defense was gassed and everything changed when Greenlaw left the game. STILL, 49ers let Chiefs stay in the game by fumbling opening drive and letting a extra point get blocked. Either of those happen, it's game over. Purdy had some throws he missed with pressure in his face that should of been TDs.

We have concerning issues and not every thing is all hunky dory and A ok after this last seasons collapse

4/5 of our starting OLine spent less time on the field than our backs ups

And we still nearly won the East while Buffalo had 5/5 of their starters all season and into the POs

But the issue is the QB

Watching Mahomes last night reminds you of just how much work Tua has to do to get anywhere near that level.

Interesting analysis. Worthy of off season talk, discussion. Let the haters emerge. 😂
I personally think that Tua put on way too much weight and it hurt his mobility. Purdy isn’t a jet but he’s definitely more mobile than Tua is.

A simple view would be Tua is better at throwing down the field or maybe that is because of Miamis skillset at WR? I didn’t see Purdy attempt much of that. Purdy says more calm off script and is more likely to make something out of nothing.

They have a better team and coach and its non debatable

Eh, I’m not convinced about “the coach”. I’m sure I’m not alone. So that, in fact, is debatable.

Kyle Shanahan has the 2016 SB collapse on his resume as the OC, where, IMO, his 2nd half situational play calling was largely responsible for the epic collapse. And now his offense has underachieved twice more in the big game against the Chiefs.

Sorry, I’ve never been a big believer in Kyle Shanahan and nothing has changed during the past 8 years to change my mind.

Mike McD certainly has a lot left to prove, no doubt, but I don’t see any reason to believe that he’s an inferior HC to Shanahan. Not buying it.

Miami scheme is designed for Tua to get the ball out of his hands quickly, this whole notion about him needing more time goes against the scheme that McDaniel installed, it’s the reason why we have a track star team. Tua is a Rhythm and Timing QB it’s what suits him best and as a fanbase we should know that by now going into year 5. Him holding the ball isn’t part of his skillset.
im not disagreeing with your point here, it’s making me think, yes I believe the offense the way it’s designed maximizes Tuas skill set. However if given more time to survey I’m not sure Tua couldn’t survey and still be accurate

Back
Top Bottom