The Tua-Purdy Similarities and Differences | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tua-Purdy Similarities and Differences

Brother Fred. Let's move on please

I’m impressed with Mr Irrelevant 2022. Nothing short of remarkable so far.

Mature beyond his years. Showed a lot of poise against the Lions escaping the pocket and making big plays running the ball for 1st down were crucial to winning the game.
It was the 🦁 lions tho and one has to wonder about Campbell's playcalling with not going for the field goals

Purdy is a nice story. Last player picked to starting QB in the Superbowl......got to appreciate that.

As for comparison, they are fairly similar physically and neither are super athletic, although Purdy (144 yards and Tua had 74) does run a bit more. Tua has the edge in passing yards.

I think both are really good players

Not taking anything away from Purdy as he's been impressive. SF had a healthier team and a better offensive line.

Purdy also had/used a lot more time being throwing the ball. Not sure if these are measured the same way (through November 2023 and through 16 games last year).

GCTqJa9WQAE0tjp.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240210_064044_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20240210_064044_Opera.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 3
Guys don't make things personal

Use the report button at the bottom and let the staff handle it

Let's move on
That’s funny, this guys allowed to do this constantly on this message board to people who’s views he doesn’t agree with.

I find it equally funny how someone, presumably an administrator of this site (not saying it’s you), who didn’t like my original post about the Pro bowl Skills Challenge would go to such an extreme as to change my profile banner from a picture of a honeybadger to a pick of a heart with Tua in it because they didn’t like my post. That’s something a 2 year old would do.

Nothing to do with the oline.

🙄

Pretty much. It’s seems obvious he’s been coached to get the ball out as quickly as possible even at the expense that a better play maybe available if he holds the ball a little longer.

Clearly this isn’t sustainable if the team wants to develop and grow offensively. Simply put the OL has to be better.

I agree with this.

My biggest disappointment with Tua this season was his decision making. I think he took too many chances and threw into coverage too often, when receivers were open on other routes. Probably fixable, but???

Not sure he's going to get his athleticism back. Tua was always sneaky athletic, but with the added weight/muscle he definitely looks slower to me.

Accuracy, quick decisions are usually top-notch and, honestly, right at the top of the NFL.

Haven't seen a lot of Purdy, but he is more athletic. Seems to make good decisions. Decent arm.
This. The one thing in Purdy’s game that stands out vs Tua is the ability to run when he needs to. He also protects the ball better

This. The one thing in Purdy’s game that stands out vs Tua is the ability to run when he needs to. He also protects the ball better
Remember when he used to run like in the Arizona game multiple times

Brock Purdy's Silver and Gold Carrage turns into a Pumpkin TOMORROW

Not taking anything away from Purdy as he's been impressive. SF had a healthier team and a better offensive line.

Purdy also had/used a lot more time being throwing the ball. Not sure if these are measured the same way (through November 2023 and through 16 games last year).

View attachment 160326
Miami scheme is designed for Tua to get the ball out of his hands quickly, this whole notion about him needing more time goes against the scheme that McDaniel installed, it’s the reason why we have a track star team. Tua is a Rhythm and Timing QB it’s what suits him best and as a fanbase we should know that by now going into year 5. Him holding the ball isn’t part of his skillset.

View attachment 160326
He’s in the same quadrant as Tua. A little more time to throw but a little less accurate. All things considered there isn’t much difference except he made better decisions. Was he like 31 TDs to 10 picks or something while Tua was 29:15 or so?

He’s in the same quadrant as Tua. A little more time to throw but a little less accurate. All things considered there isn’t much difference except he made better decisions. Was he like 31 TDs to 10 picks or something while Tua was 29:15 or so?
That's the key difference! decision making!
🐻

Back
Top Bottom