The Tua-Purdy Similarities and Differences | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tua-Purdy Similarities and Differences

Purdy was really good against playoff teams all season. Tua was not. That trend carried into the end of the season and into the playoffs.

Until Tua can be productive against good teams, the comparison end there.
San Francisco was better as a team wait and see on Purdy he might be Garqppolo.. going with Mahomes on this one

Yea we should have waited to draft Purdy.

Clueless fans on this forum.
This is not so clueless as to spend the #5 pick overall on a guy with metrics that made Purdy a 7th round pick. We bought a viable car for the price of a Porsche.

San Francisco was better as a team wait and see on Purdy he might be Garqppolo.. going with Mahomes on this one
Jimmy G threw 4 passes his 2nd year in the league. Purdy's 2023 was better than anything Jimmy G has ever done, including the many years in SF.

Whether he beats one of the GOATs in the Super Bowl his 2nd year in the league is besides the point. At the moment, there's not much to compare with Tua. Tua has to start showing up against high level competition.

And bailed out by CMC , and Kittle, certainly future HoF candidates. I cannot wait to see how Achane is deployed next year, get Tua a reliable #3, if by some stretch we luck into a unicorn TE (still hopeful on Julian Hill), Tua will feast like it's a hometown luau.
Yep. I think there's more to Hill's game. Pretty nice first year for him.

Purdy was really good against playoff teams all season. Tua was not. That trend carried into the end of the season and into the playoffs.

Until Tua can be productive against good teams, the comparison ends there.
On the surface yes. That's definitely a true statement.

But Purdy struggled when Trent Williams went down. The 49ers had that three-game losing streak. I believe Deebo missed a game or two in that span as well.

Generally, the 49ers were pretty healthy by NFL standards.

How many games did Miami have two, three and four starters out on the offensive line? Most of the season, unfortunately. That was Tua's reality.

Jimmy G threw 4 passes his 2nd year in the league. Purdy's 2023 was better than anything Jimmy G has ever done, including the many years in SF.

Whether he beats one of the GOATs in the Super Bowl his 2nd year in the league is besides the point. At the moment, there's not much to compare with Tua. Tua has to start showing up against high level competition.
I agree with that on Tua as he has looked perplexed in games and I'm not sure who all this falls on , bit he does need more time to throw the ball and he needs to scramble..hoping we can fix it.

We all got hometown guys playing for both teams

Ok. Maybe I just want someone other than KC to win this one. This is becoming all too eerily like the Patriots domination of the league. 😂

Also, there aren’t many in the league from proxima centauri. 😂 😜

I’m impressed with Mr Irrelevant 2022. Nothing short of remarkable so far.

Mature beyond his years. Showed a lot of poise against the Lions escaping the pocket and making big plays running the ball for 1st down were crucial to winning the game.

Guys don't make things personal

Use the report button at the bottom and let the staff handle it

Let's move on

Back
Top Bottom