The Tua-Purdy Similarities and Differences | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tua-Purdy Similarities and Differences

This is what I don’t get. Everyone says Tua isn’t good enough to get to the Super Bowl yet here we are tomorrow with a qb very similar to Tua playing. The difference is Brock’s guys stayed healthy and were able to support him and Tua’s didn’t.

Purdy was really good against playoff teams all season. Tua was not. That trend carried into the end of the season and into the playoffs.

Until Tua can be productive against good teams, the comparison ends there.

Switch TT and Purdy in '23. My opinion is SF still gets to the SB and Miami still doesn't. Matter of fact, I'm not convinced any of 5-10 QBs could have gotten SF to the SB. Purdy is good, but not the reason they're in the SB.

Here's an even better way to ask and answer this question.

If you put Tua on the 49ers and you put Purdy on the Dolphins what are the differences?

Let see the Tua case:

He instantly goes to a better team overall.
Better coaching staff
Better OL protection
Comparable or slightly better running game
Comparable(Better TE in Kittle) receiving game
Better overall defense
Easier conference than the AFC.

IMO, 49ers are still a dangerous and potentially SB team with Tua.

Purdy on the Dolphins?

Pretty much the opposite of the Tua contrast to the 49ers.
Worst coaching staff
Worst OL protection
Let's call running game and receiving game about the same
Worst overall defense
Harder conference in the AFC

Yeah...

Anyone, Prove me wrong...

Remember when he used to run like in the Arizona game multiple times
I strongly believe that was Tua’s best performance as a pro. He literally put the team on his back and made plays with his legs and made plays at the key moments, from an individual standpoint his play really stood out. However that was his rookie season and we haven’t seen anything close since. Some will want to bring up the Baltimore come back as his best game but i’ll 4 qts of solid play.

I strongly believe that was Tua’s best performance as a pro. He literally put the team on his back and made plays with his legs and made plays at the key moments, from an individual standpoint his play really stood out. However that was his rookie season and we haven’t seen anything close since. Some will want to bring up the Baltimore come back as his best game but i’ll 4 qts of solid play.
I know and it has to be something mental going on maybe he's afraid of another concussion

Here's an even better way to ask and answer this question.

If you put Tua on the 49ers and you put Purdy on the Dolphins what are the differences?

Let see the Tua case:

He instantly goes to a better team overall.
Better coaching staff
Better OL protection
Comparable or slightly better running game
Comparable(Better TE in Kittle) receiving game
Better overall defense
Easier conference than the AFC.

IMO, 49ers are still a dangerous and potentially SB team with Tua.

Purdy on the Dolphins?

Pretty much the opposite of the Tua contrast to the 49ers.
Worst coaching staff
Worst OL protection
Let's call running game and receiving game about the same
Worst overall defense
Harder conference in the AFC

Yeah...

Anyone, Prove me wrong...
Purdy would be sitting at home if he were with us this year. Just like you said better coaching and players. Shanahan is a vet that learned from the best .. we have a newbie but that doesn't mean he can't be a great coach eventually

Last edited:
Kansas City has pretty much proved everyone wrong with the theory that they were just a shell of a team they used to be . Better quarterback back wins and that's Mahomes

Purdy would be sitting at home if he were with us this year. Just like you said better coaching and players. Shanahan is a vet that learned from the best .. we have a newbie but that doesn't mean he can't be a great coach eventually

Oh I know and agree completely. The example I use just provides perspective, imo, in a few different ways.

Broken record gon' broken record...

Brock Purdy's pocket time: 2.6 seconds(4th in the NFL)
Tua's pocket time: 2.1 seconds(dead last in the NFL)

For reference sake, no one in the bottom half at pocket time had a rating above 97... Tua finished the season with a 101 rating.

Broken record gon' broken record...

Brock Purdy's pocket time: 2.6 seconds(4th in the NFL)
Tua's pocket time: 2.1 seconds(dead last in the NFL)

For reference sake, no one in the bottom half at pocket time had a rating above 97... Tua finished the season with a 101 rating.

Insightful and scary! Makes you wonder how much the FO is going to emphasize improving that stat.

Their tone coming into previous season seem to suggest they thought what they had was good enough.

It wasn’t!

Insightful and scary! Makes you wonder how much the FO is going to emphasize improving that stat.

Their tone coming into previous season seem to suggest they thought what they had was good enough.

It wasn’t!
They've had the wrong mentality about the OL for a long time now... They try and make it top heavy, this makes it costly and fragile, you end up paying top money/resources for the top guys and left with scraps to fill in the remaining spots... On the OL, the floor is 10X more important than your ceiling, Grier as yet to understand this simple concept.

Back
Top Bottom