The U recruiting | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The U recruiting

RiderOnTheStorm

Starter
Reaction score
How does Miami's 2006 recruiting class look so far? Has the firing of Coker had any impact on the number of commitments? Which players are worth keeping an eye on?

I think the biggest thing (am I was appalled when I read it) was for 1-2 years we didn't recruit OL, and then the next year or so we didn't recruit WR and last year we didn't get a QB. So, for the last few years Coker was recruited what!?! Our OL has sucked for 4 years now and we haven't had decent WRs for 3 years. Awesome job recruiting Coker.

Who ever we get, please be less of a moron when recruiting positions OF NEED.

We lost a corner last week (early commit Phelon Jones), but we have 4 WR commits already...highlighted by five star JUCO prospect farguharson, and yesterday 4 star recruit hankerson from st. thomas aquinas committed as well.
We haven't picked up any o-tackles yet - we don't need to if youngblood and fox are healthy next year - and we have had 4 star recruit Gunn for some time now at guard.

It doesn't matter where we're ranked. We won championships when our recruiting classes weren't great, and we went downhill once our recruiting was at the top of those lists. I'm just glad we're bringing the south florida guys in, cuz that's all that matters.

We just landed our 5th WR of this class - 4 star recruit Jermaine McKenzie decommitted from Bama and committed to us today.

kpcane said:
We just landed our 5th WR of this class - 4 star recruit Jermaine McKenzie decommitted from Bama and committed to us today.

I hope his #8 ranked record setting QB follows him to the U. We need to grab some QBs too.

Verbal commits don't mean they are going for sure. You shouldn't get so high at the moment. I wait until the ink is dry on those letters of intent, before I get really excited.

Stitches said:
Verbal commits don't mean they are going for sure. You shouldn't get so high at the moment. I wait until the ink is dry on those letters of intent, before I get really excited.

Yeah thats about the truth these days. So many commits and decommits

Deonte will sign, joining the muck trio. Miami will have by far the best WR class in the nation. 2 5 stars, 3 4 stars.

I have a feeling we got Marve, just a gut feeling.

5 star rb Craig Cooper recently decommited but I think he stays.

Overall this won't be a bad year, won't be the top but won't be bad.

Next year, however, will be amazing. Best south Florida graduating class EVER. If next year Miami isn't top 5 recruiting then Shannon sucks.

Back
Top Bottom