The U recruiting | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The U recruiting

305TillIDie said:
huh?

that doesnt mean anything?

to the kids, it means ALOT..you dont understand how kids here love the Unveristy of Miami..hell, most of them was cane fans growing up...you cant say it "does mean anything"

Well having ties will help, But Not as much as you think. The decision is up to the kids and where they wanna go. Just because you grow up a fan of a team does not mean you always go there. I have seen alot were they grow up fans of home team and go to a rival.

NJL52 said:
You can take the talent from North Dakota and Montana, I'll be happy with Florida.

No it gets it from everywhere! Percy Harvin Virginia Beach, Virginia
Brandon Spikes South Carolina Two of the biggest names for Florida recruiting last year and they did not come out of Florida. Like I said National recruting nothing like it. Its ok to be able to recruit in your backyard, But its another to do it in a rivals backyard.

Skeet84 said:
Well having ties will help, But Not as much as you think. The decision is up to the kids and where they wanna go. Just because you grow up a fan of a team does not mean you always go there. I have seen alot were they grow up fans of home team and go to a rival.
of course they will go all over the country...that happen all the time..having ties here in south florida is a huge deal..look at Greg from Rutgers..hes been pulling florida kids like crazy...he ends up with a good record and turned that program around

kids see Portis, McGahee, Ray Lewis, Shockey, Gore, Vilma, Moss brothers and others come back to Miami and workout..Miami will get recruits from all over the nation and here

it will happen

Skeet84 said:
No it gets it from everywhere! Percy Harvin Virginia Beach, Virginia
Brandon Spikes South Carolina Two of the biggest names for Florida recruiting last year and they did not come out of Florida. Like I said National recruting nothing like it. Its ok to be able to recruit in your backyard, But its another to do it in a rivals backyard.
Miami, Florida, FSU, Tennessee, USC and everyone else gets National recruits

305TillIDie said:
of course they will go all over the country...that happen all the time..having ties here in south florida is a huge deal..look at Greg from Rutgers..hes been pulling florida kids like crazy...he ends up with a good record and turned that program around

kids see Portis, McGahee, Ray Lewis, Shockey, Gore, Vilma, Moss brothers and others come back to Miami and workout..Miami will get recruits from all over the nation and here

it will happen

Let me see them pull them in. I never said the guy was gunna suck. However saying he is one of the best is alittle outrageous. I mean lets see what they do next year in recruiting

305TillIDie said:
Miami, Florida, FSU, Tennessee, USC and everyone else gets National recruits

The Best talent in the country is alittle different than getting a three star guy from somewhere else.

Skeet84 said:
How is he so popular coach?
Born and raised in Dade. Played for Miami, coached for Miami for many years. How else does somebody gain popularity in an area? If you are questioning that he is popular, take my word for it, he is.

Yes Miami is lacking and they could go other places and win now and be at a better program!
It's a two way street, the same amount of kids will want to win and the same amount of kids will want playing time. We see this every year.

Not to mention, Miami is returning 9 starters from the nations number 4 defense and replacing those 2 that left with 2 players that many think will be first rounders (Antonio Dixon and Anthony Reddick) They will also return 10 starters on Offense while adding 2 5 star Jucos (Kayne and Cooper) and at least 1 other 5 star freshie.

There may be alot of talent, But I doubt Miami will get all of it and there are other teams that recruit instate also. You may have heard of the Florida and Florida State! Oh and if kids are gunna be so great than National powers will be down there too.
Same as every year, everybody will be recruiting in SoFla. Not like this will be the first year that Michigan is allowed to recruit down here.

On top of that, it is SoFla talent, not Lakeland or Nease or the panhandle. I'm talking 561, 954 and 305: the Miami pipelines.

Ok so he has had one of the best defense's in the country.... What about offense and proving he can win with both sides of the ball.

Everything he has touched he has turned to gold. He has been just about flawless in coaching the defense, no reason to doubt him when it comes to other aspects of the game.

If he does not win then he won't get the recruits and lets see a few games before we start building the statue.

And there is no reason to say he won't win. With only 3 ranked opponments next year, it is hard to believe Miami won't win at the bare minimum 9.

And nobody is building a statue, you doubted Shannon's ability to recruit and we are supplying you with information to counter.

NJL52 said:
Born and raised in Dade. Played for Miami, coached for Miami for many years. How else does somebody gain popularity in an area? If you are questioning that he is popular, take my word for it, he is.

It's a two way street, the same amount of kids will want to win and the same amount of kids will want playing time. We see this every year.

Not to mention, Miami is returning 9 starters from the nations number 4 defense and replacing those 2 that left with 2 players that many think will be first rounders (Antonio Dixon and Anthony Reddick) They will also return 10 starters on Offense while adding 2 5 star Jucos (Kayne and Cooper) and at least 1 other 5 star freshie.

Same as every year, everybody will be recruiting in SoFla. Not like this will be the first year that Michigan is allowed to recruit down here.

On top of that, it is SoFla talent, not Lakeland or Nease or the panhandle. I'm talking 561, 954 and 305: the Miami pipelines.

Everything he has touched he has turned to gold. He has been just about flawless in coaching the defense, no reason to doubt him when it comes to other aspects of the game.

And there is no reason to say he won't win. With only 3 ranked opponments next year, it is hard to believe Miami won't win at the bare minimum 9.

And nobody is building a statue, you doubted Shannon's ability to recruit and we are supplying you with information to counter.

You supply this info that I could just as easily turn on you. If you think some of those kids won't go to Florida and Florida state your crazy. Just because he is popular as a coach does not mean a whole lot. Shannon has been with the Hurricanes awhile now and has not got all the recruits that you say he is gunna get now. All I am saying is lets see some results

Skeet84 said:
The Best talent in the country is alittle different than getting a three star guy from somewhere else.

Out of state teams don't recruit the 3 stars, they only target the 5 stars(at least in the cases of Texas, Miami, Florida, FSU and USC.)

The 3 stars are taken from local teams to spread loyalty in the community. A 5 star junior sees his 3 star friend taken by Miami and he gets persuaded some to keep the loyalty. As is the case of Tarus McKinley(the 3 star) and Deonte Thompson(the 5 star.) Miami offered Tarus McKinley because he is a SoFla 3 star and Deonte is likely to follow.

Skeet84 said:
You supply this info that I could just as easily turn on you. If you think some of those kids won't go to Florida and Florida state your crazy. Just because he is popular as a coach does not mean a whole lot. Shannon has been with the Hurricanes awhile now and has not got all the recruits that you say he is gunna get now. All I am saying is lets see some results
First: Again, FSU and Florida have always been there. Lets say, for example, Miami claims 40% of the So Fla kids, FSU takes 15, Florida takes 10, and out of state takes 10%. (Not saying these numbers are correct, just an example.) If one year there are 10 4 and 5 star players then Miami claims 4. If another year there are 20 then Miami claims 8. The more kids to sign, the more Miami will sign, it's a simple formula.

Second: The key thing is exactly where these kids come from. From Northwestern(comparable to a farm team in baseball is to the major league team) there are two 5 stars, at least 2 4 stars, some 3/4 tweeners and a few 3. Not to mention other Miami pipelines such as Ely, Booker T, Chaminade, Atlantic, Aquinas are loaded.

To say that So Fla is absolutely loaded next year is a vast understatement.

Third: As far as results, in the week or so Shannon has been the head coach he has gotten Verbals from: Jermaine McKenzie, Leonard Hankerson, Adewale Ojomo, Daniel Adderly. He has brought back consideration from Phelon Jones and DVD and will likely land Marve and DT soon.

Skeet84 said:

Of course it means a lot. If your stuck between 3 schools (Miami, FSU and Florida lets just say for the heck of it) and you really cant decide, you will go with the coach that you like best.

The #12 defense in the Nation didnt recruit itself. He had just as much to do with that as Coker did.

Not to mention on the Offensive side of the ball he has already secured a 5 star WR (he is ranked a 4 star on one site and a 5 on another) three 4 star WR's, is going to land the #23 QB in the nation (#8 Pro Style QB, there is very little doubt we will land him) and a couple more 4 star recruits.

Just in a week or so he has gotten players that werent ever looking at UM anymore to either commit of be in their top 3 schools.

Thats very impressive in a year that could have been a disaster.

Caps said:
Kayne Farquharson and (in his scenario) Deonte Thompson.

Rivals has Kayne and Thompson as a 4 star, 1 of your WR as a 3 star and 1 as a 2 star.

I have no doubt Shannon will be good, but he's been recruiting for a couple years and it isnt like the UM classes have been great as of late.

DonShula84 said:
Rivals has Kayne and Thompson as a 4 star, 1 of your WR as a 3 star and 1 as a 2 star.

I have no doubt Shannon will be good, but he's been recruiting for a couple years and it isnt like the UM classes have been great as of late.
Coker had the final say on guys Randy wanted..but now, Randy is the man in charge and hes a much much better recruiter than Larry..its showing right now..especially at the WR position

305TillIDie said:
Coker had the final say on guys Randy wanted..but now, Randy is the man in charged and hes a much much better recruiter than Larry..its showing right now..especially at the WR position

I have no doubt he'll do better than Coker but if he doesnt win I'm not sure him being respected and a nice guy will matter all that much. Also, I just wouldnt assume he'll pull in a top 5 class next year because he pulled in a couple WR and recruits S. Florida well. Seems like U fans are putting a lot of pressure on him and he's had the job for a week. Besides ND is taking over Florida one class at a time :wink:

Back
Top Bottom