The U recruiting | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The U recruiting

Alex44 said:
He's still as good as a 5 star recruit or else he wouldnt be rated like one.

You don't judge a recruit until he takes the feild and proves himself. All these stars are just guesses. I have seen the best be chumps and Diamonds in the rough. You just have to wait and see. However he must be doing something right to get Five stars. Juco has nothing to do with it. the Florida Gators got a Juco last year and he turned out to be pretty good. His name was...... Hmmmm let me think...... Oh yeah Reggie Nelson! :wink:

Skeet84 said:
You don't judge a recruit until he takes the feild and proves himself. All these stars are just guesses. I have seen the best be chumps and Diamonds in the rough. You just have to wait and see. However he must be doing something right to get Five stars. Juco has nothing to do with it. the Florida Gators got a Juco last year and he turned out to be pretty good. His name was...... Hmmmm let me think...... Oh yeah Reggie Nelson! :wink:

I agree 100%

Who knows what any of these guys will do, but for someone to say he isnt gonna be as good because he came for a JUCO isnt right.

Alex44 said:
I agree 100%

Who knows what any of these guys will do, but for someone to say he isnt gonna be as good because he came for a JUCO isnt right.

I agree.

Anyone just ripping a recruit simply based on them coming from a JUCO dosen't know college football.

Some top recruits that have grade problems end up at JUCO's. They go there with a plan to make their grades and transfer back to a top program.

Not to mention there are as you said "diamonds in the rough" that just develop their game while at a JUCO.

I think the hiring of Shannon is going to be huge for the recruiting. This should definitely help the U.

National Champs in 2008 led by Freeman!!!

FINdestructible said:
I think the hiring of Shannon is going to be huge for the recruiting. This should definitely help the U.

National Champs in 2008 led by Freeman!!!

no player named Kirby can win a national championship, sorry

Good article about Shannon and recruiting from the Herald. Thought this was interesting about Bama also

One school that will no longer be welcome at St. Thomas, though, is the University of Alabama. Smith has sent a letter to the school president and athletic director after what he believes was the unfair firing of Mike Shula as coach

Not being able to recruit at St Thomas seems like a blow considering they always have some 5 star recruits coming out of that school

I like this also :)

''Shannon has definitely made Major reconsider UM,'' Smith said. ``But it's going to be tough. Florida, Ohio State are also after him. Notre Dame and coach Charlie Weis are coming in today to speak to him today. And he's one of heck a recruiter, too.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16226563.htm

:fire: at that news.

hope he chooses b/w the U and ND. i would hate him to go the ****eyes or the gators.

speaking of the irish, has BC hired a new coach?

DonShula84 said:
Good article about Shannon and recruiting from the Herald. Thought this was interesting about Bama also

Not being able to recruit at St Thomas seems like a blow considering they always have some 5 star recruits coming out of that school

I like this also :)

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16226563.htm

I think Major Wright is going to Ohio State, But I would really like to see him in a Gator uniform.

Skeet84 said:
I think Major Wright is going to Ohio State, But I would really like to see him in a Gator uniform.

I was thinking OSU also. I think ND is a real long shot for some reason

DonShula84 said:
I was thinking OSU also. I think ND is a real long shot for some reason

I think if he does not go to OSU it will be either Florida or Miami, but I am pretty sure he will be going to OSU

culpepper2chambers said:
yvenson bernard....

all good players for beavs are diamond in the roughs

I am sure they get some good recruits. They play in a BCS conference and get some media attention and have a history. The Civil War is always a good game it seems like

Back
Top Bottom