The U recruiting | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The U recruiting

DonShula84 said:
I have no doubt he'll do better than Coker but if he doesnt win I'm not sure him being respected and a nice guy will matter all that much. Also, I just wouldnt assume he'll pull in a top 5 class next year because he pulled in a couple WR and recruits S. Florida well. Seems like U fans are putting a lot of pressure on him and he's had the job for a week. Besides ND is taking over Florida one class at a time :wink:

:yeahthat:

Nobody's putting pressure on Randy Shannon. I'd say he's already exceeded our expectations for this year's recruiting, and I can only imagine it's going to get better this year.
I don't think I'm expecting too much out of him to bring us at least an ACC title next year, considering our competition. We have way more talent on this team than any other in the ACC...although I thought Clemson was loaded this year too. Ga tech should be nothing next year, and Va tech is always a challenge, but we should take them.

Maybe it's not so much pressure on Shannon but the expectations the fans down here have for the U year in year out. They want a Chip every year. Highly unrealistic

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Maybe it's not so much pressure on Shannon but the expectations the fans down here have for the U year in year out. They want a Chip every year. Highly unrealistic

That's what I meant when I said these guys(the fans) are putting a lot of pressure on him.

The University of Miami fans have unreal expectations about Randy Shannon. I really believe he will be a good recruiter, But for you guys to say that he is gunna out recruit Florida, Florida State, and other powers is crazy. He did a great job with the Defense and no one will deny that. That is always a good defense, But what offense that was any good did they stop? Big thing for me was how the Louisville back up picked them apart. Shannon has alot to prove, But Miami fans are already talking like he has won a national title. What other head coaching experince does he have?

I'm not worried about Shannon's recruiting at all. He was born in Florida, went to school at Miami, and was the DC when we had the unstoppable defense in '01. We didn't allow a SINGLE sack all year. People know who he is down there, and they know who comes out of that school and how well they do in the NFL. We like to keep our recruiting down south because that's where some of the best players come from. Why give them the opportunity to go up north and possibly have a crappy college career? Some of the best players come from other places, but a LOT of the best come from Florida, and that's the state they want to go to school in, and we like to keep it that way. :peace:

I thought Marve was visiting UM this weekend was going to follow his WR here?

Thats what I heard, that would be a great move for UM to get back on track.

Skeet84 said:
The University of Miami fans have unreal expectations about Randy Shannon. I really believe he will be a good recruiter, But for you guys to say that he is gunna out recruit Florida, Florida State, and other powers is crazy. He did a great job with the Defense and no one will deny that. That is always a good defense, But what offense that was any good did they stop? Big thing for me was how the Louisville back up picked them apart. Shannon has alot to prove, But Miami fans are already talking like he has won a national title. What other head coaching experince does he have?

Yeah, a lot of people were calling me crazy for saying Nick Saban was the right man for the job, and he was eventually going to be challenging Bill Bellichick - the winner of 3 super bowls - for the AFC each year after he got his team in Miami. Responses were...
What NFL head coaching experience does he have?
How can you possibly say he'll be that great of a coach?
There's no way he can compete with BB.

Sometimes, you just know.

kpcane said:
Yeah, a lot of people were calling me crazy for saying Nick Saban was the right man for the job, and he was eventually going to be challenging Bill Bellichick - the winner of 3 super bowls - for the AFC each year after he got his team in Miami. Responses were...
What NFL head coaching experience does he have?
How can you possibly say he'll be that great of a coach?
There's no way he can compete with BB.

Sometimes, you just know.

Well Nick Saban was also a head coach at alot of places before he went to the Dolphins and Shannon has none. Shannon may be a good coach, But there unreal expectations in Miami. Well I also said Ron Zook was gunna be a bad coach at Florida and many thought he would be great. I guess when you know you know! :D

Back
Top Bottom