The Year of the Dolphin 2017 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Year of the Dolphin 2017

Being positive is one thing, but being real about the situation is another.

Nothing on offense shows they will somehow instantly turn it around. They are what they are..

The Defense will still be good, run D is really improved and McDonald will help that, but he's not a good cover guy. He's not gonna be some great FS and I don't think he's actually going to play FS.

I don't see 5 wins on the schedule. It is what it is.

What do you see now?

How many wins?

Before the Atlanta game, I was thinking 5-6 wins. Now, who knows. The offense still has a ways to go, but man has the defense been playing well.

I don't think anyone thought this team would make the playoffs last year so you just never know. The entire NFL is very topsy, turvy this year.

Before the Atlanta game, I was thinking 5-6 wins. Now, who knows. The offense still has a ways to go, but man has the defense been playing well.

I don't think anyone thought this team would make the playoffs last year so you just never know. The entire NFL is very topsy, turvy this year.

It's easy to be negative...but after turning around 1-4 last year it's funny to me how little faith the fanbase has in general.

The Defense is vastly improved...ranking 3rd in the league in points per game allowed.

If the offense gets it's act together...and it's not crazy to think it can...especially after yesterday's 2nd half...this season can be better than last year.

Look around the NFL...the AFC...we are right in the thick of it.

The NFL is so evenly matched that any team can beat any team on any day...which is why this league is the best in Sports.

It's easy to be negative...but after turning around 1-4 last year it's funny to me how little faith the fanbase has in general.

The Defense is vastly improved...ranking 3rd in the league in points per game allowed.

If the offense gets it's act together...and it's not crazy to think it can...especially after yesterday's 2nd half...this season can be better than last year.

The NFL is so evenly matched that any team can beat any team on any day...which is why this league is the best in Sports.
I’m with you Blue, nice post.

If the Fins offense comes alive and they beat a good Atlanta team and get to 3 and 2 the talk will quickly turn from I won't spend money on this loser team to super bowl baby.
Just the highs and lows of being a Dolphins fan I guess.

And look...here we are...3-2...and the entire AFC looks beatable.

It's all in how this team grows and develops the rest of the season.

What looked like a killer schedule is really just a schedule.

Watch it unfold before your eyes...so that next time you'll have more patience about what is actually happening.
I hope it does unfold before my eyes....I'll love that.
I do have patience, in fact I am pleasantly surprised by what I see so far. Remember I didn't think we would do much of anything this year, I looked at this team as a project that probably wouldn't have come together for another two years or so. But........I still like the vision.

giphy.gif

Blue

And look...here we are...3-2...and the entire AFC looks beatable.

It's all in how this team grows and develops the rest of the season.

What looked like a killer schedule is really just a schedule.

You called it brother!! I believed with you. Please no more Adam Gase fire talk everyone. The man has assembled a talented roster and is 12-4 in the last 16 games. He told us all he wouldn't lose to Dan Quinn again and he showed us why he needs to be the Fins coach for years and years to come. Stay positive. It's refreshing!!
PHINS UP BlueFin!!! Have an epiphany every week lol

When we beat ATL on Sunday, everyone will jump back on Gase's jock. That's how sports work, people only believe in you when you have success. I am a huge Nationals fan and for years I have been saying Strasburg is a hell of a pitcher, but most Nats fans have been down on him because he hasn't come up big in the clutch. Well now that he is basically saving the Nats season, everybody loves him again and pretend like they always believed in his talent, just how sports work I guess.

Yes and you called it. Everyone, please stop the fire Gase talk. I'll take any coach that is 12-4 in his last 16 games. He has given us the hope we have needed for so long. Think about the **** he's dealt with and still doesn't care what the media says because he's the coach of the Miami Dolphins. Very proud of our team. Who would have thought the Raiders would be 2-4 and the fins 3-2 with Cutler? Imagine if we had a potent passing attack. Great win!! Let's get much needed pay back on the Jets. (It must suck to have gotten that screwed, Only the Patriots get that call)

In the midst of the neverending knee jerking negativity...I have seen a vision of the Dolphin reprisal that will unfold in 2017........

The Dolphin O-line will gel into an effective unit bolstering the running game and passing game and allowing Jay Cutler to finally get in sync with his receivers...this takes time and was hurt by the early struggles of the O-line.

Tunsil will grow and improve becoming a top flight left tackle by seasons end.

The offense will become an effective scoring machine...and mated with a surprisingly effective defense the team becomes a factor in the AFC playoff scenario.

The defense continues to improve as the season wears on...McDonald joins Jones at midseason to form an intimidating safety combo...and further improve the run stopping prowess of this defense.

The linebacking Corp keeps improving with Alonso having a career year...Timmons bouncing back from his home sickness and embracing south Florida...Maualuga rounding into condition and giving us the run stopper we needed in the middle on early downs.

The young corners keep growing and improving giving us the long time future combo of Howard/Tankersly.

The D-line feeds off of this and is a pass rushing force with young Charles Harris getting better and better as the season progresses.

In the end.....this team is a playoff team and wins a playoff game at a minimum...Gase shakes off his early season funk again and sports 2nd year improvement in the end.

That is how see it....now...let the negativity resume in 5-4-3-2-1.....

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees Right To The Big Bowl

The Ever Having Friends In Low Places
l
l
l
l
V

images

Very true. Beating Atlanta was absolutely huge. We're talking about a team that went to the super bowl last year and figures to be in the running this year. Miami's offense showed signs of life in the second half with 20 points. Hopefully that's a starting point for the offense the rest of the way.

I think we have a playoff team...the key is going to be beating the Patriots at home.

We simply have to do the above to be taken seriously as a contender.

Back
Top Bottom