Theories on Charles Clay??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Theories on Charles Clay???

i love the pick. i think he will be lineing up at te most of the time, and some fb. they better take advantage of his skill set. put him in motion alot create alot of mismatches. the guy is an amazing player, he can just do anything on the field. i think it may take a year to get his blocking down, but he is going to be down the seem threat. a nightmare for lb's.

I think we will use the him a lot like Dallas Clark, Arron Hernandez, Dustin Keller is used. They might be able to teach him to be a little better blocker, but I think he will be more lined up out in the slot like some other TE's are used.

camp cut...imo

he could be, but I think he has potential to be that Cooley type in this offense, similar to how we all envisioned DJ Williams to be in this offense. This kid has more size and speed and maybe better hands. He isn't as polished as Williams but he has more upside.

He is AT WORST the #3 TE on this team, but right now he is the clear #2 TE. I think he makes it and is active on game days.

i just watched the entire senior bowl south team week practices and game and just keyed charles clay...i have to say i'm a bit more intrigued than i was before...he was used primarily as an offset i fullback in the game and practices...as a blocker he looked a little lost at times but also looked willing which was a plus...his block did spring the rb into the second level a few times...not a body rocker by any means but effective at times...however he's gonna have to learn to drop his pad level blocking in the run game cause he comes in with his head high and in the pros a lb is gonna stick his helmet right under his chin...someone tell this kid low man wins...he just looks raw to me in that regard but again willing and he's pretty body beautiful at 6 ft 3 and 239 lbs...the real value i see is as a receiver out of the backfield he only ran routes into the flats but he's got some quick burst has a little bit of make the first guy miss and looks pretty fluid as a pass catcher...i think he could give some lbs some fits in coverage...don't see every down te don't see the inpactful lead blocker to be an every down fb i see h back

i'll be checkin out his combine work pretty soon here...

i just watched the entire senior bowl south team week practices and game and just keyed charles clay...i have to say i'm a bit more intrigued than i was before...he was used primarily as an offset i fullback in the game and practices...as a blocker he looked a little lost at times but also looked willing which was a plus...his block did spring the rb into the second level a few times...not a body rocker by any means but effective at times...however he's gonna have to learn to drop his pad level blocking in the run game cause he comes in with his head high and in the pros a lb is gonna stick his helmet right under his chin...someone tell this kid low man wins...he just looks raw to me in that regard but again willing and he's pretty body beautiful at 6 ft 3 and 239 lbs...the real value i see is as a receiver out of the backfield he only ran routes into the flats but he's got some quick burst has a little bit of make the first guy miss and looks pretty fluid as a pass catcher...i think he could give some lbs some fits in coverage...don't see every down te don't see the inpactful lead blocker to be an every down fb i see h back

i'll be checkin out his combine work pretty soon here...

Nice job. Cool that you keep those around.

it will be nice if this kid can show enough as a blocker to make the squad i won't have to see lousaka polite running routes on 3rd down this year...this kids got much more going for him in that regard than polite...thats for sure

anybody got any idea where i can see some tulsa tape??? i heard this kid was used at te fb rb wr etc and i want to see how he was employed and what kind of routes he can run and if they split him out off of motion etc...and see what he looks like toting the rock inside and off tackle

it will be nice if this kid can show enough as a blocker to make the squad i won't have to see lousaka polite running routes on 3rd down this year...this kids got much more going for him in that regard than polite...thats for sure

anybody got any idea where i can see some tulsa tape??? i heard this kid was used at te fb rb wr etc and i want to see how he was employed and what kind of routes he can run and if they split him out off of motion etc...and see what he looks like toting the rock inside and off tackle
http://www.hulu.com/watch/191484/notre-dame-tulsa-vs-notre-dame 170 minutes long (entire game).

I'm just gonna put this out there and it's kinda off topic. I watched Tulsa's bowl game against Hawaii and a couple this stood out. 1. Tulsa's offense is crazy 2. Damires Johnson is really fun to watch 3. And I really really am intrigued buy G.J. Kinne. The guy is playing in a really weird offense so I have no idea how that translates to a pro style offense but the kid can throw the ball and he's really athletic. the thing that really impressed me was his ability to throw the deep ball. I'm gonna watch this kid closely next year. I've got a good feeling about this guy

They remind me of a nonprostyle version of Harbaugh's Stanford offense.

camp cut...imo

Really?

I don't at all , I like this pick and the Gates pick better than Pouncey and Thomas , relative to their draft positions to be honest.

Clay to me is fluid , versatile and has good hands and also produced ( I think ) 30 plus plays over 30 yards in his collegiate career. I like that number... a lot.

Like I said, if people were thrilled with DJ Williams, they should atleast be intrigued with this kid.

Really?

I don't at all , I like this pick and the Gates pick better than Pouncey and Thomas , relative to their draft positions to be honest.

Clay to me is fluid , versatile and has good hands and also produced ( I think ) 30 plus plays over 30 yards in his collegiate career. I like that number... a lot.

yeah i said camp cut i meant replaced by someone else camp cut on the roster. i didn't exactly word that right...but after looking at him in depth i think he's got some upside and some talent...needs polish no doubt

but in all honesty outside of anthony fasano who isn't anything great to begin with we got nothing on this roster for him to have to beat out...so he's got a real opportunity and he couldn't have asked for a better team to get that opportunity with...

we'll see...for me the jurys out

Back
Top Bottom