Theories on Charles Clay??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Theories on Charles Clay???

Hoops,
If you check out you tube there's a video of all his snaps against Hawaii. From that vidoe he looks decent when he has a designated person to block, but when they run option it seems like he doesn't know who to block because he doesn't know who has the ball.

Hoops,
If you check out you tube there's a video of all his snaps against Hawaii. From that vidoe he looks decent when he has a designated person to block, but when they run option it seems like he doesn't know who to block because he doesn't know who has the ball.

I watched that and when he doesn't look lost he makes some good blocks. He makes a really good block on the damiras Johnson 65 yard td run. His block seals a hole to the outside that Johnson gets through. I think we might have gotten another steal hear. And luckily for clay we only have one other te

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

i'll say this he looks good once the ball is in his hands, and it seems like there's a lot of ways to get it to him. i don't think we should worry too much about what his position will be. clearly not the ideal person you want blocking, but from the small sample video there is potential in every aspect of his game. he's absolutely got some explosion and i think he could be a serious a mismatch for linebackers and safeties. my guess is they'll call him a tight end or halfback but it's really irrelevant. he's just someone versatile they feel they can get involved on the field in a variety of ways, and probably special teams is where he'll get his blocking reps in. and maybe some tackling too the way lex hilliard did this year

watched clays combine work yesterday...worked out with the te's...short answer is i was underwhelmed...route running did not look sharp...kids got this awful habit of when gearing down before his cuts dropping his hands to his side ...who taught him that i have no idea...most the other te's are chopping their hands up and down as they gear down and into their cuts which is what i'm accustomed to and on the turn by having thier hands rising back up giving themselves a better chance of properly receiving/plucking the ball

odd stuff...thats all i can say...the difference b/t him and dj williams as a route runner as far the fluidity and smoothness of motion was night and day pretty much...much more clean

this kids raw...mayock also said during the combine field work that at the senior bowl "clay didn't block anybody all week despite playing a off set i fullback and teams wanted to see him block"

just an fyi...

watched clays combine work yesterday...worked out with the te's...short answer is i was underwhelmed...route running did not look sharp...kids got this awful habit of when gearing down before his cuts dropping his hands to his side ...who taught him that i have no idea...most the other te's are chopping their hands up and down as they gear down and into their cuts which is what i'm accustomed to and on the turn by having thier hands rising back up giving themselves a better chance of properly receiving/plucking the ball

odd stuff...thats all i can say...the difference b/t him and dj williams as a route runner as far the fluidity and smoothness of motion was night and day pretty much...much more clean

this kids raw...mayock also said during the combine field work that at the senior bowl "clay didn't block anybody all week despite playing a off set i fullback and teams wanted to see him block"

just an fyi...
Yes but he has some experience running the wildcat I hear.

Here that's trumps .

I'm thinking there is wildcat outbreak this year.

If it means anything, Kiper had him as one of his first 6 steals mentioned in the entire draft (he also had Gates in there).

He then followed it up with "other" steals in another tweet.

Back
Top Bottom