These ridiculous grades of the Miami Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

These ridiculous grades of the Miami Draft

Yeap.

Us taking Ryan Tannehill is no different than the Jets taking Mark Sanchez and feeling like there's a media bias because they got a C. And us Dolphin fans laughed and poked at them for taking a "project QB" so high.

I agree that we're open to criticism for taking someone with lower experience with a high pick but seriously ... you don't see a physical difference in the abilities between Sanchez and RT????

I saw a lot of Sanchez when he was at USC and I could see a difference!

I'm not sure I buy the idea of judging the quality of the draft by "how many players start right away" criteria.

Is it better to have RT sit? If he does and becomes a star in 3 years does that make his selection a bad one? If one of the new WR's starts with our current situation and doesn't excel does that make him a successful pick?

I'm for waiting a few years before making a judgment on a draft.
I

agree. But we are talking about "blip" news here. The media needs a letter or number NOW! They need something to fill the news hole, and a "who has the best draft in 3 years" is not going to cut it. So in the 34 minutes he took to write this, he simply figured out (this coming from someone else) how many players drafting would start and how many of those early picks would start.

I agree that we're open to criticism for taking someone with lower experience with a high pick but seriously ... you don't see a physical difference in the abilities between Sanchez and RT????

I saw a lot of Sanchez when he was at USC and I could see a difference!

Criticism of any draft pick is fair.

As crazy as it sounds, even criticism of Andrew Luck is fair and warranted.

And personally, I loved Mark Sanchez at USC. He was great. Hated that the Jets was able to land him and I still have faith that he can be a good QB in this league.

I liked Sanchez at USC a lot more than I like Tannehill at A&M.

I have several friends who are Saints fans and they feel there is strong bias against the Saints. A couple of friends here are Giants fans and they feel there is a bias against the Giants. When I lived in Dallas, co-workers felt there was a bias against the Cowboys. Growing up in Phoenix, there was tremendous bias against the cards, according to the 5 fans they had before their SB run.

Amazing that there's so much bias out there.

Haters gonna hate...lol

BTW,

The Saints and Raiders are at the bottom as much because they had no early round picks as anything else.

I did take a sneaky look at the draft grades Ted Slimm handed out to the bottom teams in my list to see how they compare and - by and large - the trend is similar.

If some teams drafted a couple of great players in the first two rounds, who could end up being pro-bowlers, but trash in the later rounds, their score in my simple methodology would suffer and they'd end up in the bottom half of the table.

So, it's not scientific. But as one poster said, it's to illustrate how skewed the evaluation of players who were great before the draft becomes when a team name is put beside them.

A straight average is a little oversimplified, as teams with more picks are likely to have had more late round picks, but the idea was not to be scientific.

Why not make it scientific? I dont want to rain on your parade, but I think weighing the amount of picks and where they were taken is a pretty big deal when considering value.

Why not make it scientific? I dont want to rain on your parade, but I think weighing the amount of picks and where they were taken is a pretty big deal when considering value.

Because it takes a lot more time and I have a company to run!

My point was that fans of every team think there is a bias against their team. And no, cards fans don't count.

That sounds reasonable but I don't think it's possible. ESPN certainly sweats the nuts of specific NFL teams. I don't watch the NFL Network so I can't comment on them.

Let's just play a game, season or a few seasons before we pass grades on these kids who have never played in the NFL before.

Back
Top Bottom