This bad call was Wannstedt's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This bad call was Wannstedt's

Was there a point to the article? Is the author trying to say that Wanny caused the illness? Is he trying to say that Wanny should have known? Is he saying that Wanny was wrong for bringing in experienced assistants?

He stated that there won't be changes to the offensive philosophy but they would incorporated new ideas. That is not inconsistent.

The message about opening up the offense without abandoning the running game has been consistent. The have also talked about using base personnel more creatively to create mismatches against the base defenses.

It is clear to me that they have wanted to run the Dallas offense for 6 years. They want to use a strong running game along with a vertical passing game to the Wrs and throws to the TE, FB, and HB in the intermediate and short areas.

The main thing that they have been missing is the dominant offensive line that is needed to run the offense well.

I really hate Miami "journalists".

iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
You guys are so qucik to jump down Dave Wa.'s throat. It's rediculously useless and nothing but arrogant. Dave Wanstedt is by far a great "coach." I agree with 90% of you that Dave Wannstedt is by far one of the worst possible GM"s and has indeed made some terrible calls in his career. But seeing that he is only a "coach" this year and nothing more, let the man be. There is a reason why the Dolphins players respect him so dayum much. I know Dave personally and i find it rediculous that nothing but simple Dolphin fans with maybe a lil experience behind them can rant on so much about a position none of you would ever take or even have he capabilities to handle. Give me a break.

Hey, I am sure he is a great guy, but he isn't always a good coach. I hope Dave coaches his *** off this year and wins Coach of the Year and leads us to the Super Bowl. If that happens I will be the first guy to call myself out (Can you do that?) and say I was wrong and give Wanny kudos. Untill then, however, I have a right to my opinion. One of which I don't think is all that of the mark.

Oh, and just because I don't think Wanny should still be coach doesn't mean I agree with that article. I think it is off the mark, but that doesn't change my opinion of Waany.

RevRick said:
But, he (Wannstedt) doesn't miss the tackles, drop the catches, fumble the ball, or throw the ball.QUOTE]

No, but he is the one that has stuck with Jay Fiedler's anemic passing and defended a piss poor offensive line and wide receiver corps.

It's funny, I came across one of my old Dolphin Digests from September of 2000. It was right after we lost the second game of the season to Minnesota. Wannstedt's column was titled "Passing Game Will Improve". Ok, here we are in May of 2004 and the passing game is still anemic. HOW MUCH LONGER WILL IT TAKE FOR EVERYONE TO REALIZE THAT WANNSTEDT HAS TO GO??!!

Touborg...who said it was a "mental breakdown" ??

Personally, I am not qualified to diagnose or presume a diagnosis of any person. Collier and the Fins said that he has a medical condition...who are the media (or us) to question this....

Does anyone really think that a professional organization like an NFL team would "lie" about an illness afficting one of the prominent members of their organization. This idea just doesn't make sense to me...The organization would have to get all the coaches (whom I assume would have an inkling of what is going on with Collier--or with something between Collier and DW) and front office staff and trainers to "not let the real truth" out to the media...How or why would they even consider doing that sort of thing....

Look, the idea that there is more to this than Collier's illness is absurd... and to put "blame" on DW for that is stupid, unprofessional reporting on the part of the media. This is the type of smut reporting that got one of the media outlets locally in trouble not too long ago...

The bad part of this and all the other faux pas that have plagued the Fins this offseason is that somewhere down the line it will affect the team and the coaching staff. Whether this stuff has been a string of poor luck or the result of poor leadership by Wayne is questionable (I am a firm beliver that you make your own circumstances)....but even with poor management of a team, all of this could not happen in this short period of time. Let's just hope that there is little affect on the team once the TCs and the season heats up and they get past all this.

Pope Shula XIV said:
RevRick said:
But, he (Wannstedt) doesn't miss the tackles, drop the catches, fumble the ball, or throw the ball.QUOTE]

No, but he is the one that has stuck with Jay Fiedler's anemic passing and defended a piss poor offensive line and wide receiver corps.

It's funny, I came across one of my old Dolphin Digests from September of 2000. It was right after we lost the second game of the season to Minnesota. Wannstedt's column was titled "Passing Game Will Improve". Ok, here we are in May of 2004 and the passing game is still anemic. HOW MUCH LONGER WILL IT TAKE FOR EVERYONE TO REALIZE THAT WANNSTEDT HAS TO GO??!!
Hopefully one more season.........if we miss the playoffs again.

So Wanny made the bad call of promoting a good candidate for OC only to have that OC later develop an illness that prevents him from keeping the OC job?

Ah, so Dave's an idiot for getting a guy that eventually got sick? Then Riley is a big schmuck for getting Alonzo and that kidney problem.

The Bill's trolls are out in full force today.....

Must be a slow day at One Bill's Drive. What no HCs with no experience to hire?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Was there a point to the article? Is the author trying to say that Wanny caused the illness? Is he trying to say that Wanny should have known? Is he saying that Wanny was wrong for bringing in experienced assistants?QUOTE]

Maybe he's tired of WannyBall in general. I'm tired of arguing about Wanny being a lousy coach. Hopefully Wayne will regain control of his faculties and fire Wanny after a third consecutive season of no playoffs.

Ain't been "quick" about it. Been doing it ever since the nE debacle a yr and a half ago after his "3yr trial period" was over.
But a bigger thing is, why wasn't it Trestman that was made oC instead now?? Just another thing that makes ya go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm................ ;)

bigmiamifan said:
So Wanny made the bad call of promoting a good candidate for OC only to have that OC later develop an illness that prevents him from keeping the OC job?

Ah, so Dave's an idiot for getting a guy that eventually got sick? Then Riley is a big schmuck for getting Alonzo and that kidney problem.

No, Wanny isn't responsible for Collier's illness, but here's an idea...replace him with someone who's coached an offense before!

I never have liked Wanny, but I am REALLY starting to get a serious dislike for media 'writers' (I use that term loosely). It is becoming MORE and MORE apparent that the media as a whole does not give one little care about anyone(Collier's health in this case) all they care about is stirring up controversy.

Pope Shula XIV said:
No, Wanny isn't responsible for Collier's illness, but here's an idea...replace him with someone who's coached an offense before!

That is a GREAT idea!!!
I wish someone in the FO would have thought of it...

Now... who would you suggest we hire at this point in the offseason? I'm sure there are TONS of big names available right now!!

Back
Top Bottom