This bad call was Wannstedt's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This bad call was Wannstedt's

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
This bad call was Wannstedt's my fav. op. on the whole coaching change mess.
How? Wannstedt hand-picked Collier for the job in January, even talking him out of leaving for a job with Mike Shula at Alabama. He knew Collier's personality -- passionate, emotional, hard on himself. Collier's father, Joe, himself a former NFL coordinator, once remarked about his son, "All I told him was to remember you'll have your ups and downs calling plays. You can't let your emotions get into it. You can't get frustrated. You just have to go on to the next play. If you let your emotions into it, you'll make a mistake."

does not bode well at all for this team to improve on O and if we do not, our D will be worse for the wear and possibly - minus OGun - drop to only slightly above avg. :shakeno:

Wanny seems to be second guessing at the expense of the team.

pigskinguy said:
Can someone again remind me why Wanny is still the coach of this team please?
I forgot.......or did I ever know?

because he can win ten games in regular season and apperently thats all that matters to wayne :roflmao:

Oh, yeah, right. And what about that little thing at the end of the regular season......I think they call it the playoffs, or something like that. How does he do there?

The problem with this feel bad piece is that it discounts Colliers illness and acts as if the Dolphins are the cause of the illness and not the expressed illness is the cause of exhaustion and inability to perform the job.

This piece basically calls Collier a liar and pretends that he has no health problems aside from the inability to handle the stress of the job. :shakeno:

If Collier doesn't want to make his illness public, I can respect that. I can't respect some know it all reporter that kicks someone when they are down.

PhinstiGator said:
The problem with this feel bad piece is that it discounts Colliers illness and acts as if the Dolphins are the cause of the illness and not the expressed illness is the cause of exhaustion and inability to perform the job.

This piece basically calls Collier a liar and pretends that he has no health problems aside from the ability to handle the stress of the job. :shakeno:

If Collier doesn't want to make his illness public, I can respect that. I can't respect some know it all reporter that kicks someone when they are down.
I never once insinuated Collier is a liar. Just that Wanny should not be coach of this team anymore.

Everyone has opinons...

but, unfortunately, some people get paid to put their's in print. This person sounds like those who seek a target for their blame missle instead of looking into the situation at hand with some perspicacity. Collier's resignation was all Wannstedt's fault. And if the doctors found a debilitating medical condition or disease - that would be Wannstedt's fault as well, it would seem, because to this reporter it was just fodder for a column for which he was paid. Good Grief! Add fuel to the inferno and you might just get burned.

Wannstedt may not be a stellar head coach - a statement I doubt anyone will challenge here - but he is not the only problem with the team either. But, he doesn't miss the tackles, drop the catches, fumble the ball, or throw the ball. This.. ahem.. editorial "writer" has as much a chance of being right as the rest of us do - and I think he probably has a much greater chance to be wrong in this situation. Let's wait until the report of the doctor's is released if it ever is, and don't read something into the situation. That is sloppy reporting at best, and biased opining at the least. To bad we don't have reporters who value discretion and journalistic reponsibility as much as freedom of expression. It might do Collier some good if everyone were to get of this kick and let him handle his medical situation.

No, You didn't call him a liar.

But the reporter put a real high speed spin on his information.

Collier said he preferred not to get into details of his condition, but there is more going on here than bad luck.

The insinuation behind this remark is incredibly presumptive - if not inflammatory. When did this reporter get the doctor's report? Does he care one whit about Joel Collier, or is he more interested in slamming Wannstedt? The latter point appears outrageously obvious. Wannstedt may have a lot of faults, but blaming him for a man's medical condition is absurdity exponentially notated.

pigskinguy said:
I never once insinuated Collier is a liar. Just that Wanny should not be coach of this team anymore.

Well...that's not going to happen so we must live and discuss things in light of that reality.

The article bashes Wannstedt for hiring the wrong guy. He calls it a bad call.

I disagree. Collier appears to have the respect of the players and aside from his current illness (whatever it is), he would have worked his butt off to make this offense better.

The fact that he had to step back from the challenge of the OC job must be a painful process for him. Yet, he has the support of the Dolphin coaching staff and the players. The fans should also give him some level of support...especially when dealing with any type of illness that does not allow one to move ahead and fulfill his goals.

We had an OC who breaks down mentally at the training camp, and you're blaiming Wanny for getting rid of him before the season starts? Imagine this happening in december........

As much as it's a mess, i'm glad we got rid of him. He is obviously not ready to be OC.

You guys are so qucik to jump down Dave Wa.'s throat. It's rediculously useless and nothing but arrogant. Dave Wanstedt is by far a great "coach." I agree with 90% of you that Dave Wannstedt is by far one of the worst possible GM"s and has indeed made some terrible calls in his career. But seeing that he is only a "coach" this year and nothing more, let the man be. There is a reason why the Dolphins players respect him so dayum much. I know Dave personally and i find it rediculous that nothing but simple Dolphin fans with maybe a lil experience behind them can rant on so much about a position none of you would ever take or even have he capabilities to handle. Give me a break.

Back
Top Bottom