This Christian Ponder Nonesense Needs to Stop!!!!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Christian Ponder Nonesense Needs to Stop!!!!!!

CK,

Can't speak for anyone else who questioned this draft class, but what I mean is that there are very few consensus elite players there (away from the d-line maybe). Plenty of intriguing and talented players all over the place, but not as much of a hierarchy as I remember the last couple of seasons anyway. Nobody seems to be able to agree on who if any is the best QB prospect, the best TE prospect, the best OT prospect....

There are always differences of opinion, but this draft sees just about everyone debating the merits of everyone.

I am far from a talent evaluator, but I'm going to have a very hard time knowing if any of our picks were good/bad ones this time round, with the exception maybe of Ingram and Constanzo, who just about everyone seems to agree are top quality players at their position. Whether you pick those position in r1 is another debate.

Part of what you're talking about is simply because there are that many talented guys in this Draft.

There is nothing wrong with his shoulder. He tried to make a tackle his junior year ans separated it. The shoulder was not an issue last year. Last year, towards the beginning of the season, he took a helmet off of his throwing elbow causing a nagging injury all season. He had fluid drained off of it on a weekly basis. Jimbo Fisher sat him during the ACC championship because he did not want to jeopardize his future. It was an injury that would, and did heal with time, but how many guys are going to give up their senior season to let it? And again, as I have stated in several posts...he was injured on plays that would have injured any qb. That doesn't make him injury prone, it just means he took a bad hit. I know they are baseball players, but Chipper Jones and Mike Hampton are injury prone. Christian Ponder took two bad hits, that's all.

I think you're understating some of his injuries.

Back in 2009 he did separate his shoulder when making a tackle on DeAndre McDaniel. But, he was already playing that game with cracked ribs, which he shouldn't have been.

He took a nasty elbow bruise that caused him problems during the Oklahoma game, second game of the 2010 season.

But then he developed an elbow fasciatis after a nasty hit taken during the Boston College game. The fasciatis was mistaken for bursitis and mis-treated by the doctors, and so it didn't heal and kept accumulating inflammatory fluid. Fasciatis of the elbow is very rare, whereas plantar fasciatis in the foot is more common. Even James Andrews missed the fasciatis on the first go around. I've seen a lot of people say he shouldn't have played in the NC State or UNC games, and seen more people say he shouldn't have played in the Maryland or Florida games. I believe the fasciatis had been diagnosed properly after the UNC game (which was a very good game for him), when he had to have 500 CCs of fluid drained from his elbow immediately after the game (that's a LOT). He played in the Maryland and Florida games because his backup QB had a hairline wrist fracture that the media were helping keep secret.

Ponder got pretty beat up the last two years. It's valid to question whether he's injury prone.

What I find interesting about him is that he played significantly in 11 games this year, and they won 8 of them. This despite a lot of people saying he played in four games that he shouldn't have played in. They got killed in the Oklahoma game and they were never in that one. But, they really shouldn't have lost the NC State or UNC games. Ponder had some heroics in that UNC game to try and bring them back and steal a victory that T.J. Yates was also busy earning. I believe that came down to another classic FSU missed field goal. The NC State game if I'm not mistaken came down to a collision in the backfield when his RB screwed up and didn't know the play or something along those lines. He played those two games with a mis-diagnosed fasciatis in his elbow. Like I said, he had to have 500 CCs drained from his elbow after the UNC game. You know those 1 liter bottles of soda? That's half of one of those, by the way. And after they discovered the fasciatis and treated it right he still played two more games because he was needed...won them both.

That's pretty tough. Those are the things you like about the guy.

But those are the things a lot of people liked about Chad Henne. So, it's not cut and dry obviously.

injury prone or a medical risk givin prior injury??? to me those are 2 different things...

i don't know that i can quantify an elbow injury as someone being injury prone...is it something that more stress on the elbow will make worse??? or just something that needed a cleanup job and time to heal

sounds like the latter to me

the shoulder separation stuff is what would concern me the most...i don't want the kids shoulder popping out on its own every time he ****s back to throw

i don't know that i can quantify an elbow injury as someone being injury prone...is it something that more stress on the elbow will make worse??? or just something that needed a cleanup job and time to heal

sounds like the latter to me

the shoulder separation stuff is what would concern me the most...i don't want the kids shoulder popping out on its own every time he ****s back to throw

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think his injuries are THAT serious, but serious enough for me to not consider him until round 3. Some teams might have him lower than that, some teams higher . . . whoever has the 2006 Miami Dolphins medical staff, just let them have a look at Ponder and whatever they say do the opposite.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think his injuries are THAT serious, but serious enough for me to not consider him until round 3. Some teams might have him lower than that, some teams higher . . . whoever has the 2006 Miami Dolphins medical staff, just let them have a look at Ponder and whatever they say do the opposite.

if its a clean bill of health right now which seems to be the case i'd take him in the 2nd round...i just don't think he'll get to the 3rd...too many teams need one and qbs always are such a premium

if its a clean bill of health right now which seems to be the case i'd take him in the 2nd round...i just don't think he'll get to the 3rd...too many teams need one and qbs always are such a premium

Yea, I think Jim Harbaugh is going to turn that card in quick as hell if he falls to San Fran in round 2. Seems like a great spot for both parties.

if we get mallett locker or ponder i would be happy with any of those QB's maybe not at 15 but in the later part of round 1 i wouldnt hate it. i also dont think those guys make it past the top 10 picks in round 2 if they somehow make it to us at 15. also gotta watch out for seattle later on who could easily pick one up

Yea, I think Jim Harbaugh is going to turn that card in quick as hell if he falls to San Fran in round 2. Seems like a great spot for both parties.

Unless they grab Gabbert in the 1st that is.

Either would be a good fit for the offense they will be running under Harbaugh and if Gabbert falls, I dont see them passing him up.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not gonna rule out ponder in a trade down to the mid 20's...pennington went in the 20's as i recall and ponder is a much better athlete than him with a similar arm coming out

Back
Top Bottom