Thoughts on K. Drake | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on K. Drake

He's a playmaker and can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball! Gaze is making a huge mistake by not giving him a good 10 touches a game

just do not seem to ever have enough offensive plays to use him and some others...absolutely frustrating it is so hard to get 1st downs

For some reason Williams just thinks he can stop when he gets into the 2nd level. He's leaving yards on tbe field

I'm just not very impressed with our depth at rb. Williams value is pretty much all in the passing game and drake won't run inside and value lies all in the kick return gig to date.

Just curious. Exactly how did Williams start to heat up against the Falcons? He was pretty unimpressive in my opinion.

He almost made that ridiculous first down. Something he used to do last year. Sure handed catcher out of the backfield and an underrated pass blocker. Seemed like he was in rythmn to me...

find a better backup to ajayi option this offseason...Williams has way too much hesitation as a ball carrier in his game...he's not barry sanders
Yea he lacks some vision and thus should run more down hill.

Williams was playing too well that game to be taken out

Drake needs to be allowed to be the 3rd down back, allowing Ajayi to get rest, and putting a much better receiver in the backfield, and also happens to be extremely fast.

Drake needs to be allowed to be the 3rd down back, allowing Ajayi to get rest, and putting a much better receiver in the backfield, and also happens to be extremely fast.
He's not a better receiver than Williams...he's just not. Williams is better than both Ajayi and Drake coming out of the backfield. It's plain as day.

He's not a better receiver than Williams...he's just not. Williams is better than both Ajayi and Drake coming out of the backfield. It's plain as day.

I have no problem with Williams getting the 3rd down back job either.

The reason I said Drake is because he is much faster, and if a defense gets nervous enough and play back to protect the 1st down, his speed could get you a quick 1st down before the defense gets to him.

I have no problem with Williams getting the 3rd down back job either.

The reason I said Drake is because he is much faster, and if a defense gets nervous enough and play back to protect the 1st down, his speed could get you a quick 1st down before the defense gets to him.
If you can't run routes or catch...what good is being fast?

It's like saying lets put Carroo out there in place of Landry cause Carroo is bigger and faster...he's still not better than Landry.

It's like saying lets put Carroo out there in place of Landry cause Carroo is bigger and faster...he's still not better than Landry.

Reminds me of the Caroo drop....I thought it was a well designed play called at the right time, could have possibly been a score. It should have been designed for Landry and not Caroo.

He almost made that ridiculous first down. Something he used to do last year. Sure handed catcher out of the backfield and an underrated pass blocker. Seemed like he was in rythmn to me...

I like Williams but my feelings are that he won't be on the squad much longer unless he starts to do more on a consistent basis. He is a good pass catcher and his pass blocking is very good. As a runner? Very underwhelming. Please take a look at his stats from Sunday's game. I'd hardly use those numbers as proof that he's "heating up"....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20171...00#menu=gameinfo&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

Can’t believe people are hating on Drake. He needs opportunities to make plays and he’s not getting them for some odd reason.

I think he has the best skill of making someone miss, which could be key on 3rd down since Miami likes to throw short of the sticks all the time

Hard to supplant Williams as hes is so good in the passing game. Plus Gase loves him, but he will be gone after this year. Drake will get his shot next year to show he has learned the nuaunces of the passing game, blitz pick up, etc. Then we can get a real eval.

Back
Top Bottom