Thoughts on last nights game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on last nights game

Hoops - I really didn't think Reilly was too bad, seemed like he (and Allen) were around the ball a lot

Hoops - I really didn't think Reilly was too bad, seemed like he (and Allen) were around the ball a lot

Needs more of an NFL body. Reilly that is. Strong is heavy poa and take on he doesn't have the NFL ready body to me for it. But maybe down the road he will.

I didn't see anything yesterday that looked like it could man strong in a game if something happened to Timmons.

Fede is such a question mark to me. He seems to show in pre season and camp - happenes every year but when the games roll around- not so much.

I undrestand its different during games than practice but how much longer do we wait on him? I thought going in this was a make or break year for him. Warmsley is still around also after a great pre season but that was about it.

I was surprised last year that Lucas made the active roster as opposed to the PS, someone in the coaching staff must be a big advocate.

Last edited:
Anyone have a sense of whether Eric Smith can play LT, feet wise? Maybe he can be a swing tackle. Big kudos to Slimm on that one. Very good call.

- We still can't get off the field on 3rd and long consistency, it almost seems like the longer the yards needed, the higher the probability that the other team will convert.

I didn't see this blazing first step the people claimed Charles Harris has. He got close to the QB a few times, but it looked more like it was a result of hustle and not speed. Nothing wrong with that, but I was expecting a different kind of player.

- Storm Johnson has a chance to make the team if he doesn't put the ball on the ground (my complaint with him at UCF was too lackadaisical about ball security).

I liked Storm. I watched him at UCF and he looks like he's become more fluid and less of a power guy. I thought Damien Williams didn't have the burst he normally has. He had a few opportunity but didn't hit the hole fast enough. I think we are going to see more Drake on 3rd downs.

- no complaints about Grant last night- made catches and fielded kicks with confidence- one punt that was dying quick I thought he should have let bounce out of bounds but came up and made a diving slidding catch.

Grant had a great jumping catch near the sideline. I thought one of the fair catches was a returnable kick. I'm wondering if he's being too conservative with kicks because he had some issues last year.

Looking forward to seeing players battle for the LG, slot CB, and LB spots next week.

I saw Charles Harris explosive first step it lost a little bit of the luster after that initial step he needs to once he gains the shoulder be able to discard or he will be ridden by the qb. Something to look for in the next few preseason games.

He got dumped off balance on the move by a tight end lack of awareness of what's coming. Can't have des chucked by marginal in line tight ends.

He got dumped off balance on the move by a tight end lack of awareness of what's coming. Can't have des chucked by marginal in line tight ends.

Against the Dolphins O-Line in practice, he looks like a pro-bowler. But he should be able to take advantage of favorable matchups like him vs. a TE.

Jordan Lucas is someone I'm pulling for. He reminds of Rashad Jones.

In the running for the least mentioned player on finheaven I think.....Looking forward to checking him out (among many others of course) when attending a preseason game in a few weeks.

I thought Duarte was going to be intriguing to watch since we basically redshirted him last year, but he didn't look like that good of a prospect to me.

For me the the most exciting player vs the Falcons was Hayes. He was a beast in very limited time. He blew up 2-3 runs In the back field, put pressure on the qb once, and had another nice player negated by Phillips holding penalty.( I have never seen that call before.). Hayes was everything we hoped he would bring to run defense.

Back
Top Bottom