Thursday 1/21 Draft Chat | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday 1/21 Draft Chat

Armando reported that the Dolphins had some interest in CJ Spiller today. I really hope this acts out. I think CJ Spiller is the best offensive player in the draft

Real, the draft appears to be deep in pass catching tight ends. Historically, only about 2 TE per round are selected.

1. Epps or Graham; which would be a better immediate starter? Who blocks better, since both seem to have decent hands, although Epps seems more fluid.

2. What other TEs in later rounds have the same kind of appeal, catching/blocking, that may improve our consistency and attack?

i would love cj if we can some way get ronnie traded for a 2nd(would love a 1st but..), but i think def should be our main concern at least in the first two rounds

Hey Buddy,

I am a big fan of Jimmy Graham. The guys' size immediatly stands out at you. He is a converted basketball player so his athleticism is through the roof. I have seen Graham selected in Round 3-6 but ultimatly I think this guy goes in Round 4. He is a much better blocker than given credit for which was evident in their bowl game against Wisconsin. Decent pass receiver as well

Dedrick Epps is more of vertical threat than Graham. Epps will be around in Round 6 . You have to like both Graha (6"8, 260 lbs) and Epps (6"4, 255 lbs) size. I like Graham because of his ability in the red-zone. He accounted for 5 TD's in the red-zone this season

Real, im with you on Jimmy, great size, athletic, and being a UM fan i would love to see him in a fins uni, i also think he can be had in the 4th

My current Rankins of Tight End's are as follows.....

1-Jermaine Gresham-Oklahoma
2-Aaron Hernandez-Florida
3-Rob Gronkowski-Arizona
4-Anthony McCoy-USC
5-Jimmy Graham-Miami
6-Ed Dickson-Oregon
7-Tony Moeki-Iowa
8-Colin Peek-Alabama
9-Dennis Pitta-BYU
10-Garrett Graham-Wisconsin

In the later rounds I like Andrew Quarless of Penn State, Nate Byham of Pitts, and Dedrick Epps of the U

I'm working on my newest Mock and it's yet to be finalized as I will do some tweaking but the first 4 rounds I have the Fins getting...

1-Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama
2-Brandon Graham-OLB-Michigan
3-Rob Gronkowski-TE-Arizona
4-Mike Williams-WR-Syracuse

wow Dennis Pitta at 9, i thought he was much better than that, just lookin at his numbers i thought hed be in the top 5 at least

Back
Top Bottom