Thursday 1/21 Draft Chat | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday 1/21 Draft Chat

Thanks Real and guys for the info, I can do 2 weeks from today, business trip to Portland next week.

But if Washington is too small for 3-4, isn't Sean Lee as well?

i think washington is 6 ft 2 and 240 lbs but he's got a really thin mid section for my eyes and i don't see a guy who's gonna take on blockers and get thru trash...

another guy i think who needs clean looks...a 4-3 guy to me

Armando reported that the Dolphins had some interest in CJ Spiller today. I really hope this acts out. I think CJ Spiller is the best offensive player in the draft

I agree. Besides his obvious speed, I love Spiller's field vision which could make him elite. Image him in the wildcat and mismatches against linebackers. There isn't a lb who can cover him now that Brooks is gone.

With the hiring of Nolan, I'm leaning toward E. Thomas even ahead of D. Bryant. I think that they'll both be starts - Bryant being the slightly better prospect - but a dominate ball-hawk will be essential to making our D top-5 for years to come. After Thomas and Bryant, I'm entertain the thought of Spiller, but I feel like we'd be losing too much elsewhere as a result. I don't want McClain at 12 because of the other ILB's that will be there in RD 2 and 3.

I don't want McClain at 12 because of the other ILB's that will be there in RD 2 and 3.

i just got off the phone with my cousin in telling him that if we could another explosive position with pick 12 go for it, this is the deepest lb class in years, we could get some other lb's in round 2 and 3 like you said, if spiller is there at 12 i would take him, not to sure bout earl thomas do not like his size

Just got finished reading the thread. Good stuff Driscoll. Couple thoughts.

1.Yes I do like Odrick, he's a local prospect from close to me, and I got to watch him play 4 years at PSU. The only D-Linemen that was more dominant than him this year was Suh. I'm a bit hesitant to put him high on our draft board cause I think he'd be a DE, but he has similar measurements to Jay Ratliff so he could play NT.

2.I love Sean Lee too. Never got the same recognition former teammates Paul Posluzney or Dan Connor got, but Lee is more athletic (which was the big thing with Connor and Poz). Won't be picked in the first two rounds IMO, but would be a good value in 3 of 4. Smart, and can drop into coverage.

3.Drisoll you put a list of who the pick should be. I like all those names, but you have to admit, more names will emerge as we get closer. Mobile, Combine, Pro Days, and workouts. Not to mention some lesser talked about underclassmen getting evaluated.

4.You name a lot of good OTs. I'll name another shooting up draft boards; Vladimir Ducasse out of UMASS.

5.No love for Toby Gerhart? I know some view him more as a FB, but his running style and pass catching ability will make him a valuable asset for some team.

6. I highly doubt we touch Mike Williams.

i just got off the phone with my cousin in telling him that if we could another explosive position with pick 12 go for it, this is the deepest lb class in years, we could get some other lb's in round 2 and 3 like you said, if spiller is there at 12 i would take him, not to sure bout earl thomas do not like his size

He's pretty similar in size to Ed Reed.

Back
Top Bottom