Timmons AWOL?? | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timmons AWOL??

I am wondering if he asked if he could be out after a certain time and coach said no....and he got pissed off and went anyways.

I am wondering if he asked if he could be out after a certain time and coach said no....and he got pissed off and went anyways.
I believe the report said he was angry about something unrelated to the team.

the suspense is killin me, i just wanna know what the **** this guy was so mad about that he missed an nfl game because of it...what couldve pissed a guy who has played 100 straight games off so much it caused him to miss a game? i need to know...

the suspense is killin me, i just wanna know what the **** this guy was so mad about that he missed an nfl game because of it...what couldve pissed a guy who has played 100 straight games off so much it caused him to miss a game? i need to know...

Did you see our defense today? I wouldn't want to play in that pile o' bile either after many years of being in a dominating 3-4 in Pitt. Maybe, probably not, but just maybe.

And then there was that embarrassing issue with linebacker Lawrence Timmons leaving the team Saturday.

Timmons, apparently dealing with a personal situation that made him so unhappy he headed to the airport on his own to go home, put the good of the team at risk on Sunday. At a time when the Dolphins are talking about being unified and a family and a brotherhood, Timmons simply became a solo act.

And so his Dolphins career is at risk now.

“I’m still kind of, I’ll be ready to talk about that, probably tomorrow,” Gase said. “I’m not saying anything right now. I need to figure some things out first before I talk about this.”

Part of figuring out if Timmons is going to salvage his career with the team or not involves Gase speaking with Timmons. That had not happened as of Sunday evening when this game ended.

So Timmons needs to have a compelling and logical explanation for Gase to make going AWOL an excusable offense. That’s a tough ask.

But if Timmons doesn’t convince Gase what he did somehow made sense, he might not be around this team for next week’s game or future games, or perhaps ever again.

That’s how serious this is.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article173884451.html

Don't do it Adam gase

That nickel lb situation is a serious target if you do.

Give him a mulligan. The situation is dire

I really hate to "go there" but there is no doubt race played a factor.....I really doubt he would have gotten the shot he did if that wasn't a factor (and it should not be a factor in hiring TODAY.....yes, there was a need for it years ago but IMO the Rooney rule should be abolished - it now serves as a sticking point for mediocre candidates to outweigh or be pushed over better candidates)....the good thing is that performance is what counts and if he can't cut it he'll be out.......unfortunately setting a team back a few years in the process.

Elway loved Vance from his interview the year before, and reportedly almost hired him then. The Rooney rule probably got him the token interview, but the interview went so well it got him the job, albeit delayed by a year. If it weren't for the Rooney rule I doubt he's a head coach today.

My opinion unless Timmons did something very wrong you keep him and move on. His track record shows this is an anomaly, as long as it's proven it's something that won't linger.

You can't hide mike hull in the nickel. There's not a nickel athlete lb in that building period short of Kiko if you cut Timmons.

No damn way am I playing like that vs OCs who exploit weakness

Timmons is going to have the unenviable task of showing his face in the locker room when (or if) he returns. Hope the dude is alright, must be in a bad way over something to just skip out on game day.

Hey one good thing coming from this is that Chase Allen didn't look lost out there. Made some good stops on Gordon so that's a plus. Can't believe we only allowed like 50yds rushing.

Back
Top Bottom