Timmons AWOL?? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timmons AWOL??

I really hate to "go there" but there is no doubt race played a factor.....I really doubt he would have gotten the shot he did if that wasn't a factor (and it should not be a factor in hiring TODAY.....yes, there was a need for it years ago but IMO the Rooney rule should be abolished - it now serves as a sticking point for mediocre candidates to outweigh or be pushed over better candidates)....the good thing is that performance is what counts and if he can't cut it he'll be out.......unfortunately setting a team back a few years in the process.

I don't believe that you "really hate to go there" when you take the first opportunity to "go there" in a thread that isn't even related to Vance Joseph.

The Rooney Rule is to get minority candidates interviewed, it does not mandate that they are hired.

I thought it was pretty crazy for Joseph to get a head coaching gig after the way our defense looked last year, but you thinking that Joseph was only hired because of the color of his skin says far more about you than it does about NFL interviewing practices.

Last edited:
That's what I thought, as well. It would be odd, but it's the only thing that fits the pattern
What happened with Ajayi last year is a pattern?

Arian Foster won the starting running back position, and Ajayi didn't take the news well.

Lawrence Timmons has virtually no competition to start at LB, and he and Kiko are the only starting caliber LBs on the team.

There is nothing similar between this situation and what happened last year.

I never mentioned Ajay, I don't know where you got that from. I'm talking about a guy that gets angry and leaves the team. The only thing that seems to make sense to me is they told him he wouldn't start. And if that is indeed the case it's a pretty serious situation, because remember, this guy's salary next year is guaranteed. It limits the team's options.

I'm worried this is drug or violence related and he will be suspended anyway

Kendricks isn't going anywhere folks. I've seen that suggestion way too many times. Kendricks is a main cog in a very very good Vikings defense. Their not letting him go anywhere.

I never mentioned Ajay, I don't know where you got that from. I'm talking about a guy that gets angry and leaves the team. The only thing that seems to make sense to me is they told him he wouldn't start. And if that is indeed the case it's a pretty serious situation, because remember, this guy's salary next year is guaranteed. It limits the team's options.

I got that from last season. When the situation you described happened.

If anyone told Timmons he wasn't going to start, it was for issues unrelated to play on the field. By all accounts Timmons has played well since he got here, and there is nobody on this team that could challenge his starter status.

Sooo....

Was it a demotion?
Was it drugs?
Was it a woman?
Did he break a team rule?
Did he tell Gase his heart is only in Pittsburgh, and he couldn't fathom playing in a real game for the Phins?
Was he caught flirting with Tannehills wife?

What gives? Will we ever get to know?

(pure speculation)

Back
Top Bottom