Timmons AWOL?? | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timmons AWOL??

I'm just glad this wasnt a last second omen of our coming disastrous year. I was worried a locker room scandal was starting and it was about to show on the field. Now I feel better. This situation is just Philbin-esque. Or rather 2000dolphin-esque.

Don't do it Adam gase

That nickel lb situation is a serious target if you do.

Give him a mulligan. The situation is dire

I totally agree that we need Timmons' skill set on this team, and we really don't have anyone that can fill his role in any respectable way.

However, it needs to be a pretty darn good reason why he left, and I mean it needs to be something SPECIAL. The players may like Timmons, but if Gase gives him a pass on quitting on the team it will be nearly impossible to retain the respect of any of the players.

I totally agree that we need Timmons' skill set on this team, and we really don't have anyone that can fill his role in any respectable way.

However, it needs to be a pretty darn good reason why he left, and I mean it needs to be something SPECIAL. The players may like Timmons, but if Gase gives him a pass on quitting on the team it will be nearly impossible to retain the respect of any of the players.

I'm not playing 16 with mike hull or any of those other in house nickel options unless you want to start losing games cause of your lb play. It won't happen next week but it will catch up with us soon. Cause it's the biggest hole on tape on the team.

Timmons is going to have the unenviable task of showing his face in the locker room when (or if) he returns. Hope the dude is alright, must be in a bad way over something to just skip out on game day.
I was thinking this too. Especially with our newly found brotherhood on this team

Had we lost he's probably gone, or suspended by the team at least. But because we one maybe the team is in more of a forgiving mood.

I'm not playing 16 with mike hull or any of those other in house nickel options unless you want to start losing games cause of your lb play. It won't happen next week but it will catch up with us soon. Cause it's the biggest hole on tape on the team.

I completely agree on your points about us needing him, but you cannot abide someone who quits on the team with no consequences. It's better to lose Timmons than lose the entire team.

Again, if he had some SERIOUS personal stuff to deal with, then Gase can work with him, but it has to be something BIG.

You absolutely are if his reasoning is not legit. You cant just give a player a free pass for going AWOL on the team, period, unless there is a serious issue going on with the player. Unless the reasoning is serious, you probably have to release/trade him.

It was out of the blue,” Byron Maxwell said. “It’s just one of those things. You worry about him, but at the end of the day, you’ve got a job to do. I’ve got an obligation to this team I’ve gotta fulfill, so I can’t be worried about who’s not here.

“I’m happy if he’s alive, basically. The worst was going through my mind. I think he’s OK. I don’t know what happened.”

Defensive end Andre Branch added, “I don’t know all the info, so I can’t speak on it. I hoped everything was good, at the end of the day. I hoped he was good and his heath and everything was fine.”

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...rence-timmons-absence/gDpFSUmcJ7a5BgHl6ApGpO/

Sounds like this is going to get crazy.
He was the piece I was excited to see added in (besides Mcdonald) just for the physical presence he brings... looks like he had a big life event and might need time to heal himself.

Everyone needs to calm down. Give the player the benefit of the doubt. This team has been basically uprooted for 2 weeks, in another time zone. Miami needs him. He is an 11 year pro and I'm sure cooler heads will prevail.

He probably was on the phone with Comcast like me, finding out when service was coming back. that would make anyone insane

Send Timmons a message. Suspend him without pay for Sunday's jets game. That way the players get the message and we can still keep our plan a nickel lb.

Please don't cut him.

We can beat the jets status quo.

But I need Timmons for the saints game and going forward and hopefully mauluga can get some base and short yardage/goalline run by then.

Back
Top Bottom