Tom Brady To Announce His Retirement | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady To Announce His Retirement

as a dolphins fan i dont like him, but as a NFL fan i think its incredible that at his age he still plays top notch. NFL players play like 6 months out of the year, so he still has the other 6 months with his family. If I was Tom I would keep playing and set a record until he literally cant do it anymore. Even at the age of 50 he still has 30 more years of life about.

I used to hate the guy. I don’t anymore, much respect to the GOAT, an example of a player who expected excellence, practiced what he preached and took less $ in this day and age of greed to build teams that could compete for championships.

as a dolphins fan i dont like him, but as a NFL fan i think its incredible that at his age he still plays top notch. NFL players play like 6 months out of the year, so he still has the other 6 months with his family. If I was Tom I would keep playing and set a record until he literally cant do it anymore. Even at the age of 50 he still has 30 more years of life about.
I hope not, we are sick of hearing of Brady this, Brady that!

Cant even hate on the guy. He’s had one hell of a career and clearly one of the best if not thee best Qb that’s ever played the game. I think the TB 1st year SB victory added a serious notch to his already impressive career.

He's bailing, going out nearly on top.

He can see the writing on the wall and neither wants to detract from his legacy nor tarnish his brand.

Sadly, we’ll still have to hear about him constantly. The media will never stop. If he actually retires, they’ll immediately start speculating about him coming back.

We will never witness another QB win 7 super bowls in our lifetime. We have witnessed sports history and I'm not mad about that. I used to not like Brady but man somehow the guy with little athletic ability and an arm that didn't wow you became the best ever. He has earned his place in the Mount Rushmore of sports icons along with Jordan, Ruth, Gretzky.

Last edited:
As a Fins fan, of course I hated Brady, just like Jim Kelly, etc... I respect two things about him:
1. His performance at his age. However he does it, great for him
2. His willingness to take less money to help the team. So few athletes do that. If he was demanding to be paid like the best QB in the NFL, they never win the championships that they do
Now, I detest Brady worse than our other rivals because there are so many questionable things about his wins. The team was punished by the NFL for cheating, his coach was punished by the NFL for cheating, he was punished by the NFL for cheating. There have been many allegations of cheating that have never been proven, and allegations that affect in game play, not like tampering (Shula). He has had almost every call in every close game go his team's way. There have been entire rules changed or adjusted because of Brady and his teams. In his first three Super Bowl wins, he was not elite. His defense won those games. In every Super Bowl run, his team almost and in some cases should have lost, had certain "things" not went his way (calls, turnovers, dumb play calling, etc...) He cries to the refs all the time, refuses to shake hands with opposing players when he loses at times. I don't care if he had played for the Vikings or Saints his entire career, he just turns me off and I'll be happy to see him retire.

This is the problem with the media today. They are always reporting stories which actually never come true in hopes that they get one right every once in a while.

Before the internet and before 24/7 news, when something was reported, it was based on fact and not because someone was trying to be the first to break a story, even if the story is a complete lie.

It has gotten to the point I no longer believe any media reports. Until Brady comes out and states he is either coming back next season or retiring, I just consider this report another made up lie by the media.
IMO, there is a huge difference between someone who reports the news and someone who deals in opinions and speculation. And, unless there is an official announcement from a team, any "news" from an "unnamed source" is just speculation. In an ideal world, I believe that anyone who calls themself a reporter needs to stick to the facts and should be punished for reporting anything that isn't true. If you want to print opinions and rumors, then call yourself a "speculator" so that no one will confuse you with a real reporter. Unfortunately, these people can make up any story they want just to get clicks and publicity, and they're never held responsible for their lies. I'd fire every one of them!

Not sour grapes and it is what it has become however In all of the love & respect fest for TB12 lets remember that he got mafia style protection from the hired NFL muscle (zebras) all those years and also got just as many lop sided calls to help him pull out W's over the years (remember the fumble they made a new rule over to cover it up? IE: Tuck rule ) Pass interference in SB LII? The time the Jets TD was wrongly changed to a touch back?...There is an entire youtube video on it detailing the 10 most egregious.

I saw Joe Burrow get hit more times last weekend than I had seen TB12 hit in a career. He has had special protection probably due to Kraftys NFL influence.

Hey the guy is good but Marino was 2x the QB he will ever be and if gave the same protection and calls as TB he could have won 2x as many.

Back
Top Bottom