25. Hau’oli Kikaha DE Washington

Just missed the cut:

A.J. Cann OG South Carolina
Rashad Greene WR Florida State
Cedric Ogbuehi LT Texas A&M
Duke Williams WR Auburn
Trae Waynes CB Michigan State

Last edited by a moderator:
Im definitely looking to upgrade Hartline at the #2 WR and there are a lot of really good options to do that in Rds 1 and 2 this year.

Im definitely looking to upgrade Hartline at the #2 WR and there are a lot of really good options to do that in Rds 1 and 2 this year.

I think Hartline will be a cap casualty.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

I have grades on ~55 prospects thus far. So just because someone is in the top 25, I wouldn't shoe them in the first round just yet.

I feel that Amari Cooper is the best wide receiver in this class, but he should be gone long before Miami picks. I really like Ty Montgomery and Davante Parker and feel they would be excellent fits for the Dolphins scheme. I love that Montgomery will fight for yards and he's an excellent return guy. Parker wins the contested battles with the ball in the air. Both are bigger receivers, which Miami needs. I think Montgomery sneaks into R1. The foot injury to Parker could push him to late 2nd or maybe even the third round.

UPDATED Top 25

1. Leonard Williams DL USC
2. Todd Gurley RB Georgia
3. Andrus Peat LT Stanford
4. Jameis Winston QB Florida State
5. Kevin White WR West Virginia
6. Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin
7. Amari Cooper WR Alabama
8. Shane Ray DE Missouri
9. Brandon Scherff OG Iowa
10. Landon Collins SS Alabama
11. Vic Beasley DE Clemson
12. Randy Gregory DE Nebraska
13. Shaq Thompson LB Washington
14. Marcus Peters CB Washington
15. La’el Collins OG LSU
16. Sammie Coates WR Auburn
17. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB/FS Oregon
18. Danny Shelton NT Washington
19. Ameer Abdullah RB Nebraska
20. Shawn Oakman DE Baylor
21. P.J. Williams CB Florida State
22. Marcus Mariota QB Oregon
23. Devante Parker WR Louisville
24. Josue Matias OG Florida State
25. Hau’oli Kikaha DE Washington

The more I see of P.J. Williams the more I love him as a prospect. With Grimes and Finnegan both smaller corners and on the wrong side of 30, Williams would make a lot of sense for the Dolphins. I love his read and react ability in the passing game and the running game. Also seems to be a very good tackler. Lots of ways Miami could go in the first, but I think corner is a good early bet for the team.

I feel that Amari Cooper is the best wide receiver in this class, but he should be gone long before Miami picks. I really like Ty Montgomery and Davante Parker and feel they would be excellent fits for the Dolphins scheme. I love that Montgomery will fight for yards and he's an excellent return guy. Parker wins the contested battles with the ball in the air. Both are bigger receivers, which Miami needs. I think Montgomery sneaks into R1. The foot injury to Parker could push him to late 2nd or maybe even the third round.

Not a fan of Montgomery at all. Like Parker.

Well, Jameis Winston is a fully loaded baked potato off the field and we're still unsure how his game translates to the NFL. His off the field stuff is enough for me to walk away.

Todd Gurley is a running back. Kid was running away with the Heisman but there's no way I'm taking a running back in the first round. It's just not worth it. I'd be looking in the fourth round at a RB.

Well, Jameis Winston is a fully loaded baked potato off the field and we're still unsure how his game translates to the NFL. His off the field stuff is enough for me to walk away.

Todd Gurley is a running back. Kid was running away with the Heisman but there's no way I'm taking a running back in the first round. It's just not worth it. I'd be looking in the fourth round at a RB.

Jameis Winston's game doesn't translate to the NFL??????????????? Then what QB's game does??????

And you wouldn't take a running back until the 4th round? Well this is one of the best RB classes ever. Gurley will be better than Adrian Peterson. I'd take him over everyone but Leonard Williams. And Melvin Gordon is amazing as well. Ameer Abdullah will be better than Gio Bernard. Then there's still Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Mike Davis, and Karlos Williams. That's 8 starting caliber running backs. Just because some teams find late round RB's doesn't mean you pass on a generational talent like Todd Gurley. Melvin Gordon is going to be a great pro too. Without a doubt one of the 10 best running backs in the league.

I am not nearly as high on Wisnton. Forget the off the field stuff, he doesn't have the mental makeup and I think he really struggles under pressure. Some of those picks, and should be picks against Louisvile were atrocious.

I would never want Winston holding the keys to my franchise.

Papa John's stadium is one of the toughest places to play in the entire country. Especially on a short week Thursday night for the road team.

The reality is that Louisville is one of the best 2 defenses in the entire country. They're 8th in scoring defense, 3rd in rushing defense, 32nd in passing defense (due to Winston), 7th in total defense, 4th in 1st downs allowed, 2nd in passes defended, 5th in 3rd down conversions allowed, and 6th in red zone conversions allowed.

They have the country's leading interceptor in the secondary, and pass rushers with blazing speed coming off the edges. They've got about 8 kids on that defense that will play in the NFL soon.

Interceptions are typically just as overrated as drops by receivers... none of it really translates. Everybody focused on M. Ryan's 19 INT's coming out of college instead of his 31 TD's to nobody. The list of QB's who threw 40+ TD's and only 3-5 INT's in college that went on to have nothing more than a cup of coffee in the NFL is a long one.

It's how a quarterback RESPONDS to throwing interceptions and turnovers that evaluators look at. Winston's offensive line hasn't been able to protect him all year. They have no idea how to recognize stunts and twists, and regularly fail to pick up blitzers. The quarterback (Winston) is always responsible for the free rusher when the defense is bringing more blitzers than they can block up front. That's why it's suicide to blitz Jameis Winston. He's proven that over and over again. See Notre Dame and Louisville. You can either die a slow death or a fast one. It's your choice.... but you're going to die when you face Winston. You can't keep him down for 4 quarters.

Truth is, Winston showed remarkable toughness, competitiveness, and leadership on the field once again to bring FSU another win. Battling through injury and would not allow his team to lose. He does it every week. They'd be a 4 loss team right now without him. They'd have succumbed to Auburn last year in the title game without him. Instead, they've yet to lose with him since he's stepped on campus. He just continues to demonstrate what a great quarterback looks like. Yet people still blind themselves to it despite how it slaps them in the face every time FSU takes the field.

It's easy to understand the concern for his immaturity and transgressions off the field. However, anyone that doesn't subscribe to this quarterback's on field talent and execution translating to the NFL is simply not seeing things clearly. Bias has taken the place of a clear understanding as to what a top notch signal caller is supposed to look like.

If what he demonstrates on the field doesn't translate to the next level, then the rest of 'em might as well stop now. You can break it down statistically, situationally, physically, wins... any category you choose. But the bottom line is Jameis Winston passes all these evaluations with flying colors. Leaps and bounds ahead of most that have ever played the position before in terms of how clutch he is. He's only 20 years old.

Papa John's stadium is one of the toughest places to play in the entire country. Especially on a short week Thursday night for the road team.

The reality is that Louisville is one of the best 2 defenses in the entire country. They're 8th in scoring defense, 3rd in rushing defense, 32nd in passing defense (due to Winston), 7th in total defense, 4th in 1st downs allowed, 2nd in passes defended, 5th in 3rd down conversions allowed, and 6th in red zone conversions allowed.

They have the country's leading interceptor in the secondary, and pass rushers with blazing speed coming off the edges. They've got about 8 kids on that defense that will play in the NFL soon.

Interceptions are typically just as overrated as drops by receivers... none of it really translates. Everybody focused on M. Ryan's 19 INT's coming out of college instead of his 31 TD's to nobody. The list of QB's who threw 40+ TD's and only 3-5 INT's in college that went on to have nothing more than a cup of coffee in the NFL is a long one.

It's how a quarterback RESPONDS to throwing interceptions and turnovers that evaluators look at. Winston's offensive line hasn't been able to protect him all year. They have no idea how to recognize stunts and twists, and regularly fail to pick up blitzers. The quarterback (Winston) is always responsible for the free rusher when the defense is bringing more blitzers than they can block up front. That's why it's suicide to blitz Jameis Winston. He's proven that over and over again. See Notre Dame and Louisville. You can either die a slow death or a fast one. It's your choice.... but you're going to die when you face Winston. You can't keep him down for 4 quarters.

Truth is, Winston showed remarkable toughness, competitiveness, and leadership on the field once again to bring FSU another win. Battling through injury and would not allow his team to lose. He does it every week. They'd be a 4 loss team right now without him. They'd have succumbed to Auburn last year in the title game without him. Instead, they've yet to lose with him since he's stepped on campus. He just continues to demonstrate what a great quarterback looks like. Yet people still blind themselves to it despite how it slaps them in the face every time FSU takes the field.

It's easy to understand the concern for his immaturity and transgressions off the field. However, anyone that doesn't subscribe to this quarterback's on field talent and execution translating to the NFL is simply not seeing things clearly. Bias has taken the place of a clear understanding as to what a top notch signal caller is supposed to look like.

If what he demonstrates on the field doesn't translate to the next level, then the rest of 'em might as well stop now. You can break it down statistically, situationally, physically, wins... any category you choose. But the bottom line is Jameis Winston passes all these evaluations with flying colors. Leaps and bounds ahead of most that have ever played the position before in terms of how clutch he is. He's only 20 years old.

+1

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

As far as that last updated list, I have Jake Fisher #17. Gonna be a really good RT for somebody.

Yeah I was impressed with Winston last Thursday night, especially his resolve. He's tough and everytime we brought a 5th man, he made us pay. But I think it's worth mentioning that if FSU's defense hadn't stepped up in the second half, he would have had his 1st loss at FSU. To me that was the story of how the game turned. FSU's defense kept our offense off the field (only 1 third down conversion) in the second half that in turn gased our defense, especially in the fourth. The fortunate fumble recovery for the TD at the end of the first half helped too. He was atrocious in the first half and battled back in the second half but I don't think his play was as stellar enough in the second to make me forget about his play in the first. He still made a handful of bone-head throws in the second frame that should have been picked off (1 dropped by Holliman with FSU WR defending and the crazy Matrix like disappearing/reappearing football on the TD catch/run).

He's only 20 years old and to me for 60% of the game he played like it, but man that other 40% was straight cash money.

Back
Top Bottom