Top 20 Big Board 2.0 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 20 Big Board 2.0

I don't think I'd agree that Landon Collins is better than Mark Barron or Clinton-Dix. He certainly hasn't been better than they were for Alabama.

He's a good prospect, but he doesn't have the range on the back end, or diagnose plays as quickly as Clinton-Dix. Not the physical enforcer or have the instincts for coming up with the big turnover in big games that Mark Barron had. To be fair, he's being asked to be more versatile than either one of these others were because of the revolving door and lack of talent at the other safety position that Barron and Clinton-Dix didn't have to deal with. Not to mention the difference in the quality of CB's versus this Bama defense and the one's in years past.

He's being asked to do more, but I think he's being asked to do too much. He's good, but he's not that good.

Definitely not the best safety to come out since Eric Berry or Earl Thomas. He's not in their class. Both of those guys had the speed, hips, flexibility, quickness, and ball skills to line up in the slot or at the CB position and cover WR's man-to-man. In addition to range in zone and being exceptional tacklers. Collins doesn't, which was exposed time and time again this past Saturday against Ole Miss. It's actually been exposed before but didn't result in anything but an incompletion because the QB missed the throw or the receiver dropped it.

Landon Collins is a fine safety and should do well in the pros in certain coverages. However, in terms of safeties that have played here for Alabama under Saban, he'd probably be in the mix for 3rd/4th on my list of kids I'd take. I'd take Rashad Johnson and Barron over him for Alabama. He'd be in a close tie with Clinton-Dix and Vinny Sunseri.

Top 10-12 in the draft is a little excessive for me. There's other safeties I'd rather have a little later if that's the case.

collins was exposed in coverage the other day...repeatedly...more than anything looked like his diag was the issue vs certain sets...i don't see great range either...

Landon Collins will be a great safety if a team will allow him to play in the box as a strong safety. He's not suited to play middle of the field unless your playing man free and move your free safety to cover man-to-man in the slot. He has more than enough range to play on the hash in cover 2 or quarters. Worst case scenario he's 2012 Reshad Jones.

I never thought Barron was anything special, just a pretty good player on a great team so his deficiencies were masked some.

Ha Ha is just a slightly more athletic Harrison Smith IMO. He's an above average starter but because there aren't any good FS in the league besides Earl, Byrd, McCourty and Weddle. I viewed him as a 2nd round pick.

Take the Ole Miss game with a grain of salt. Collins was playing on a bad ankle.

Hundley is awful under pressure. I want to like the kid because of his arm strength and his athletic ability, but geez….he is not going to make it in the NFL when all is said and done.

I will say it again…RT has to develop. That is the best option of them all.

For comparison, I gave Tannehill a 6.4 grade.

Winston= 7.5
Mariota= 7.0
Hundley= 6.5
Cook= 6.3

The scale goes from 1.0-8.0 but I've given 3 9.0 grades since I've been doing this. Calvin Johnson, Andrew Luck, and Luke Kuechly were my 9.0's.

The only question I have is with Winston's sexual assault allegation. I don't trust the university or local police to complete an unbiased investigation and wonder if it was a non football playing student would the investigation been handled differently. NFL teams will do a thorough investigation and have a clear picture of what they are dealing with.

For comparison, I gave Tannehill a 6.4 grade.

Winston= 7.5
Mariota= 7.0
Hundley= 6.5
Cook= 6.3

The scale goes from 1.0-8.0 but I've given 3 9.0 grades since I've been doing this. Calvin Johnson, Andrew Luck, and Luke Kuechly were my 9.0's.

I do not trust Mariota or Hundley in the pros.

This QB draft class is going to get better as the year goes. I prefer that RT develops and we go from there. However, Winston, Mariota and Hundley will be starters at the next level.

Hundley has the "it" factor IMO. Winston is immature, but is a leader on the field and has the confidence to make plays. Mariota a system needs to be placed around him that fits his skill set.

WTF is an "it factor"? Now you are just making **** up. Hundley is straight garbage.

WTF is an "it factor"? Now you are just making **** up. Hundley is straight garbage.

You might be right. I have soured recently because he cannot handle the pass rush. Kind of obvious.

I like that he is off high character, can make any throw and is athletic. I just do not think he has the mental make up.

I am not a fan of any of these QB's because of their play or their off the field record.

Hundley is awful under pressure. I want to like the kid because of his arm strength and his athletic ability, but geez….he is not going to make it in the NFL when all is said and done.

I will say it again…RT has to develop. That is the best option of them all.

The first 3 words of your post were enough.

You want to like the kid because he is black and the media wishes you to like him so they subtly suggest to you how much you should like him and how great he is.

The first 3 words of your post were enough.

You want to like the kid because he is black and the media wishes you to like him so they subtly suggest to you how much you should like him and how great he is.

I just think teams and fans are desperate to have a QB…lol.

Maybe Mariota or Winston should be in the cards? LOL.

Miami won't be in position to draft him but Jameis is a top 10 quarterback in the National Football League.

Miami won't be in position to draft him but Jameis is a top 10 quarterback in the National Football League.
Im all for letting this season play out as it may. That said, if the Dolphins don't make the playoffs (probably won't) then this team is going to have a new coach, possibly a whole new system, and likely a new GM. Whoever that coach is, you ask him who he wants at QB and you make it happen. If he isn't sold on Winston or Mariota thats fine. If he is and we have to trade up to get them, do it.

Back
Top Bottom