Top 20 Big Board 2.0 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 20 Big Board 2.0

Hundley did not look at his rush at all vs. AZ State, but AZ State' D is awful. Let's watch what UCLA does the rest of the way.

Winston fills Sun Life and gives a buzz to the team unlike anything we have seen in 10 years.

Winston is kind of like Cam Newton in terms of maturity. Match him with a Jim Harbaugh or Hue Jackson and he will be fine and flourish.

The Cam Newton to Winston comparison in terms of off the field is spot on. I don't think it's held Cam back on the field. It won't for Winston. I think he is without a doubt a top QB in the NFL. I could see him being an "elite" starter.

Like I said I haven't seen the AZ State game, but like you said there defense is awful. Looking forward to watching Hundley vs. Oregon, Washington, USC, and Stanford. Those are the big tests. Those will determine for me if he keeps the current 2nd/3rd round grade I have, or if he can earn a 1st round grade.

Alright. I'm marking the spot here for credit or shame later. Petty and Mannion...both NFL starters within 5 years.

Hundley did not look at his rush at all vs. AZ State, but AZ State' D is awful. Let's watch what UCLA does the rest of the way.

Winston fills Sun Life and gives a buzz to the team unlike anything we have seen in 10 years.

Winston is kind of like Cam Newton in terms of maturity. Match him with a Jim Harbaugh or Hue Jackson and he will be fine and flourish.

Stop that. That's obscene.

Alright. I'm marking the spot here for credit or shame later. Petty and Mannion...both NFL starters within 5 years.

Don't do that to yourself. There's a way better chance they are out of the league in 5 years

The best alternative is the guy we have in house develops this year.

Todd Gurley will be the top running back in pro football within 2 years

He's so much fun to watch. I really like Melvin Gordon too though. I'm really interested to see where these 2 guys end up being drafted. The position they play suggests a slide down the board but man that talent is undeniable.

He's so much fun to watch. I really like Melvin Gordon too though. I'm really interested to see where these 2 guys end up being drafted. The position they play suggests a slide down the board but man that talent is undeniable.

I have Gurley #2 and Gordon #7. That won't change much between now and April. They are both top 10 talents. If either fall out of the first it's a joke.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Keep your eye out for Gunner Kiel the QB from Cincy. At the time this ranking had came out he had 2 career starts, but I see a potential franchise quarterback. He's played extremely well. I don't want to be premature and give him a grade before I have a good feel for him. But he very well could be on this next list, and very high on it too.

The Cam Newton to Winston comparison in terms of off the field is spot on. I don't think it's held Cam back on the field. It won't for Winston. I think he is without a doubt a top QB in the NFL. I could see him being an "elite" starter.

Winston is a combination of Jamarcus Russell, Byron Leftwich, & Cam Newton. His long slow outfielder's throwing motion needs completely overhauled. That release is too slow & will eat him up like it did Leftwich much of his career. He lacks common sense off the field. The numbers in Jameis last five games versus relevant opponents are pretty pedestrian (61.74% 13 TDs 7 Ints). The first impression Jameis made last year against Pitt is still stuck in everyone's mind & it's causing him to be being overrated. Plus Jimbo Fisher has the notorious history of producing NFL QBs (Jamarcus Russell, Christian Ponder, E.J. Manuel) all of them are first round busts. We aren't talking Andrew Luck here or even Blake Bortles, this kid is flawed mechanically & mentally. I lump him down there with Connor Cook & Brett Hundley as borderline first rounders but if my job is at stake & I'm looking for an immediate starter I'm taking one of these guys ahead of him.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

The best alternative is the guy we have in house develops this year.

No doubt. He just needs to be more consistent & Mike Wallace needs to catch the damn ball.

Neither Jamarcus, Ponder, EJ, or Bortles have the instincts and natural feel for the position like Jameis does.

Winston's chances of busting on the football field are very little. His work habits, preparation, and football IQ are too superb. Therefore there is no comparison to Jamarcus Russell. Christian Ponder and E.J. Manuel were reaches and I said that from the beginning. I didn't like either one of 'em. You can't compare guys that have played under Jimbo that don't have a fraction of his talent to Jameis Winston. Jeff Tedford had a lineage of QB busts a lot longer than Jimbo's before Aaron Rodgers.

Furthermore, you don't overhaul any quarterback's delivery. If it needs overhauled then he's not a quarterback. All you do is shorten it up and make it quicker, which is the case with a lot of quarterbacks.

In terms of NFL readiness, Winston is considerably ahead of Mariota. Florida St. ran more of Jimbo's playbook with a RS Freshman Winston than Ponder or E.J. Manuel ever did at any point in their careers.

Bottom line is this kid has yet to lose a football game. He's shown the poise and playmaking ability to lead them back from deficits time and time again. Including being down 21-3 against Auburn in the national championship game. He did it again this past Saturday on the road against N.C. State and an opposing quarterback that was playing out of his mind.

There's a lot more projection involved with a kid like Mariota at the next level than there is with Jameis Winston. There's aspects of the pro game that Mariota will never be exposed to until he gets there. Conversely, you can clearly see situations regarding how Winston will function as a professional quarterback. He knows where to go with the football in do-or-die 3rd and long situations, and he converts them at a higher rate than any other QB in football.

In my estimation, the most overrated aspect of Jameis Winston is the off field propaganda by the media everytime he acts like a college kid. The rape allegations are completely unfounded and false. By the way, Peyton Manning was also sued for sexual assault his Junior year at Tennessee. Mark Sanchez, Zach Mettenberger, etc., etc.... have all been faced with sexual misconduct allegations in college. I'm just telling you...

I understand anyone being concerned with his behavior, but you have to keep it in it's proper context. Winston is fabulously talented, intelligent, and possesses leadership skills beyond what most can ever acheive. He just has to learn how to win off the field, and someone needs to mentor him on how to act socially on the sense that he does have. He has an impulsive personality that benefits him on the field, but hurts him off of it. He's barely out of his teenage years. He'll get it straightened out

Winston's chances of busting on the football field are very little. His work habits, preparation, and football IQ are too superb. Therefore there is no comparison to Jamarcus Russell. Christian Ponder and E.J. Manuel were reaches and I said that from the beginning. I didn't like either one of 'em. You can't compare guys that have played under Jimbo that don't have a fraction of his talent to Jameis Winston. Jeff Tedford had a lineage of QB busts a lot longer than Jimbo's before Aaron Rodgers.

Furthermore, you don't overhaul any quarterback's delivery. If it needs overhauled then he's not a quarterback. All you do is shorten it up and make it quicker, which is the case with a lot of quarterbacks.

In terms of NFL readiness, Winston is considerably ahead of Mariota. Florida St. ran more of Jimbo's playbook with a RS Freshman Winston than Ponder or E.J. Manuel ever did at any point in their careers.

Bottom line is this kid has yet to lose a football game. He's shown the poise and playmaking ability to lead them back from deficits time and time again. Including being down 21-3 against Auburn in the national championship game. He did it again this past Saturday on the road against N.C. State and an opposing quarterback that was playing out of his mind.

There's a lot more projection involved with a kid like Mariota at the next level than there is with Jameis Winston. There's aspects of the pro game that Mariota will never be exposed to until he gets there. Conversely, you can clearly see situations regarding how Winston will function as a professional quarterback. He knows where to go with the football in do-or-die 3rd and long situations, and he converts them at a higher rate than any other QB in football.

In my estimation, the most overrated aspect of Jameis Winston is the off field propaganda by the media everytime he acts like a college kid. The rape allegations are completely unfounded and false. By the way, Peyton Manning was also sued for sexual assault his Junior year at Tennessee. Mark Sanchez, Zach Mettenberger, etc., etc.... have all been faced with sexual misconduct allegations in college. I'm just telling you...

I understand anyone being concerned with his behavior, but you have to keep it in it's proper context. Winston is fabulously talented, intelligent, and possesses leadership skills beyond what most can ever acheive. He just has to learn how to win off the field, and someone needs to mentor him on how to act socially on the sense that he does have. He has an impulsive personality that benefits him on the field, but hurts him off of it. He's barely out of his teenage years. He'll get it straightened out

I agree with this post in it's entirety

Back
Top Bottom