Top 20 Big Board 2.0 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 20 Big Board 2.0

It's Winston's penchant for criminal behavior that I'm concerned about, not how he plays football.

It's Winston's penchant for criminal behavior that I'm concerned about, not how he plays football.

I would completely agree with you if he had done anything criminal, or had been found to do anything criminal.

Winston's chances of busting on the football field are very little. His work habits, preparation, and football IQ are too superb. Therefore there is no comparison to Jamarcus Russell. Christian Ponder and E.J. Manuel were reaches and I said that from the beginning. I didn't like either one of 'em. You can't compare guys that have played under Jimbo that don't have a fraction of his talent to Jameis Winston. Jeff Tedford had a lineage of QB busts a lot longer than Jimbo's before Aaron Rodgers.

Furthermore, you don't overhaul any quarterback's delivery. If it needs overhauled then he's not a quarterback. All you do is shorten it up and make it quicker, which is the case with a lot of quarterbacks.

In terms of NFL readiness, Winston is considerably ahead of Mariota. Florida St. ran more of Jimbo's playbook with a RS Freshman Winston than Ponder or E.J. Manuel ever did at any point in their careers.

Bottom line is this kid has yet to lose a football game. He's shown the poise and playmaking ability to lead them back from deficits time and time again. Including being down 21-3 against Auburn in the national championship game. He did it again this past Saturday on the road against N.C. State and an opposing quarterback that was playing out of his mind.

There's a lot more projection involved with a kid like Mariota at the next level than there is with Jameis Winston. There's aspects of the pro game that Mariota will never be exposed to until he gets there. Conversely, you can clearly see situations regarding how Winston will function as a professional quarterback. He knows where to go with the football in do-or-die 3rd and long situations, and he converts them at a higher rate than any other QB in football.

In my estimation, the most overrated aspect of Jameis Winston is the off field propaganda by the media everytime he acts like a college kid. The rape allegations are completely unfounded and false. By the way, Peyton Manning was also sued for sexual assault his Junior year at Tennessee. Mark Sanchez, Zach Mettenberger, etc., etc.... have all been faced with sexual misconduct allegations in college. I'm just telling you...

I understand anyone being concerned with his behavior, but you have to keep it in it's proper context. Winston is fabulously talented, intelligent, and possesses leadership skills beyond what most can ever acheive. He just has to learn how to win off the field, and someone needs to mentor him on how to act socially on the sense that he does have. He has an impulsive personality that benefits him on the field, but hurts him off of it. He's barely out of his teenage years. He'll get it straightened out

It's semantics with words but anytime you have to change a QBs long throwing motion to a short compact motion you're overhauling it. Think Tim Tebow & the trials he went through. Your natural throwing motion is being changed dramatically from that of an outfielder or pitcher (coincidently the two positions Jameis plays in baseball) to a shortstop or third baseman. He's gonna have to think about how he throws every time he drops back instead of concentrating on the defense & his receivers & when SHTF his natural throwing motion will shell out which will lead to some turnovers.

I agree that Winston has an advantage over Mariota in terms of traditional NFL offenses & taking the snap under the center but the NFL is changing. These shotgun spread QBs (Kaepernick, RGIII, Foles, Newton, Carr, Manziel, Geno) are slowly filtering there way into the NFL & starting with varying degrees of success.

Jeff Tedford's list of NFL QB failures is overly emphasized by many. On that list is normally Dilfer, Akili, David Carr, Harrington, & Boller before finally breaking through with Rodgers. He only had one year with the first three & the one year he had with Carr was his freshman season.

Comparing Peyton's mooning/putting his butt in someone's face to alleged rape is comparing apples to oranges.

There was an interesting article written yesterday & the Ameer Abdullah interview:
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/09/jameis_winston_has_embarrassed.html
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...llah-addresses-jameis-winstons-maturity-level

These are people that know him. He has a ten cent brain, you can't trust someone like this. He's played in 17 games & has a sexual assault/rape allegation (which I don't believe he committed), shoplifting at a grocery store, lying to police saying he forgot to pay, this student union obscenity incident, then dressing & warming up for a game you're suspended for.

It's semantics with words but anytime you have to change a QBs long throwing motion to a short compact motion you're overhauling it. Think Tim Tebow & the trials he went through. Your natural throwing motion is being changed dramatically from that of an outfielder or pitcher (coincidently the two positions Jameis plays in baseball) to a shortstop or third baseman. He's gonna have to think about how he throws every time he drops back instead of concentrating on the defense & his receivers & when SHTF his natural throwing motion will shell out which will lead to some turnovers.

I agree that Winston has an advantage over Mariota in terms of traditional NFL offenses & taking the snap under the center but the NFL is changing. These shotgun spread QBs (Kaepernick, RGIII, Foles, Newton, Carr, Manziel, Geno) are slowly filtering there way into the NFL & starting with varying degrees of success.

Jeff Tedford's list of NFL QB failures is overly emphasized by many. On that list is normally Dilfer, Akili, David Carr, Harrington, & Boller before finally breaking through with Rodgers. He only had one year with the first three & the one year he had with Carr was his freshman season.

Comparing Peyton's mooning/putting his butt in someone's face to alleged rape is comparing apples to oranges.

There was an interesting article written yesterday & the Ameer Abdullah interview:
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/09/jameis_winston_has_embarrassed.html
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...llah-addresses-jameis-winstons-maturity-level

These are people that know him. He has a ten cent brain, you can't trust someone like this. He's played in 17 games & has a sexual assault/rape allegation (which I don't believe he committed), shoplifting at a grocery store, lying to police saying he forgot to pay, this student union obscenity incident, then dressing & warming up for a game you're suspended for.

He dressed for the Clemson game because all of his equipment was laid out in front of his locker by the equipment guy as normal... because the suspension at the time the equipment was laid out was only for the first half. They changed it to a full game at the last minute. That's a failure on FSU's part. If a kid is suspended, you don't lay his equipment out in front of his locker.

Furthermore, all Ameer Abdullah is trying to say is that Winston needs to grow up and he's trying to make him realize how much influence he has. Which is obvious.

I've watched Ameer and Jameis play high school football around here many times. I thought we (Hartselle) were going to have to play Hueytown for the 5A state championship game in 2011. Vigor beat 'em in the semi-finals and we went on to play Vigor for the state title. I broke down his film on hudl.com in preparation. I've spoken to his baseball coach at Hueytown personally about Winston. He insists that he's a good kid and a decent person. We all know he's immature.

There's a completely different set of facts regarding the crab legs than what the media is telling you. Again, I've gotten it straight from the coach.

Let me ask you this, do you honestly believe Jameis Winston just walked into some Publix and walked out with crab legs without paying because he was trying to steal 'em? Do you think Winston is the only person that has gone into that place and walked out without paying for crab legs? I'll leave it at that...

You'll notice that the sister-in-law of his high school baseball coach said the exact same thing I've already said in here regarding Winston.... his parents are enablers and never really taught him how to be accountable. But he's always been one of the best students in the classroom regardless.

I'll defend Jameis to a degree because I know what the facts are. He's going to be fine. People are allowed to believe what they want. However, I have serious questions about anyone that has serious questions about his abilities on the field. I don't want 'em scouting talent for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

The difference is that Peyton was sued and reached a monitary agreement with the woman. Jameis wasn't found guilty of anything. In fact, the evidence in the case points completely in the opposite direction. His lawyer has documents showing where the 'victim' and her lawyer tried to extort $7 million from Winston.

It's apples to apples in terms of illustrating how lack of judgement and immaturity can get the best of a 19 year old college kid. Whether it's Peyton Manning, Jameis Winston, or anybody else.

He dressed for the Clemson game because all of his equipment was laid out in front of his locker by the equipment guy as normal... because the suspension at the time the equipment was laid out was only for the first half. They changed it to a full game at the last minute. That's a failure on FSU's part. If a kid is suspended, you don't lay his equipment out in front of his locker.

Furthermore, all Ameer Abdullah is trying to say is that Winston needs to grow up and he's trying to make him realize how much influence he has. Which is obvious.

I've watched Ameer and Jameis play high school football around here many times. I thought we (Hartselle) were going to have to play Hueytown for the 5A state championship game in 2011. Vigor beat 'em in the semi-finals and we went on to play Vigor for the state title. I broke down his film on hudl.com in preparation. I've spoken to his baseball coach at Hueytown personally about Winston. He insists that he's a good kid and a decent person. We all know he's immature.

There's a completely different set of facts regarding the crab legs than what the media is telling you. Again, I've gotten it straight from the coach.

Let me ask you this, do you honestly believe Jameis Winston just walked into some Publix and walked out with crab legs without paying because he was trying to steal 'em? Do you think Winston is the only person that has gone into that place and walked out without paying for crab legs? I'll leave it at that...

You'll notice that the sister-in-law of his high school baseball coach said the exact same thing I've already said in here regarding Winston.... his parents are enablers and never really taught him how to be accountable. But he's always been one of the best students in the classroom regardless.

I'll defend Jameis to a degree because I know what the facts are. He's going to be fine. People are allowed to believe what they want. However, I have serious questions about anyone that has serious questions about his abilities on the field. I don't want 'em scouting talent for me.

In bold. People will believe what they want to believe. They don't understand how many athletes receive things for free.. especially a Heisman trophy winner. I've never seen a Football player had to pay for a cover into a bar once. Even the walk-ons.......

Lots of excellent posts on Winston...nothing really more to add to that...

The media jumps on it because of who he is and his name, but he's just being a college kid...

I also know that the accuser slept with half the FSU baseball team also. Big time star chaser.

Source: I ****ed a girl in her sorority.

Umm yeah... that's exactly what happened. Unless something is given to you by the owner it's shoplifting/stealing. If he didn't go in there for that then why didn't he buy or leave with anything else? This coach you talked to is an enabler just like his parents trying to justify a crime. Similar to in the late 90s when Peter Warrick & Laveranues Coles bought all kinds of clothes for $20 from a friend & they all were arrested for shoplifting.

Umm yeah... that's exactly what happened. Unless something is given to you by the owner it's shoplifting/stealing. If he didn't go in there for that then why didn't he buy or leave with anything else? This coach you talked to is an enabler just like his parents trying to justify a crime. Similar to in the late 90s when Peter Warrick & Laveranues Coles bought all kinds of clothes for $20 from a friend & they all were arrested for shoplifting.

Not at all. College football players get free **** all of the time.. Even the walk-ons. What do you think Heisman trophy winners don't get anything free?

He can play on the hash and center field. But he's best in the box. Reminds me of Donte Whitner. I think he'll be a pro bowl safety for a very long time. Much better prospect than recent Bama safeties Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Mark Barron. And I think TedSlimmJr. would agree with that as well.

I'm sick of Miami not addressing the safety position with a high end talent. We need a big time safety once and for all. If we had a playmaker and leader back there, it would take the defense to another level.

If you look at defenses like Green Bay and SF, they demand top flight safeties. Miami's plan has been to put average guys back there.

Keep your eye out for Gunner Kiel the QB from Cincy. At the time this ranking had came out he had 2 career starts, but I see a potential franchise quarterback. He's played extremely well. I don't want to be premature and give him a grade before I have a good feel for him. But he very well could be on this next list, and very high on it too.

Kiel has a convoluted back story. He was very highly touted coming out of Columbus, Indiana. He was a five star recruit and considered the top "pro style" quarterback in the country. He has good size and frame. He was recruited by everyone and committed to Kevin Wilson (the former OK offensive coordinator) and home state Indiana. His older brother was a struggling quarterback there. The older brother didn't play much at IU. The family was very involved and high maintenance. He de-committed from Indiana. He then committed to Les Miles and LSU. Then he backed out of the LSU commitment to attend Notre Dame where he actually matriculated. Then, apparently afraid of competition, he decided to transfer. At this point he was running out of viable schools and was coming across as a head case. That's how he ended up at Cincinnati. So, he was associated with Indiana, LSU, ND, and Cincinnati. Lore has it that alot of this is on his parents, but at some point a kid has be to accountable for some of these character issues. Jeff George was another Indiana kid with parental and head case issues. He had a breathtaking arm but grossly underachieved. Kiel is a talented kid so hopefully he has turned some of the character issues around and he becomes a high end prospect which everyone believed he would be a few years ago.

Kevin White is an absolute animal. He and Cooper both are, but I think Id take White over Cooper to be honest. He plays bigger, and he's big to begin with. Freakish athlete

I'm sick of Miami not addressing the safety position with a high end talent. We need a big time safety once and for all. If we had a playmaker and leader back there, it would take the defense to another level.

If you look at defenses like Green Bay and SF, they demand top flight safeties. Miami's plan has been to put average guys back there.

I'd love it if Miami grabbed the S out of Fresno.

Back
Top Bottom