Top 20 Big Board 2.0 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 20 Big Board 2.0

I'm watching Baylor and ISU and Bryce Petty is just sick with skills. Fully on the Petty bandwagon.

I'll reserve my judgment as his true evaluation starts next week. Even so, he's been streaky and inconsistent against the flimsy competition he's faced so far.

He's worth the risk

Eek. I've seen plenty of talent come and go thru the college ranks and rarely do QB's with mental instability issues ever come out on top. And this kids pot-marked with 'em.

I'm watching Baylor and ISU and Bryce Petty is just sick with skills. Fully on the Petty bandwagon.
He's a QB that likes to operate out of the pocket more often then not. A lot like RGIII or Jake Locker. It's an injury waiting to happen.

This QB class right now is underwhelming. Winston is the obvious top dog but his off the field stuff is scary. There's a lot of QBs in this draft class with 3/4 arm deliveries...lots of side arm throwers and a few guys with long throwing motions.

What I saw was a QB that put nearly every ball in a good spot for his guy, short, med, and long balls. Add in nice mobility a good arm strength and I can work with that. If you want a pocket passer then Sean Mannion is the guy.

As far as QB's go: Winston or Mariota. Otherwise I'm not sure you are upgrading Tannehill. Cook and Hundley are not 1st round prospects. I haven't seen the Arizona State game for Hundley but unless he was flat out incredible I'm sticking to my 2nd/3rd round grade. He drops his eye level under pressure too often. He see's ghosts in the pocket, and struggles with deep ball accuracy. As of now I don't see a franchise quarterback. Miami would be better off letting Tannehill play out his final year of his rookie deal.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

I see Bryce Petty as a day 3 guy.

What I saw was a QB that put nearly every ball in a good spot for his guy, short, med, and long balls. Add in nice mobility a good arm strength and I can work with that. If you want a pocket passer then Sean Mannion is the guy.

I wouldn't touch Mannion. And what QB hasn't looked good in Art Briles system? RGIII? Case Keenum? Kevin Kolb? Art Briles has a pretty good offense where WRs are running in space.

I wouldn't touch Mannion. And what QB hasn't looked good in Art Briles system? RGIII? Case Keenum? Kevin Kolb? Art Briles has a pretty good offense where WRs are running in space.

RGIII also had Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright, Terrance Williams, Tevin Reese, and Antwan Goodley at WR... talk about a QB's dream.. 5 NFL WR's in an offense designed to get receivers wide open.

With a QB draft class that is leaving a lot to be desired, this year's RB are shaping up to be a class to be reckoned with. That pleases me. I would like to see running backs and the running game in particular to steal some of the spotlight off of the passing game.

This QB draft class is going to get better as the year goes. I prefer that RT develops and we go from there. However, Winston, Mariota and Hundley will be starters at the next level.

Hundley has the "it" factor IMO. Winston is immature, but is a leader on the field and has the confidence to make plays. Mariota a system needs to be placed around him that fits his skill set.

With Winston, Mariota, Hundley, and Cook, I see this as a strong group. Great year to need a QB.

I've said before that I'm afraid for Hundley, but as it stands today, he's better than any of the QB's from the 2014 class. Mariota and Cook have the ability to prove the ability to prove the same before draft time.

Shaq Thompson scored another defensive TD yesterday, and he forced two fumbles. He's not in on the play as much as I'd prefer, but he's a very fluid athlete and he's making game-changing plays at a rapid rate.

With Winston, we'll see. He's a peculiar dude - tremendous leader, extremely bright (on the field), and he seems like a guy who should be able to get beyond the off-field ****, but you never know. I said it last year, but he's such a sure bet as a player that I'd be willing gamble on the other stuff. NFL executives will have better info on the person. I do agree with Slimm that the latest incident is a complete non-issue. If you're familiar with the beginning of the meme, it's basically a more adult version of "boom goes the dynamite." It's funny because of its origins - not because of the phrase itself. I'm an advocate for human rights and equal treatment across genders, races, etc., but this does not fall into that category. As someone who cares about these issues, it's alarming that the greater population can't distinguish between an issue and a non-issue.

With Winston, Mariota, Hundley, and Cook, I see this as a strong group. Great year to need a QB.

I've said before that I'm afraid for Hundley, but as it stands today, he's better than any of the QB's from the 2014 class. Mariota and Cook have the ability to prove the ability to prove the same before draft time.

Shaq Thompson scored another defensive TD yesterday, and he forced two fumbles. He's not in on the play as much as I'd prefer, but he's a very fluid athlete and he's making game-changing plays at a rapid rate.

With Winston, we'll see. He's a peculiar dude - tremendous leader, extremely bright (on the field), and he seems like a guy who should be able to get beyond the off-field ****, but you never know. I said it last year, but he's such a sure bet as a player that I'd be willing gamble on the other stuff. NFL executives will have better info on the person. I do agree with Slimm that the latest incident is a complete non-issue. If you're familiar with the beginning of the meme, it's basically a more adult version of "boom goes the dynamite." It's funny because of its origins - not because of the phrase itself. I'm an advocate for human rights and equal treatment across genders, races, etc., but this does not fall into that category. As someone who cares about these issues, it's alarming that the greater population can't distinguish between an issue and a non-issue.

Are you seeing the same issues with Hundley as I do? Dropping eye level under pressure, seeing ghosts in the pocket, inaccurate deep ball? As far as arm strength he is #1 in the class. I just haven't seen enough to warrant a 1st round grade. Right now I have them 1. Winston 2. Mariota 3. Cook 4. Hundley

Ameer Abdullah with another strong game. He's going to be a starter at the next level.

Are you seeing the same issues with Hundley as I do? Dropping eye level under pressure, seeing ghosts in the pocket, inaccurate deep ball? As far as arm strength he is #1 in the class. I just haven't seen enough to warrant a 1st round grade. Right now I have them 1. Winston 2. Mariota 3. Cook 4. Hundley

With the lack of talent around him and his atrocious O-line its pretty hard for me to get a great read on him. Its no doubt he makes that team better…and thats something that stands out to me. He isn't a product of system…he is that system. He does do some of those things you don't want to see such as seeing ghosts…but its hard not to with that line of his. Its just a matter of if you think he can break free of that when he has actual protection. I have them as Winston, Mariota, Hundley, and Cook as of now.

Side note: Abdullah is a fantastic talent. You have at least 3-4 impact RBs in this class…and a few more who have a chance to be really good as well. Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon are AP type impact backs

With the lack of talent around him and his atrocious O-line its pretty hard for me to get a great read on him. Its no doubt he makes that team better…and thats something that stands out to me. He isn't a product of system…he is that system. He does do some of those things you don't want to see such as seeing ghosts…but its hard not to with that line of his. Its just a matter of if you think he can break free of that when he has actual protection. I have them as Winston, Mariota, Hundley, and Cook as of now.

Side note: Abdullah is a fantastic talent. You have at least 3-4 impact RBs in this class…and a few more who have a chance to be really good as well. Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon are AP type impact backs

This is as deep of a RB class as I can remember

As of now, my top 5 would be

1. Gurley
2. Gordon
3. Abdullah
4. Ajayi
5. Davis

Hundley did not look at his rush at all vs. AZ State, but AZ State' D is awful. Let's watch what UCLA does the rest of the way.

Winston fills Sun Life and gives a buzz to the team unlike anything we have seen in 10 years.

Winston is kind of like Cam Newton in terms of maturity. Match him with a Jim Harbaugh or Hue Jackson and he will be fine and flourish.

Back
Top Bottom