Top 5 Hitters in Baseball | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Hitters in Baseball

Do you mean all around? Power wise? What?

Either way: Pujols, Arod and Manny have to be on that list.

Nomar Garciaparra circa 1999 was the best pure hitter (by this I am obviously excluding power) I might have ever seen.

I know it really doesn't relate to this thread specifically, but since we're talking about great hitters, I thought I'd throw it out there.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Nomar Garciaparra circa 1999 was the best pure hitter I might have ever seen.

Same here, although it's a treat watching Manny hit everyday too. Man, thinking back Nomar was a sure HOFer, too bad injuries ended it for him.

This Pujols guy is doing pretty well the past 4 or 5 years himself.

Boik14 said:
pujols
manny
arod
wright
hafner

Wright over Ortiz, Teixeira, Sheffield, Guerrero, Jones? :sidelol:

David Wright isn't even the best 3rd baseman in the NL East.

Two words: Miguel Cabrera.

In a lineup like Florida's, as a power hitter and a run producer, all he's doing is leading the National League in batting average and in 6th in RBI. He's leading the NL in doubles, he's 3rd in OPS, 4th in OBP, 4th in slugging, 2nd in hits, 9th in runs, and he's 23.

RWhitney014 said:
Two words: Miguel Cabrera.

In a lineup like Florida's, as a power hitter and a run producer, all he's doing is leading the National League in batting average and in 6th in RBI. He's leading the NL in doubles, he's 3rd in OPS, 4th in OBP, 4th in slugging, 2nd in hits, 9th in runs, and he's 23.

Miguel Cabrera > David Wright.

I said it before the season started and I got attacked. Wright gets all the publicity playing in New York but Cabrera is a superior player at this point.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Miguel Cabrera > David Wright.

I said it before the season started and I got attacked. Wright gets all the publicity playing in New York but Cabrera is a superior player at this point.

I gotta disagree with you here bro, I'd take Wright over Cabrera anyday

Best Hitters All Time:
Ted Williams
Babe Ruth
Joe Dimiaggio
Willie Mays
Ty Cobb

Honorable mentions: Mickey Mantle, Lou Gehrig, Pete Rose

Right now:
Albert Pujols
Manny Ramirez
Alex Rodriguez
Vlad Guerrero
David Ortiz

Honorable mentions: Ken Griffey Jr., Barry Bonds

In no order, I just listed them.

Ray Finkle said:
Best Hitters All Time:
Ted Williams
Babe Ruth
Joe Dimiaggio
Willie Mays
Ty Cobb

Right now:
Albert Pujols
Manny Ramirez
Alex Rodriguez
Vlad Guerrero
David Ortiz

Hey FInkle How can u not put Tony FAt MAn Gywnn

Rocky Raccoon said:
I gotta disagree with you here bro, I'd take Wright over Cabrera anyday

It's like saying which ice cream do you want chocolate or vanilla. The guys are basically the same player. I'd take both of them if I could.

I think the edge goes to Cabrera right now only because he's been doing it longer than David Wright. However that's not a knock on Wright at all. I love the kid.

I think both Wright and Cabrera will be the next Pujolses (is that the right form/word to use?)

Back
Top Bottom