Top 5 Hitters in Baseball | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Hitters in Baseball

dominizzo said:
Hey FInkle How can u not put Tony FAt MAn Gywnn

Because as good as Gywnn was (believe me I think he was a great hitter) he's not better than those guys I mentioned. Those guys are baseball legends/gods. As good as Gywnn was he'd be sitting on the bench for them.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Wright over Ortiz, Teixeira, Sheffield, Guerrero, Jones? :sidelol:

David Wright isn't even the best 3rd baseman in the NL East.
defensively no but we aint talking about defense. Andruw Jones? Are you kidding the guy is a 260 hitter and if its chipper youre referring to thats even worse cause he cant even stay healthy. Wright is every bit as good a hitter as the guys on the list he just doesnt have the resume yet. he is however hitting 330+ and shows power to all fields. Isnt that what being a great hitter is?

Ray Finkle said:
Because as good as Gywnn was (believe me I think he was a great hitter) he's not better than those guys I mentioned. Those guys are baseball legends/gods. As good as Gywnn was he'd be sitting on the bench for them.

Disagreee

Pujols
ARod
Jeter
Hafner
Manny
Miguel Cabrera
Teixera
Ortiz
David Wright
Bonds

not in any order, but i was just throwing names out there

some sleepers-
Michael Young
Joe Mauer
Matt Holliday
Chase Utley

DevilElias26 said:
Pujols
ARod
Jeter
Hafner
Manny
Miguel Cabrera
Teixera
Ortiz
David Wright
Bonds

some sleepers-
Michael Young
Joe Mauer
Matt Holliday
Chase Utley

Utley is great

If we are talking hitters and in that I mean they have everything, can hit for power, average, and the whole package. The TOP 5 are easy.

(in no special order, casue we would argue the order from now till December)
Pujols, ARod, Vlad, Mig Cabera, Manny.

Those are the top 5 and in my opinion it isn't even debatable. Just after that looking in on the outside are Bay, Ortiz, and Texeria.

Maybe he does not have the best power numbers but why no love for Ichiro?

Todd Helton the last few years has also been an incredible hitter, just to put another name out there.

Boik14 said:
defensively no but we aint talking about defense. Andruw Jones? Are you kidding the guy is a 260 hitter and if its chipper youre referring to thats even worse cause he cant even stay healthy. Wright is every bit as good a hitter as the guys on the list he just doesnt have the resume yet. he is however hitting 330+ and shows power to all fields. Isnt that what being a great hitter is?

Who said anything about defense?

MikeO said:
If we are talking hitters and in that I mean they have everything, can hit for power, average, and the whole package. The TOP 5 are easy.

(in no special order, casue we would argue the order from now till December)
Pujols, ARod, Vlad, Mig Cabera, Manny.

Those are the top 5 and in my opinion it isn't even debatable. Just after that looking in on the outside are Bay, Ortiz, and Texeria.

Believe it or not, I agree pretty much with all the players mentioned in this post. Another name I think should be thrown into the Bay, Ortiz, Teixeira group would be Gary Sheffield. The guy is simply an outstanding hitter.

But I do completely agree with your top 5.

DevilElias26 said:
Pujols
ARod
Jeter
Hafner
Manny
Miguel Cabrera
Teixera
Ortiz
David Wright
Bonds

some sleepers-
Michael Young
Joe Mauer
Matt Holliday
Chase Utley

No Vlad? Guy has hit atleast .300 every year he's been in the majors w/ around 30 hrs/100 rbis/100s.

I agree w/ people who have said

Pujols, ARod, Vlad, Mig Cabera, Manny. W/ Ortiz at 5b

FaninPatsyLand said:
Who said anything about defense?
Well offensively hes the best 3b in the nl east so i know you werent talking about that.

I disagree with this Manny and Ortiz being 5a and 5b.

Ortiz is more of a "feared" hitter than he is a "great" hitter. Manny can take the ball the other way and do many more things at the plate. Put it this way, if you put that kind of shift on when Manny hits, Manny would try to take advantage of it. Ortiz doens't try to at all.

Ortiz is a very good hitter and all. This isn't a knock, but he isn't 5b to Manny being 5a. Manny is clearly a Top 5 hitter. Ortiz is in that next group on the outside of the Top 5. He might even be #6, but he isn't Top 5.

MikeO said:
I disagree with this Manny and Ortiz being 5a and 5b.

Ortiz is more of a "feared" hitter than he is a "great" hitter. Manny can take the ball the other way and do many more things at the plate. Put it this way, if you put that kind of shift on when Manny hits, Manny would try to take advantage of it. Ortiz doens't try to at all.

Ortiz is a very good hitter and all. This isn't a knock, but he isn't 5b to Manny being 5a. Manny is clearly a Top 5 hitter. Ortiz is in that next group on the outside of the Top 5. He might even be #6, but he isn't Top 5.

Agree 100% again, damn this is kinda weird.

Although in Ortiz's defense when it comes to the shift, most people including myself don't want to see him take advantage of the shift by dropping down a bunt (and I know you weren't implying that Manny would drop down a bunt either, he'd simply take the ball the other way). But you are completely correct that Manny is a better "hitter" who uses the entire field on a more frequent basis.

Back
Top Bottom