Top 5 RB's in the NFL | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 RB's in the NFL

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I just don't see it. He seems not seem agile enough to be a quick back and he doesn't seem strong enough to be a power back. He seems like he is the poster child for above average.
hes had over a thousand rushing yards in each of his first to seasons and last year he had 590 receiving yards

LithoMan said:
My top 5:

1) LaDanian - simply the best back in the entire NFL. He can catch, he can run, witness his total accomplsihments for the last three seasons. That the present past, not acient history past. Total package, and he has proven it.

5b) Runners-up. Carnell Williams, Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, and Tatum Bell. All rooks or second year fellas. They all have the ability to be 2K backs. And, I believe they all will accomplish it at some point in their careers. Some sooner then later.

Where is Rudi Johnson (former AU RB)??? HE rushed for more yards than LT last year and is poised to have another big. Problem: Not a good pass catcher.

p.s.: Ronnie Brown is faster (40 time) than Carnell.

this should be in the general NFL forum shouldn't it?

dolfreak said:
1.LT - Best in the League....on pace to end up as BEST EVER

2. Shaun - Almost as consistent as LT but on a Better team last couple of years

3. EJ - Smart Runner with good hands and solid production every year

4.Priest - TD machine mostly in the Red Zone, best O-line in NFL Helps

5. Jamal - Most Aggressive runner in the league, good luck tackling him.

Agreed :D

AU_raven said:
Where is Rudi Johnson (former AU RB)??? HE rushed for more yards than LT last year and is poised to have another big. Problem: Not a good pass catcher.

I got to admit, I dont like Rudi Johnson one bit. I am biased against the guy. He's big, he's lumbering. I just dont like power backs. Them collisions take there toll in time. "Scat" backs I like. They avoid the big hits, the longevity is usually better. I give Rudi props, he did good last year, but he avoided serious injuries. Look what happened to Icky. Kevin Mack. Good power runners, but their careers didnt endure. Curtis Martin still playing, Ahman Greene, Thurman went forever and a day. They all suffered injuries at one point in time, but the point is, the physical riggers on the body are less severe over time too, avoid them big hits.

AU_raven said:

That didnt help Ronnie one bit securing that starting job at Auburn now did it? Who did the rushing between the 20's? 40 time means miniscule in the NFL.

I would go with

1. L. Tomlinson
2. S. Alexander
3. P. Holmes
4. D. McAllister (sp)
5. J. Lewis

Crisis said:
How is getting 1100+ yards in 11 starts an "average" year? Add on all the TDs he had...I'm not looking at the stats now but Willis goes over 1500 yards easy if he plays every game.

4 ypc is average, that's how.

He was getting carries in week 1 and had the bulk of the carries in 12 games.

LithoMan said:
I got to admit, I dont like Rudi Johnson one bit. I am biased against the guy. He's big, he's lumbering. I just dont like power backs. Them collisions take there toll in time. "Scat" backs I like. They avoid the big hits, the longevity is usually better. I give Rudi props, he did good last year, but he avoided serious injuries. Look what happened to Icky. Kevin Mack. Good power runners, but their careers didnt endure. Curtis Martin still playing, Ahman Greene, Thurman went forever and a day. They all suffered injuries at one point in time, but the point is, the physical riggers on the body are less severe over time too, avoid them big hits.

Jerome Bettis?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
4 ypc is average, that's how.

He was getting carries in week 1 and had the bulk of the carries in 12 games.
LT had a 3.9 ypc last year.

what was RW average in his last year w/ the fins? 3.5

So they were both average by your logic?

Willis was tied for 4th w/ rushing td's in his first yr. while a lot of you guys say we had a crappy OL and yet you say he's average?

I have to say not being a Homer but Ricky ran behind a crappy line and still led the league in rushing. LT has had the best line coach, a qb, and some preaty good OL than can actually open up holes for him to make a move! I still would put Ricky at #2 atleast. He hasnt has a qb that is a THREAT or a line and he's still doing it.

Back
Top Bottom