Top QB Prospects - 2007 Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top QB Prospects - 2007 Draft

Who is the best QB Prospect for Miami in '07?

• Total voters
adamprez2003 said:
Ive seen some sites saying Brohm may be available somewhere between 10-15 and Troy Smith might be moving ahead of him. If Brohm is available and we dont draft him I'll go nuts.
Remember when we felt that way about Jay Cutler? Then he fell to #11 in the draft and I was screaming "Take him!! TAKE HIM!!". But the Broncos used their 2nd rounder to trade up ahead of us and snatched him away; our own 2nd rounder had already been squandered.

If Brohm is available, Nick Saban would cement his reputation as a draft dolt by passing on him.

Its looking like hes going back, but weve heard that before ;)

If we pass on a QB like Smith or Brohm I have to say Tailguns comment would be accurate.

Somewhere in the mid first round prolly. Honestly, from a personal standpoint I dont want him. He just seems more of an athlete than a QB. Would rather skip him and take Stanton or Kolb in the third if it comes to that.
Smith and Brohm would def. be my favorites.

Tailgun said:
Joey is cheap under the cap and I believe Culpepper will be gone by training camp next year. The draft pick spent on him was wasted. I believe it's time to look for a legitimate prospect of our own.

You lost me here...

unifiedtheory said:
You lost me here...

I dunno, I understood it fine. I dont think we should rule out DC at this point, but he just didnt show me anything that would indicate hes gonne regain his old probowl form.
The negatives just piled up while the positives just kinda didnt :shakeno:

QB for us is just a huge question right now, and needs addressing badly.

Skeet84 said:
Brohm is returning so he is already out of the running.

He says that now. But you never know, if some team says 'We want to make you the #2 pick in the draft' I bet he declares.

I agree. If Brian Brohm is a top prospect, his circle of friends and advisers should remind him what happened to Matt Leinart. Injuries can happen in college football just like the pros, and taking a chance on not being a #1 pick in 2008 should motivate him to declare.

And a lot of guys at this time of the year claim they will return. That's mostly for the benefit of their college teammates, boosters and such. You'll find they often sing a different song in February.

Sam Keller is at Nebraska now and not declaring.

Where's Colt Brennan and JaMarcus Russell?

Both are potential 1st rounders.

Motion said:

I did add information about Colt Brennan a few posts back; didn't know about him when I first put up the poll. Can I edit additional names into the poll?

Brady Quinn is a franchise QB along the mold of Carson Palmer. That said, unless we make a draft-day trade and dump Culpepper, we're not getting Quinn. If it weren't for the fact that we're stuck with Daunte, we'd be in a good position to draft a good QB.

Motion said:

Brennan won't come out this year though. Potential first next year, but still not likely the 1st QB taken.

Stitches said:
Brennan won't come out this year though. Potential first next year, but still not likely the 1st QB taken.

Actually he hasn't ruled it out yet, still possible.

Back
Top Bottom