Trade for Andrew Luck | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Andrew Luck

I don't know if replacing Ryan and having a new backup QB the same year is a good thing for this organization.

It wouldn't if you viewed that one year as somehow critical in terms of this team's longer-term vision.

Not often an upper echelon QB comes on the market. You have to give it consideration in my opinion.

It wouldn't if you viewed that one year as somehow critical in terms of this team's longer-term vision.

Not often an upper echelon QB comes on the market. You have to give it consideration in my opinion.
I agree you have to consider everything after the season as far as going forward goes. You also have to ask is can this coaching staff develop young players. Thanks for being a member of the site bro.

Last edited:
Reactions: <O>
The upgrade from Tannehill to Luck isn’t worth the cost or constrovery.

This is a madden-esque thread. If Luck is damaged goods to where Colts would trade him, why would we want him? If Luck is going to be fine, why would Colts trade him? He’s a very talented young QB on a team that absolutely has no other options.

If ALL of that checked out and made sense, he’s still not worth the haul it would take to trade.

A thought much more realistic and worthy of consideration is the trading or releasing of Ryan Tannehill and the signing of Kirk Cousins.

Cousins is a true top-10 QB in the league, and releasing Tannehill after June 1st of 2018 drops his dead cap hit from the $20.2M it would've been this year, to a mere $2.3M in 2018.

In one fell swoop you erase the relevance of the uncertainty surrounding Tannehill's knee, while improving significantly on even a fully healthy Tannehill.

:poop

Draft Lamar Jackson in 2nd round. But Tannehill starts next year
I'm with you, he would be high on my draft board in CAPITAL LETTERS, question is, would he be available when we pick? I don't see him falling to the 2nd round.

A thought much more realistic and worthy of consideration is the trading or releasing of Ryan Tannehill and the signing of Kirk Cousins.

Cousins is a true top-10 QB in the league, and releasing Tannehill after June 1st of 2018 drops his dead cap hit from the $20.2M it would've been this year, to a mere $2.3M in 2018.

In one fell swoop you erase the relevance of the uncertainty surrounding Tannehill's knee, while improving significantly on even a fully healthy Tannehill.
And what do you suppose Cousin's price tag will be? Astronomical, with other teams driving up the price. Roll with RT, who has seemed to prove his worth by not playing, and seeing REAL faulty QB play

I'm all for signing Kirk Cousins to a bank breaking contract just to see how badly this board implodes when they actually get to witness him first-hand for 16 games as opposed to looking at box scores.

Here's a veteran quarterback who might be available, who is also good, and would be affordable: Teddy Bridgewater.

Oh, his knee blew up, too? Huh, yeah. It's almost like really good quarterbacks typically don't become available unless their knees or shoulders blow up. Interesting.

The Dolphins wouldn't sniff the playoffs with Cousins but your fantasy team would totally rock!

And what do you suppose Cousin's price tag will be? Astronomical, with other teams driving up the price. Roll with RT, who has seemed to prove his worth by not playing, and seeing REAL faulty QB play

The price tag would be entirely worth it. Matthew Stafford's contract has shown us just how valuable quarterback play is in the league.

The difference between Tannehill's salary and Cousins's salary would be worth the price of Cousins, even if Cousins were paid like Stafford.

Based on both players' YPA in 2016, Cousins is worth two wins a season more than Tannehill with all else equal. That could conceivably be the difference between being the very weak 10-6 sixth seed the team was last year, having to go on the road in the wildcard round, and being 12-4 and having a first-round bye and a playoff game at home, if not home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Major, major difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom