Trade for Andrew Luck | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Andrew Luck

2018 free agent 2 og must keep both ot and c

draft qb, rb, cb, lb, de. best player available

I really think Luck will be out of the league in 2 years. His former teammates believed his injuries might be career ending. Sad for someone who was so promising early on. The Colts killed him.

You mean Joe Philbin killed him:

The Colts are 16 games above .500 in 70 games with Luck, and are two games below .500 in 18 games without him since 2012, per NFL Research. Luck missed nine games in 2015 with right shoulder (2) and kidney/abdomen (7) injuries; in 2016 he missed one game due to a concussion. The shoulder injury suffered early in 2015 never stopped lingering and now wipes out an entire year of Luck's prime.

I don’t think Luck will ever fully recover. This is a bit different than Brees. Colts got him killed and he is damaged goods at this point. No way would I trade for him now. A lot of fans don’t realize the difference a year or two makes. I’ll roll with Tannehill 100%

Wasn’t Brees a free agent, been so long ago I can’t remember. And didn’t Luck just sign a 25 per year dill.

Correct on both counts.

Brees did sign for something like 60 million on a six year deal with the Saints, but there were still significant doubts over whether he would regain full motion and arm strength, and what kind of longevity he would have after such a serious injury. So while I’d be concerned about Luck if I was a colts fan (or fan of any team that acquired him), he is worth preserving with (or taking a risk on) because he’s a top quarterback when healthy.

I don’t think Luck will ever fully recover. This is a bit different than Brees. Colts got him killed and he is damaged goods at this point. No way would I trade for him now. A lot of fans don’t realize the difference a year or two makes. I’ll roll with Tannehill 100%

Brees has a 360 degree tear of his rotor cuff, which require a dozen anchor points in the repair surgery. That was a really severe injury that threatened his career. Unless the Colts and Luck are hiding something, I’ve not read anything that suggests he had a worse shoulder injury than Brees, it’s just he’s not reacted as well to the rehab as someone like Cam Newton.

If he has a year off and rests, rehabs that shoulder. He should be good to go next season. It’s not great for the Colts to have their star sit a year, but it’s clearly in his best interest to sit out and be patient in his recovery.

Andrew Luck is finished... Colts hiring of Joe Philbin saw to that! imo we should draft Baker Reagan Mayfield next May.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Most QB's throwing arm's are typically compared to a firearm of some sort, Gun, rifle, shotgun, cannon etc.

Luck has a sling shot.....a broken one at that.

I'll go ahead and say it.........Andrew Luck couldn't touch Ryan Tannehill's talent.

To Luck's credit he does have all the intagibles you look for. Just not the most important tangible.

He's Chad Pennington.
Wow are you smoking meth? This is by far the dumbest thing said on here in a while and that’s saying something.
Any of you that think we shouldn’t look into aquiring luck are just blind homers.

No way would I want luck. Didn't think a lot of him coming out of college, and in the pros he hasn't done that much to warrant a change in mind.

Now, with a bung shoulder, that 'no way' has decreased to no £¥<{=/ way would I want Luck.

Love Luck but he's got something seriously going on with his health. It seems to be a nagging injury that is really slow to heal.

If healthy, he'll be retained or scooped up by someone for big bucks.

Wow are you smoking meth? This is by far the dumbest thing said on here in a while and that’s saying something.
Any of you that think we shouldn’t look into aquiring luck are just blind homers.
Oh, so anyone who doesn't share the same informed football opinions as you must then be "blind homers?"

Careful not to fall off that shaky soapbox.
(oh and a word to the wise: B4 accusing anyone else of being dumb, you probably should check your own spelling)

A thought much more realistic and worthy of consideration is the trading or releasing of Ryan Tannehill and the signing of Kirk Cousins.

Cousins is a true top-10 QB in the league, and releasing Tannehill after June 1st of 2018 drops his dead cap hit from the $20.2M it would've been this year, to a mere $2.3M in 2018.

In one fell swoop you erase the relevance of the uncertainty surrounding Tannehill's knee, while improving significantly on even a fully healthy Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom