Trestman upset over OC snub | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trestman upset over OC snub

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I can say you're wrong. You are wrong, Knight is not a has been.
Was he in the probowl last year? I know it doesn't mean much but he's obviously not the Knight he once was. That was my point.

I predict he'll continue to decline this year. :D

Justasportsfan said:
Was he in the probowl last year? I know it doesn't mean much but he's obviously not the Knight he once was. That was my point.

Let's file this Bills fans opinion under " who gives a s@#t what you think!!!!!!!"

bigmiamifan said:
From the Herald-

I was wondering why at the time it said Trestman didn't want the job, that he was fine doing the QBs, I guess that was BS. I like that he's at least putting out his opinions.

I seriously think if Dave is gone, maybe Trestman will be promoted.

This is ridiculous, if he's the OC than we need a new QB coach! Why do that when he's one of the best QB coaches in the league..Plus, we run a power offense with vertical passing game. The system Norv used and Coryel use. Trestman is a WCO guy. That would not fit for us..Plus, he's on our staff and as the Assistant Head Coach..Correct me if I'm wrong isn't that a higher position than the OC. Now, after we win the SB he will be a HC canditate..He will have alot of imput on what we do this year..We already implementing quicker throws and shorter routes that leads to Y.A.C because of Trestman..The Herald is BOGUS..

Disgustipate said:
Trestman is out of touch if he thinks he's going to come in and suddenly change the Dolphins to a WCO.

Like I said about Turner earlier..Turner is a crappy OC. His system, however, is great. When he has the players, fantastic. When he doesnt, he cant adapt.

That's Norv's only weakness, he hates to adapt..Very good point.

Justasportsfan said:
What facts do you have that the new OC will do a better job than an OC that has SB rings? Do you have one or is it just your opinion. Yeah, Boston is better than Moulds, the new OC is better than Turner :shakeno:

The same facts that make you think your new O-Line coach is going to make you completely different team.. :roflmao:

Justasportsfan said:

Yeah Okay..Let's see Sammy is 27 and his Declining..What about Lawyer Milloy..Geez it's that time of the year when all the Bills fans start ranting a whole alot of non-sense..

Justasportsfan said:
I agree. The thing is your new OC has never held his new position before and already he's going to do a better job than Turner according to Disgust? I bet Norv could've done a better job w/ a better Qb and OL.

So what ?? Your head coach has never been a head coach before..What the hell are you saying..Please start making some sense..

bigmiamifan said:
I just don't understand why you pass on a former OC for a no experience at all guy? Unless it's because Dave will be scripting the calls. Like run, run, pass, punt.

Sounds like you don't know what you are talking about..Norv and Chan has been the OC since Dave was Hired..He has the power to make Key calls, but the OC calls the plays..Do you remember what happened everytime we tried to pass last year??

Justasportsfan said:
So what is your opinion of your new OC?

Maybe turner should've used Feidler as a weapon and have him throw more instead of running RW :rolleyes: Turner did an outstanding job w/ what he had. The run should've opened up the pass but there wasn't one because Wanny insisted on keeping Fiedler as his qb and trying to buil;d the D w/ has beens like Seau and Knight.

That's why we now have Chris, Ricky, Boston and Randy because Dave Ignored the Offense..Man you are on a roll aren't you. Can you say your team have this kind of fire power on Offense ?

Justasportsfan said:
So what is your opinion of your new OC?

Maybe turner should've used Feidler as a weapon and have him throw more instead of running RW :rolleyes: Turner did an outstanding job w/ what he had. The run should've opened up the pass but there wasn't one because Wanny insisted on keeping Fiedler as his qb and trying to buil;d the D w/ has beens like Seau and Knight.

What he said except for the comment on Seau.
Turner was SEVERLY hancuffed with an inept Offense, a QB that could'nt be trusted to run many of the plays in the playbook and a coach set on playing safe.

Turner will be fine where he is and I bet he is a little relieved to be out of here.

I like the promotion of Forester as OC. Mark T and Sullivan are established but everyone has to get their chance. There is no tape for D's to study on Forester and he could suprise some people with his style of play calling. When Turner was promoted in Dallas no one thought he was much, but he took the cowboys to a couple of super bowls with some good play calling. Hopefully Forester is the same. He has some good coaches working the individual positions, if he calls the plays right the players should be well coached enough to execute. Plus we could get a few years out of him as OC before he gets a better gig. Sullivan or Tresman would get Head coach concideration if they did good. Our whole O is a project, Forester gives us the best chance at a stable OC for years to come. This scenario also lets us keep Tresman and sullivan in the fold for a couple of years. Who knows, a couple of years from now we could all be thanking the football gods for our luck on having such a group of O coaches.

Back
Top Bottom