Trestman's Pushing For Tim Brown...but Spielman Not Exactly Convinced. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trestman's Pushing For Tim Brown...but Spielman Not Exactly Convinced.

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Let us all say a prayer for our favorite football team...matter of fact, at this point, why not call in a Rabbi or a Priest to somehow combine their spiritual powers to somehow take this unbelieveable hex that has lingered over this football team for the past 6 months. You know that song on ESPN..."Ive put a Spell on you"...its no coincidence that I got the news on the David Boston saga from my old college roomate...who now resides in Houston, as I was watching that untimely, Dolphin theme song type of commercial. I mean...what is going to happen next? Someone going to slip on a bananna peel? Is someone on the offensive line going to play a pick up basketball game and turn his ankle? And we still have to worry about someone getting hurt on the infield dirt...right? I mean...is there an end to this? If you want more bad news... Drew told me the other day that Shawn Wooden's bulging disc problem will most likely lead to the next retirement...if the Epidurmal shots do not help and heal. Let me say this....Wooden is one of the most beloved players in that locker room...but some people will say that is the least of our problems...and right now...I will have to agree with that. The bottom line is that we just lost 2 main players on our offense that we counted on heavily this season...and you just cant put any positive spin on this...despite Wannys robotic comments all the time.... "we have the confidence in the people that we have..they will step up and get the job done". Ok Dave....Boston is out..no problem. Here comes the new and improved Derrious Thompson. Nobody has bought season tickets to see Derrious Thompson, Dave. Now...maybe we can live with a comittee backfield with Minor and Morris for a year...but couple that with this new problem at Wr? I think Bill Bellichek will have the Dolphins game-planned well within 2 minutes at this point in time....we have got to do something to try and improve the talent overall on this offense now...or else this is going to be the final years of both Wanny and Spielman...this I can assure you. Despite all these unfortunate problems for the Dolphins...these guys will not get a free pass from Wayne Huizenga...they must make the playoffs this season...or else there will be a cleaning house situation. These guys have to do something fast...or they will be packing there bags. Whether a trade happens with O-gun for a first class Wr or Rb...that remains a very strong possibility now. That is the one chip that the Dolphins have to get some offensive power..but they better make it right. If they want to wait it out...for the last cuts to see who falls...thats ok too...but they better bring the right guys in at that point also. There is no room for error now...the Dolphins have just got to make some personnel decisions--to get some offensive talent...which also should include a backup LT if one Wade Smith would go down...I mean who the hell on that roster goes in there? On offense...we are now a very fragile unit...and this is looking now like an offense that is going to struggle to put enough points on the board to win you the ballgame... I see the defense still being very good without O-gun...but of course I want him in there...I know what he means to the puzzle. But playing his chip right now for a front line Receiver or Running back...If I were Wanny and Spielman...knowing that this is it.... I would do whatever it takes. Now with that being said.....I have heard that the Dolphins will make an attempt to get into the Tim Brown sweepstakes...because of the way that Marc Trestman feels about his ability to still play at a starters level. It appears that Trestman still feels strong about Tim...but Spielman is very skeptical...thinking that he had seen this before---in Chris Carter. My feeling is that they will see if Brown even would consider coming down for a workout....as there are some people who think that Brown wants to reunite with Milke Shanahan or Jon Gruden. But what the Dolphins have to offer Tim is this: You come here...you start. That is why I think he would consider coming down here. So...expect him to at least get a call...and then by Tuesday...hopefully, Spielman will have something to say on what he wants to do. I dont think Brown is the answer to this unfortunate mess...but what can you do? Even if you trade for Keenan Mccardell...hes only a couple of years behind Brown? But you dont have to give up anything for Brown. Dont even bring up Oronde Gadsden...that is not even a thought. Now...what Spielman has to do is go back to all the rosters that he had in front of him only a short week ago...when Ricky retired on us...and now do it in the same manner in which Wanny stated for Ricky...."we are treating it like he was lost for the season...as if he were injured"....well now we have that prophetic situation and the phrase also with it. Now...this week...its David Boston. And Derrious Thompson is no Travis Minor... Kendall Newson is no Sammy Morris. We need Wr depth more so than Rb...all of a sudden. I will go with the tandem of MINOR and Morris...before I go into the season with Thompson and Newson...I think most of you will agree. If Chambers is taken out with double coverage now...then defenses are just goint to tee off at the quarterback. Whatever it takes now....Rick has to get help and fast. Im sorry to say it...but O-gun may be the way to get some help to save this team from a very dismal offensive showing. If not....you have to somehow rely on this defense to play just about a perfect game...just to have a chance to win the game. This is just tough for everyone I know....I personally...have never seen anything like this in all my years watching football..much less following the dolphins. I am in this for the duration....but if you do not believe in hexes or jinks at this point...but it doesn't matter. Its unfortunate--but the bottom line is that this coaching regime and Spielman have to act now to save this season...and their own welfare as well. Like I said before...Wayne will not give these guys a pass. In his mind...this team has to make the playoffs..or he will force himself to make a change. Say a prayer for both Wanny and Rick...they dont deserve this type of bad karma...but they are the ones that did not envision what would happen either...if an injury or a sudden retirement would force them to the depth chart....their depth chart. And does anyone out there think that Spielman should have signed up Pete Kendall today? Lets just hope that nobody goes down tommorrow on that offensive line. Amen.

Thanks DCH, as always it is great to get your insites and points of view. It will be interesting to see if Trestman's calling for Rick to make a push for Brown will come to fruition and if Brown would want to come here, where he has a much better chance of starting than either Denver or Tampa. I think we should try to sign him. He isn't a deep threat anymore but if the QB can get the ball to him, he still has reliable hands.

Good post, but I have one question....why do you think Rick will take the fall along with Dave?

I think, just about the only bright spot of this offseason has been the emergence of Rick Spielman as an up and coming quality GM.

I could live with losing Dave but, I would be very upset if Rick took the fall with him.

inFINSible said:
Good post, but I have one question....why do you think Rick will take the fall along with Dave?

I think, just about the only bright spot of this offseason has been the emergence of Rick Spielman as an up and coming quality GM.

I could live with losing Dave but, I would be very upset if Rick took the fall with him.

thats exactly what i was thinking...

Yeah I'm on the Keeping Rick Bandwagon. He's done some great moves this offseason.
The David Boston trade was awesome even though this injury happened. Jeno James was a great pickup and I think Feely will end up being a steal. He did a great job of keeping Carey from being a Patriot. Bua and Poole were steals and Sammy Morris looks like a steal also. Keeping Rick would be a wise thing to do.

I agree with keeping Rick. His job should be judged by the talent he brings in. He has brought in good talent.
People should stop comparing loosing Wanny with loosing Rick.

Yeah!

Now I really can't wait til next years draft!
About 8 months and 13 days away I think!

Brown woould suffice in an OJ mcduffie kind of role....not fast but can catch and move the chains etc..

If the Fins go belly up this season Wayne should fire both Rick and Dave.We need a "Real" GM not an overglorified scout who does not escape responsibility for Daves Dud picks in the past such as Fletcher etc.

CrunchTime said:
If the Fins go belly up this season Wayne should fire both Rick and Dave.We need a "Real" GM not an overglorified scout who does not escape responsibility for Daves Dud picks in the past such as Fletcher etc.

I think Rick will be great for our future now that we have money to spend!

inFINSible said:

Agree completely. Speilman is a keeper, and surely WH can see this.

If I remember right, Rick was against a lot of Dave's dumber personel moves but got overruled. We probably wouldn't have had the initial talent in minicamp this year if it weren't for Spielman. Can Dave, Keep Rick!

Does the name Boldin mean anything to you? Case in point!

If Rick was making decisions 2 years ago we wouldn't be worrying about WR depth right now!

inFINSible said:

I agree with you...and I like Rick as a GM......BUT...He is the guy that traded a boat load of stuff for a headcase RB that retired on us......and then aquirred an injury prone WR as the savior to the offense.......

Just playing devil advocate.

I would be very upset if Rick got the ax along with Wanny.

Back
Top Bottom