Trestman's Pushing For Tim Brown...but Spielman Not Exactly Convinced. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trestman's Pushing For Tim Brown...but Spielman Not Exactly Convinced.

We have depth problems and question marks everywhere on offense. OL, WR, RB, QB. I think the overall talent on our offense stinks. Our entire 0-line is a huge question mark. Younger yes, better ?????? As they go so goes our offense.

Nice post dude, but paragraphs are indeed our friends.;)

Hit that enter button a couple times next post.

I definitely needed a paragraph break or two in that post.

But, the other glaring thing missing is any mention of Jerry Sullivan and his effect on this current WR corps. This years Chambers, Thompson, Newson, & Simmons will not run routes the way they did last year. They will do it Sullivan's way. No free-lancing.

The other false concept is that teams will be able to remove Chambers from the equation. Not so fast. Chambers will benefit from playing in the slot, 3 step drop quick slants and the strategic plan to get our TE's deeper in pass routes. The Dolphins need to throw the ball to Chambers more...double team or not.

PhinstiGator said:

But, the other glaring thing missing is any mention of Jerry Sullivan and his effect on this current WR corps. This years Chambers, Thompson, Newson, & Simmons will not run routes the way they did last year. They will do it Sullivan's way. No free-lancing.

The other false concept is that teams will be able to remove Chambers from the equation. Not so fast. Chambers will benefit from playing in the slot, 3 step drop quick slants and the strategic plan to get our TE's deeper in pass routes. The Dolphins need to throw the ball to Chambers more...double team or not.

This is exactly my point in us not knowing what to expect.

It's called the X FACTOR and believe me there will be alot!

Section126 said:
I agree with you...and I like Rick as a GM......BUT...He is the guy that traded a boat load of stuff for a headcase RB that retired on us......and then aquirred an injury prone WR as the savior to the offense.......

Just playing devil advocate.

I would be very upset if Rick got the ax along with Wanny.

Wasn't Wanny still the GM back then??? :confused:

I'd keep Rick and fire Dave, but have we learned now that gambling on talented players with psychological issues and/or troubled pasts doesn't work?! Cecil Collins, Demetrius Underwood, Lawrence Whateverhisname, Ricky Williams, David Boston (I'm still convinced that DB was a juicer- how do you run out of your own patellar tendon?!). Get talent straight up through the draft and reward those that deliver (Chambers, Ogun). Trying to get something for nothing by taking guys everyone else shys away from has clearly not been successful.

pigskinguy said:
Wasn't Wanny still the GM back then??? :confused:

Spielman worked the deal for Ricky......It went like this: Wanny: "Rick...get us a big time RB." Spielman: "Which would you prefer? F. Taylor or RW?" Wanny: "RW." Spielman: "Okay."

i prefer to check out new meat in the draft... i'm tired of patching **** with crap. thats all we've been doing. Boston is a good receiver but has baggage. Ricky was a good runner but had baggage. We are turning into the insane asylum for football while the raiders is the over the hill and misfit refuge.

i'd rather have McCardell than Brown.... had both of them on my fantasy team last year, McCardell ended up being one of the best fantasy receivers. I would only give him a one or two year contract though, b/c i wouldn't want him pulling the crap on us that he is to the bucs right now.

again, you can't patch **** with crap.

PhinstiGator said:

Exactly! Jerry Sullivan has already stated this camp that Thompsons problems last season were not physical, but mental. He's working with Thompson on the mental aspect so Derrius can regain his confidence. Plus, the coaching staff is very high on Kendall Newson. Newson has been a practice player in the past, and the coaches are trying to get him to the point that he does in the games what he has done in practice. Throughout the entire season last year, Kendall Newson was reportedly dominating in practice. When he got his opportunity in the game, he didn't take advantage of it. This year, he's got a golden opportunity.

inFINSible said:
Good post, but I have one question....why do you think Rick will take the fall along with Dave?

I think, just about the only bright spot of this offseason has been the emergence of Rick Spielman as an up and coming quality GM.

I could live with losing Dave but, I would be very upset if Rick took the fall with him.
What has RS done that has made this impression on you?

He got taken for a No. 2 for a listed 3rd string QB.

He got taken by Minn in a bluff in the 1st round of the draft.

He made a good move on Boston.

He signed an injured player and announced the signing before knowing he was injured.

He overpaid for a 3rd CB.

He does not have depth at the WR position.

Jury is still out on if they believe the backs behind RW are able to get it done.

Made good move on Jeno (Might have overpaid some, but still a good move)

I'm not sure how you think he made this great impression as a up and coming GM. He panicked when Wash. got Brunell and vastly overpaid for Feeley.

Then Miami turned around and kept Fielder. If Feeley was worth a No. 2 then he should be able to start.

KBISBACK said:
Exactly! Jerry Sullivan has already stated this camp that Thompsons problems last season were not physical, but mental. He's working with Thompson on the mental aspect so Derrius can regain his confidence. Plus, the coaching staff is very high on Kendall Newson. Newson has been a practice player in the past, and the coaches are trying to get him to the point that he does in the games what he has done in practice. Throughout the entire season last year, Kendall Newson was reportedly dominating in practice. When he got his opportunity in the game, he didn't take advantage of it. This year, he's got a golden opportunity.
Never believe anything a coach says about a current player. Its all in hoping to get maximum effort out of them. Its all sugar coated.

Miami knew Boston had torn his knee up, but yet gradually let it be know.
DW was up there saying it looks like a sprain.

Coaches lie about their own players. Why hasn't anybody learned this.

JJ said back in 98 that Kirby Dar Dar would be the starter for Miami if the season started today. Dar Dar was cut before the season. He said it to get the other players concerned about their effort.

Section126 said:
Spielman worked the deal for Ricky......It went like this: Wanny: "Rick...get us a big time RB." Spielman: "Which would you prefer? F. Taylor or RW?" Wanny: "RW." Spielman: "Okay."
Talking about an injured prone savior. No one can fault RS or even DW for Ricky wanting to smoke over playing football. It's just something that came out of no where as was the David Boston injury. Those were two steals that ended up not working out when we all thought it did.

all these people looking for Ricks head are just looking for a scapegoat to justify an injury and a players decision to retire. its bullcrap

Back
Top Bottom