Trouble brewing over Jets QB's | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trouble brewing over Jets QB's

Because the concept isn't written in stone. This year, more than ever, starting lineups have played well into the 2nd qtr, if not the entire 1st half, of the 1st game. a number to top ten qb's played into the 2nd qtr, Brady & Mcnabb among them.

The excuses I've read here by Jet fans for not playing either qb is the Oline. Lets pretend the three of them do not suit up for the next game - how much does Sanchez play?

Be proactive and line up your (many) excuses as to why sanchez tanks against the ravens. (I heard he looked like crappola in todays practice - 2 for 11?!).

What's the big deal if Sanchez has a bad outing against Baltimore? He's a rookie and it's preseason. News flash: he will probably struggle at some point this year. It's all part of the learning process. You would think a Pats fan, after watching Cassel last preseason wouldn't have made a post like this.

I would like to see Sanchez and Clemens receive more PT, however.

What's the big deal if Sanchez has a bad outing against Baltimore? He's a rookie and it's preseason. News flash: he will probably struggle at some point this year. It's all part of the learning process. You would think a Pats fan, after watching Cassel last preseason wouldn't have made a post like this.

I would like to see Sanchez and Clemens receive more PT, however.

Cassel did play like crap in the preseason. Just imagine how much worse he would have looked in his 1st 3-4 starts of the reg season if he hadn't had as much time in the preseason?

My original point was either Sanchez or Clemens SHOULD be getting most if not all the 1st half reps, even in the first game, especially against a team like the rams.

I'm not sure how I'd play it if I were Rex this week. Sanchez could suffer a huge setback if he looks bad against the ravens. He's a rookie so who can judge how a bad game would affect him? Maybe he'd do the right thing and forget about it as soon as the game is over.

If he does well, it could be just the thing to catapult him to a great career. If not?

Cassel did play like crap in the preseason. Just imagine how much worse he would have looked in his 1st 3-4 starts of the reg season if he hadn't had as much time in the preseason?

My original point was either Sanchez or Clemens SHOULD be getting most if not all the 1st half reps, even in the first game, especially against a team like the rams.

I'm not sure how I'd play it if I were Rex this week. Sanchez could suffer a huge setback if he looks bad against the ravens. He's a rookie so who can judge how a bad game would affect him? Maybe he'd do the right thing and forget about it as soon as the game is over.

If he does well, it could be just the thing to catapult him to a great career. If not?

I agree with what you're saying, I'm iffy about the idea of limiting their preseason reps. Especially when Rex says he's trying to have starter named by the third preseason game and neither guy is really separating himself in practice. Both of them are very inexperienced so every snap they can get in a game-type situation is valuable.

I don't think this one game is going to sway anything one way or the other in terms of his career though. I'd like to think he's got a bit more perspective than that. He certainly has sounded like he does.

I have never seen the Jets play their starters for a full half in the 1st preseason game, and its mostly just a few series which they did last game. Just because NE and Philly decided to play them a bit longer than the usual team does don't mean crap. Look around the league! Every team only had their starters out for a couple series. The normal preseason is the first game the starters are out for a couple series, the 3rd stringers get a lot of work, then the 2nd preseason game the starters play a bit longer and 2nd stringers get most of the work. Then the 3rd preseason game the starters play a full half and sometimes in the 3rd quarter too and starters play most of the game. 4th preseason game the starters usually only play a series, this is the most boring preseason game because its backups pretty much the entire game.

Sanchez is getting more work done in training camp practice than he would in a preseason game playing against vanilla defenses. I always considered the 3rd preseason game against the Giants as a measuring stick of where the Jets are at since its usually a competitive game, so that will be a good test for Sanchez, I also think the MNF game against the Ravens will be good to see where he is right now.
But again, he seeing more in practice right now in terms of coverages. The only thing is hes not getting hit.

And the only reason Brady play so long was because of him whining about getting more playing time this preseason thinking he could of prevented the injury even though he couldn't.

Sanchez is getting more work done in training camp practice than he would in a preseason game playing against vanilla defenses.

But again, he seeing more in practice right now in terms of coverages. The only thing is hes not getting hit.

Training camp has little to nothing to do with game action, even preseason games. As you pointed out - HE CAN'T GET TOUCHED in practice! Hard to feel the real speed of the NFL when you can stand bravely in the pocket, holding onto the ball as long as he wants. It doesn't even begin to matter how 'complex' the practice defense is.

Let him take his lumps against the ravens. Play at least a qtr if not 2. If this is for all the marbles (the starters job), how's rex supposed to make an informed decision unless he does?

I have never seen the Jets play their starters for a full half in the 1st preseason game, and its mostly just a few series which they did last game. Just because NE and Philly decided to play them a bit longer than the usual team does don't mean crap. Look around the league! Every team only had their starters out for a couple series. The normal preseason is the first game the starters are out for a couple series, the 3rd stringers get a lot of work, then the 2nd preseason game the starters play a bit longer and 2nd stringers get most of the work. Then the 3rd preseason game the starters play a full half and sometimes in the 3rd quarter too and starters play most of the game. 4th preseason game the starters usually only play a series, this is the most boring preseason game because its backups pretty much the entire game.

Sanchez is getting more work done in training camp practice than he would in a preseason game playing against vanilla defenses. I always considered the 3rd preseason game against the Giants as a measuring stick of where the Jets are at since its usually a competitive game, so that will be a good test for Sanchez, I also think the MNF game against the Ravens will be good to see where he is right now.

And the only reason Brady play so long was because of him whining about getting more playing time this preseason thinking he could of prevented the injury even though he couldn't.
I agree for the most part.

Training camp has little to nothing to do with game action, even preseason games. As you pointed out - HE CAN'T GET TOUCHED in practice! Hard to feel the real speed of the NFL when you can stand bravely in the pocket, holding onto the ball as long as he wants. It doesn't even begin to matter how 'complex' the practice defense is.

Let him take his lumps against the ravens. Play at least a qtr if not 2. If this is for all the marbles (the starters job), how's rex supposed to make an informed decision unless he does?

They are in a QB competition so they will shae reps w/ the first team which limits them a bit. If Sanchez shows enough this week he'll be named the starter and he'll probably play into the 2nd half against the Giants. The way they are bringing him along is fine so far.

Was Sanchez playing against the Rams' first team D? Looked like he had all day to throw from the highlights, but he looked good doing it.

Well just so you know, Nick Mangold returned to practice and will play this week. So we won't be without 3 starters on the OL. Now who knows when Damien Woody returns, he had a concussion so he will probably be out another game.

Back
Top Bottom