Trouble brewing over Jets QB's | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trouble brewing over Jets QB's

So for the defense to be "violent" they need those players? Sorry but that doesn't cut it. Their defense looked OK but that was against the rams, and their offense is below anemic.

The sad thing is you don't realize how ridiculous you look right now.

Wow that really cleared things up. Thanks for your mind blowing analysis of my post. Tell me, please, how ridiculous do I look right now.

Overreacting to three series of 1st string defensive play in the first preseason game of the year. The Jets may or may not display the "violent" D that they've been hyping all offseason, but how about waiting until an actual meaningful game is played?

BTW, that defense did record 3 sacks in a quarter and change. But of course that's insignificant. It only counts when they do poorly.

Overreacting to three series of 1st string defensive play in the first preseason game of the year. The Jets may or may not display the "violent" D that they've been hyping all offseason, but how about waiting until an actual meaningful game is played?

BTW, that defense did record 3 sacks in a quarter and change. But of course that's insignificant. It only counts when they do poorly.

Wow you just totally made me look like a fool. I will now go crawl in my cave and never post online again. Thanks for enlightening me.

For the record, I would bet money that those guys were trying to make "violent" hits every chance they got. I'm not talking about the success of the defense I'm talking about the intensity with which they played. Please show me where I said they played poorly and you may have a leg to stand on. You seem to not really know the definition of several things. 1) violent football play 2) poor football play 3) over reaction.

Over react much?

Ya man, you really need to wait until you can pass judgements.

Anyways Sanchez was named the starter for the next preseason game, which is against the Ravens on MNF. So it will be a good test to see where he is right now.

Wow you just totally made me look like a fool. I will now go crawl in my cave and never post online again. Thanks for enlightening me.

For the record, I would bet money that those guys were trying to make "violent" hits every chance they got. I'm not talking about the success of the defense I'm talking about the intensity with which they played. Please show me where I said they played poorly and you may have a leg to stand on. You seem to not really know the definition of several things. 1) violent football play 2) poor football play 3) over reaction.

Over react much?

Ah, they did not play with enough intensity. Can't really argue there. I was hoping for a suplex on a RB at some point honestly. I think I even saw David Harris doze off in the huddle a couple times.

This argument is completely silly and I realize that this thread got completely hijacked so I'm backing out of this discussion. Back to QBs.

Ya man, you really need to wait until you can pass judgements.

Anyways Sanchez was named the starter for the next preseason game, which is against the Ravens on MNF. So it will be a good test to see where he is right now.

No Faneca, Mangold & Woody? With Suggs, Ngata, Lewis and the rest of that 'violent' defense, out to show rex they can still do it?

If Rex was worried about risking his qb's against the rams, I'm surprised if he'll allow Sanchez to do more than take a knee and get of the field this week.

No Faneca, Mangold & Woody? With Suggs, Ngata, Lewis and the rest of that 'violent' defense, out to show rex they can still do it?

If Rex was worried about risking his qb's against the rams, I'm surprised if he'll allow Sanchez to do more than take a knee and get of the field this week.

Faneca is out, but Mangold and Woody is TBD still. And it was the first preseason game, you don't play your starters that much (For most teams). And the starting offense was out for 3 series that game, Clemens for 2 and Sanchez for 1. I don't get why you don't understand this concept.

Faneca is out, but Mangold and Woody is TBD still. And it was the first preseason game, you don't play your starters that much (For most teams). And the starting offense was out for 3 series that game, Clemens for 2 and Sanchez for 1. I don't get why you don't understand this concept.

Because the concept isn't written in stone. This year, more than ever, starting lineups have played well into the 2nd qtr, if not the entire 1st half, of the 1st game. a number to top ten qb's played into the 2nd qtr, Brady & Mcnabb among them.

The excuses I've read here by Jet fans for not playing either qb is the Oline. Lets pretend the three of them do not suit up for the next game - how much does Sanchez play?

Be proactive and line up your (many) excuses as to why sanchez tanks against the ravens. (I heard he looked like crappola in todays practice - 2 for 11?!).

Your missing the point. It was the first preseason game.

No, you're missing the point. The term "violent" has nothing to do with whether or not the defense showed most of their blitz packages, it's early in the year, all their starters weren't in etc...

It has to do with the violence, or for lack of a better word, force with which the hits were made. I saw average NFL hits, and I saw nothing that would astound me as far as the violence with which their defense played. Especially on #57's part.

Do you understand my point now? Are you saying that since it's preseason that they aren't hitting as hard as they would in the regular season? If that's what you're saying please explain to me WHY someone would let up on a tackle since it's "just preseason". For me that's hard to believe, if i were a coach and my players were playing lazy football just because it's preseason I would be pissed. That leads to bad habits.

No, you're missing the point. The term "violent" has nothing to do with whether or not the defense showed most of their blitz packages, it's early in the year, all their starters weren't in etc...

It has to do with the violence, or for lack of a better word, force with which the hits were made. I saw average NFL hits, and I saw nothing that would astound me as far as the violence with which their defense played. Especially on #57's part.

Do you understand my point now? Are you saying that since it's preseason that they aren't hitting as hard as they would in the regular season? If that's what you're saying please explain to me WHY someone would let up on a tackle since it's "just preseason". For me that's hard to believe, if i were a coach and my players were playing lazy football just because it's preseason I would be pissed. That leads to bad habits.

Hitting hard or not hitting hard that's not the point. A tackle is a tackle isnt it? You dont have to "jack someone up" in order to play a "violent" style of defense. If the Jets defense was a top 5 D this season but they didnt hit people hard do really think anybody would care?

There saying there going to be getting after people and hitting people hard and blah blah blah all that stuff. People say that stuff all the time. It doesnt mean there always going to do it. You cant "jack somebody up" on every single play.

And its still the first preseason game. You still have to give it time even if you were just looking for big hits.

If rex was afraid to play Sanchez tonight for more than a series, do you think he'll let him play in the 3rd game, against the Giants and their rush? The rams blow! Let the kid gain confidence.

Why was he afraid to play him? He was supposed to play 2 series, he had him in for one where everything went almost perfect so he took him out feeling great about himself.

Their defense didn't look like the "violent" defense that's been promised by Ryan. What happened?

You guys aren't serious, are you? If Miami's starters played the way the Jets did and if Henne played the way Sanchez did we'd see SB declarations today. The Jets starting units played well despite missing 6 starters inclduing their 2 best defensive players. The QBs played well including Sanchez who didn't look like a scared rookie out there.

W/ that said I don't care what Sanchez's #s were even though they were good. he looked confident out there and threw the ball very well. It was a great start for him but it was just a start. he has alot more to prove before I start feeling good about our QBs THIS YEAR.

Because the concept isn't written in stone. This year, more than ever, starting lineups have played well into the 2nd qtr, if not the entire 1st half, of the 1st game. a number to top ten qb's played into the 2nd qtr, Brady & Mcnabb among them.

The excuses I've read here by Jet fans for not playing either qb is the Oline. Lets pretend the three of them do not suit up for the next game - how much does Sanchez play?

Be proactive and line up your (many) excuses as to why sanchez tanks against the ravens. (I heard he looked like crappola in todays practice - 2 for 11?!).

So b/c Philly and NE played their starters into the 2nd qtr it means the rest of the league has to?

It's normal not to play starters deep into the 2nd qtr, we had opur starters in through the 1st and qtr and a half. Sanchez had a great first drive and they took him out feeling great. You guys are reading way too much into the 1st preseason game.

It's hysterical how there aren't multiple threads on Sanchez playing well and the excuses are it's only one drive in preseason but had he played poorly we would have seen 9 threads and everyoner would have said "I told you he wasn't ready, he only had 16 starts in college":lol:

Seems like quite a few people have moved on from the Tom Brady won't be the same front as well....

I thought Sanchez displayed the most important thing a young quarterback can really exhibit at this early stage....and that's CONFIDENCE in himself....

Making the right decision with the football will come in time....what you want to see is for him to make a decision and go with it....not be indecisive....whether it's the right one or not at this point is irrelevant....

Back
Top Bottom