Tua, Tannehill, Rosen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua, Tannehill, Rosen

Okay. I'm ignorant of the Xs and Os of the game, so I don't pay attention to these little details that others can clearly see; I'm basically a casual fan. That said, I still think he looks good in the highlight videos! :chuckle:
First rule of highlight videos: everyone looks good in highlight videos. ;)

The problem is that people thought of Chad Henne as not limited in throws to his arm strength, but in fact he was very limited since he could basically only throw straight line throws. He had no idea how to throw a touch pass, and did not know how to get to throw the ball up and let a playmaker like Marshall go get it. And that's not to mention that his biggest problem was he simply wasn't a winner - he was a choke artist who never threw three TD's in a game for us because if he had two successful drives, he'd start throwing inexplicble picks. He was just a disaster.

He's with KC now and has made an effective backup in the league. Even sealed a playoff win for KC last year.
Agreed, I thought Matt Moore was better.

Rosen is the best of the bunch. Damn shame what he’s gone through. I still hope he gets the chance to start for a team with talent around him that believes in him
Rosen has arm talent in spades, and I'm really rooting for the guy, but he's really limited by poor field awareness, and unfortunately his personality doesn't seem to be one that gets his teammates on board like a normal NFL QB.

No doubt though, at least with us, you couldn't have given a guy a more unfair shot. Team made a decision on the season before Rosen ever took a regular season snap.

Agreed, I thought Matt Moore was better.
Matt Moore is still the only Dolphin since 2008 to win a playoff clinching game, and he did it putting up two thirty spots in a row against division opponents in December in games that experts on here gave him "no chance".

I'll always hate Adam Gase for undercutting Moore with giving Cutler an uncontested starting job, but seeing as that was basically the start of his unraveling and subsequent firing less than two years later, and he got fired again two years after that and is now a coordinator for a high school team, maybe we should call it even.

Matt Moore is still the only Dolphin since 2008 to win a playoff clinching game, and he did it putting up two thirty spots in a row against division opponents in December in games that experts on here gave him "no chance".

I'll always hate Adam Gase for undercutting Moore with giving Cutler an uncontested starting job, but seeing as that was basically the start of his unraveling and subsequent firing less than two years later, and he got fired again two years after that and is now a coordinator for a high school team, maybe we should call it even.
That was an undermanned squad too. I mean the Jets and Bills weren't very good but that Miami defense was loaded with special teamers and street free agents due to injury. Those were big wins, no doubt. I thought he was better than Henne in 2011. There was a Monday night game against NE in 2010 where I felt Belechick figured him out and show cased it too the league. He struggled from that point forward to the point where Sparano tried Pennington’s corpse. It didn’t work out.

Rosen is the best of the bunch. Damn shame what he’s gone through. I still hope he gets the chance to start for a team with talent around him that believes in him
How the hell is Rosen better than Tannehill?

clown-mask.gif

That was an undermanned squad too. I mean the Jets and Bills weren't very good but that Miami defense was loaded with special teamers and street free agents due to injury. Those were big wins, no doubt. I thought he was better than Henne in 2011. There was a Monday night game against NE in 2010 where I felt Belechick figured him out and show cased it too the league. He struggled from that point forward to the point where Sparano tried Pennington’s corpse. It didn’t work out.
On offense we were pretty good - I mean except for the fact that we lost our starting QB, we had DVP, Landry, and Stills, plus Ajayi. The makings of a really good offense if Gase hadn't gotten rid of two of them and doghoused the most physically talented of all of them.

But defense was just on fumes, we had lost Reshad Jones earlier in the year and when we lost our second starting safety right before half at the Bills we basically didn't get a defensive stop the rest of the season. Any play that got to the second level was a big play since we had street free agents there who just couldn't take angles of any sort. Mario Williams was also deactivated before the playoff game too.

Tua the worst of all of them it's like a bad dream

If your draft philosophy is don't draft X player from X school then you are probably not a very good GM which would explain why you are on this board and not in an NFL front office.
You must not watch college football.

Like these fools really roll these young QBs out there with horrible offensive lines and bottom of the barrel running backs and think the sh1t is going to be sweet.

The whole offense and Dline need to be blown up. Fire Grier and all coaches except for Flo. Brin in a mew GM to decide the fate of Flo and remaining players

We, as fans Expect Miami to scout better than we do. That's the team's job. Self-scout, REALLY Know your personnel and then know to look for in college or other teams' players.
The rate in which Grier and his staff, no matter What position he was in in his career, fail to acquire the right anything is amazing.

We, as fans Expect Miami to scout better than we do. That's the team's job. Self-scout, REALLY Know your personnel and then know to look for in college or other teams' players.
The rate in which Grier and his staff, no matter What position he was in in his career, fail to acquire the right anything is amazing.
This is true. People ask at times, what player would you ___? What coach would you hire? And it's like, hey, I've got a job and I don't get access to the resources these guys do. I don't get to breakdown film all day. I don't get to call high school and college coaches as well as equipment managers. I don't get to interview guys.

I don't get to know all prospective players and coaches in the league, but I do get to know the guys that are on the Dolphins, or at least heavily on their radar. And we make some moves sometimes with so many holes that you could drive Solomon Kindley through after he ate 3 more cheeseburgers. I can tell you when draft a guy and can only rave about character (Charles Harris) or family (Ted Ginn) it probably wasn't a good football move. I can tell you when you bring in one of the most lackadaisical and inconsistent QB's in the league out of retirement, it's gonna divide your team (Jay Cutler) I can tell you if you draft a physically slight and injured QB from Alabama you don't want to throw him behind a line with no legitimate NFL linemen and no running game to help out.

The sad thing is the guys who are actually involved in the game use their knowledge to justify their own bad decisions. A head coach wants the QB he can "run his entire offense" with. A fan can see clearly sometimes that the QB has proven to play like garbage over and over. A GM will come up with all kind of reasons for why he can trade a star, game-changing player for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, a fan can see clearly that the guy who traded him has his 2nd and 3rd round picks end up being backup caliber players.

It's frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom