Tua vs. Herbert/Burrow | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs. Herbert/Burrow

Face it... Herbert better than we thought.. he would be. It no reason knock herbert..problems w herbert is k.c.. he need make that offense better to win in afc west..
I'll say it again...

Herbert last year was what Herbert was in college. Uber talented player that's missing something at the end of games and it will consistently cost his team wins until he figures it out. If Herbert plays exactly like he did last year every year of his career, he's going to get a lot of coaches fired.

He doesn't play well under pressure. He just doesn't.

I'll say it again...

Herbert last year was what Herbert was in college. Uber talented player that's missing something at the end of games and it will consistently cost his team wins until he figures it out. If Herbert plays exactly like he did last year every year of his career, he's going to get a lot of coaches fired.

Just as true in college as it was last year. We definitely saw it coming

I'll say it again...

I certainly wouldn't take Herbert over Tua or Burrow. I agree that he still showed the same late game struggles last year that he showed in college. For Herbert I think it's a processing speed thing. He's a phenomenal athlete, but his decision-making is below that of Tua and Burrow.

You went back 50 years when there wasn't a single QB in the league that threw for 2900 yards to draw a parallel with Tua and you want to be taken more seriously than the guy who started this thread with Joe Burrow is known as a strong-armed QB?

If it means that much to you **** it you can have it. Seems like a waste of time on my end.
Big Ben, Elway, and Brady go back 50 years?? Damn I really need to give up drinking it's clearly messing with my timeline.

I'll say it again...

The way Burrow, Tua or hurst played last yr I would say that about all them at this point of there career

This is where you're wrong, dudeski.

If you want a base statistical measure to be the hill you want to die on (or RoY), go right ahead. When one QB gets 766 YAC and the other gets 2,215... one may want to look deeper at the actual numbers, but you won't because it isn't good for your narrative so go off.

You got us good with ESPN player profile numbers.

Herbert is now better than Dak Prescott. Quick, someone tell Jerry Jones!
IMO, there is a difference between PLAYING better and BEING better. Herbert played better than Tua last year, does that mean Herbert will BE better than Tua? No. Last year is our only sample so for now it's all we can objectively base things on.

I'm not ready to say that Herbert is better than Dak Prescott quite yet (not that i think Dak Prescott is that special of a QB), but Herbert definitely played better than Prescott last year, considering Prescott only played 5 games.

I'll say it again...

So what you are saying is throwing for 4600 yards, 33 TDs, 11 INT's, and having a QB rating of 98.3 will get a lot of coaches fired,
but throwing for 3225 yards, 20 TDs, 9 INTs, and a QB rating of 87.1 is better because the 4th quarter performance is better???

You do realize that it's TOTAL points scored that wins a game, right? Not just points scored at the end. And Tua doesn't have exclusive rights on improving.

And before you question my numbers, those are Herbert's and Tua's stats extrapolated to 16 games.

It's unreal, Herbert had the best season EVER by a rookie QB, and you guys can't give him the credit he deserves because somehow it takes away from Tua in your eyes.

So what you are saying is throwing for 4600 yards, 33 TDs, 11 INT's, and having a QB rating of 98.3 will get a lot of coaches fired,
but throwing for 3225 yards, 20 TDs, 9 INTs, and a QB rating of 87.1 is better because the 4th quarter performance is better???

You do realize that it's TOTAL points scored that wins a game, right? Not just points scored at the end. And Tua doesn't have exclusive rights on improving.

And before you question my numbers, those are Herbert's and Tua's stats extrapolated to 16 games.

It's unreal, Herbert had the best season EVER by a rookie QB, and you guys can't give him the credit he deserves because somehow it takes away from Tua in your eyes.
Herbert isn't above criticism.

Herbert has his faults. They are well known, they've been around since before last year and they have nothing to do with Tua.

Gotcha, which is why he selectively used Big Ben and Elway as the examples of going back 50 years. Whatever, man. Have a good day.
He was correctly pointing out the ignorance of that poster who said he HAD to use Griese, when he didn't have to because he included more recent examples as well.

I know reading's hard, bud. You'll get there.

That's a lot of pretty stats for someone who was 2-9 with wins coming against the Jags and Jets.

What I'm saying is that despite the pretty numbers, it didn't translate into wins because he's a front running QB and was a front running QB since college. He's the NBA player who scores 25, but in a close game in the 4th quarter he's throwing up bricks and turning the ball over. Sure, you can point to his 25 points and say he wasn't a big reason for the loss, but the difference between pretenders and contenders are the guys like Brady who finish the job.

Tua needs to play better in general and Herbert needs to play better when it actually matters so his team can win. He's the prototypical underachiever and that's the type of guy who gets coaches fired fyi.

"Why can't he put it all together?"

Back
Top Bottom