Tua vs. Herbert/Burrow | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs. Herbert/Burrow

That's a lot of pretty stats for someone who was 2-9 with wins coming against the Jags and Jets.

What I'm saying is that despite the pretty numbers, it didn't translate into wins because he's a front running QB and was a front running QB since college. He's the NBA player who scores 25, but in a close game in the 4th quarter he's throwing up bricks and turning the ball over. Sure, you can point to his 25 points and say he wasn't a big reason for the loss, but the difference between pretenders and contenders are the guys like Brady who finish the job.

Tua needs to play better in general and Herbert needs to play better when it actually matters so his team can win. He's the prototypical underachiever and that's the type of guy who gets coaches fired fyi.

"Why can't he put it all together?"
First off, he went 6-9, not 2-9, secondly, you are going to knock him for beating teams that he should've beaten? Ok. Thirdly, Herbert played 2 teams in his last 4 games that Tua played against, and Tua was benched against both those common teams while Herbert played great against both. Additionally, LA had the 23rd ranked scoring D and only forced 17 turnovers, which needs to take some responsibility for a few of their losses. Miami conversely had the 6th ranked scoring D and forced 30 turnovers, giving Tua much more support than Herbert.

Have you even looked at Herbert's performance in his last 4 games after his poor performance against the Patriots? 4-0, 8 TDs, 1 INT, and a passer rating of 112. Seriously, your love of Tua is skewing your perception. You talk about how Herbert finishes games? How about how he finished the season? Does that not show improvement in the "finishing" area? Is that not "putting it all together"?

"Herbert ends the season with NFL rookie records for most passing touchdowns (31), most total touchdowns (36), most completions (396), most 300-yard games (eight) and most games with multiple passing touchdowns (10). He was also 39 yards shy of setting the single-season record for most passing yards by a rookie" . BEST. ROOKIE. QB. SEASON. EVER. You cannot take that away from him.

Haters gonna Hate I guess.

First off, he went 6-9, not 2-9, secondly, you are going to knock him for beating teams that he should've beaten? Ok. Thirdly, Herbert played 2 teams in his last 4 games that Tua played against, and Tua was benched against both those common teams while Herbert played great against both. Additionally, LA had the 23rd ranked scoring D and only forced 17 turnovers, which needs to take some responsibility for a few of their losses. Miami conversely had the 6th ranked scoring D and forced 30 turnovers, giving Tua much more support than Herbert.

Have you even looked at Herbert's performance in his last 4 games after his poor performance against the Patriots? 4-0, 8 TDs, 1 INT, and a passer rating of 112. Seriously, your love of Tua is skewing your perception. You talk about how Herbert finishes games? How about how he finished the season? Does that not show improvement in the "finishing" area? Is that not "putting it all together"?

"Herbert ends the season with NFL rookie records for most passing touchdowns (31), most total touchdowns (36), most completions (396), most 300-yard games (eight) and most games with multiple passing touchdowns (10). He was also 39 yards shy of setting the single-season record for most passing yards by a rookie" . BEST. ROOKIE. QB. SEASON. EVER. You cannot take that away from him.

When you criticize Tua, it's justified. When someone dares criticize a QB on another team, it's hate. Got it.

"Herbert ends the season with NFL rookie records for most passing touchdowns (31), most total touchdowns (36), most completions (396), most 300-yard games (eight) and most games with multiple passing touchdowns (10). He was also 39 yards shy of setting the single-season record for most passing yards by a rookie" . BEST.STATISTICAL. ROOKIE. QB. SEASON. EVER. You cannot take that away from him.

Having the best stats doesn't mean you had the best season ever anymore than having the best stats in a career mean you had the best career ever . When Brett Favre retired he had the most passing yards, most TDs, most completions, and 2nd most 300 yard games in a career. Yet most non packer fans did not consider him to be the best QB ever, don't even think he's top 5 in most peoples list.

More excuses.

Now we're at the hypocrisy phase, I suppose.

And you don't seem to understand the overriding point that keeps being repeated to you. Herbert plays well when there is no pressure. When the team is 2-9 and out of playoff contention, do you think I give a **** what he did in the last 4 games when the season is already over? There... was... no... pressure.

That's his M.O.

You seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time on the forum defending Herbert for someone who proclaims to be a Dolphin fan.

Haters gonna hate indeed.

Now we're at the hypocrisy phase, I suppose.

And you don't seem to understand the overriding point that keeps being repeated to you. Herbert plays well when there is no pressure. When the team is 2-9 and out of playoff contention, do you think I give a **** what he did in the last 4 games when the season is already over? There... was... no... pressure.

That's his M.O.

You seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time on the forum defending Herbert for someone who proclaims to be a Dolphin fan.

Haters gonna hate indeed.
FYI, defending a player, especially one deserving of it, does not equate to "Hating" on anyone except to a select group in this forum. Trust me when I say I'll be as big of a Tua cheerleader as you will be this year. Have a great day.

Last edited:
FYI, defending a player, especially one deserving of it, does not equate to "Hating" on anyone except to a select group in this forum. Trust me when I say I'll be as big of a Tua cheerleader as you will be this year. Have a great day.
You're the one that brought up being a hater because I actually pointed out faults in Herbert's game.

Jesus, the hypocrisy is too much and again you're all over the place.

Have a great day too~

You're the one that brought up being a hater because I actually pointed out faults in Herbert's game.

Jesus, the hypocrisy is too much and again you're all over the place.

Have a great day too~
Dude, only pointing out faults in someone that had a great level of success without acknowledging anything positive they did is the definition of being a hater. Defending said person from said hate is not hating. There's no hypocrisy here.

Whatever, Go Dolphins!

Dude, only pointing out faults in someone that had a great level of success without acknowledging anything positive they did is the definition of being a hater. Defending said person from said hate is not hating. There's no hypocrisy here.

Whatever, Go Dolphins!
I literally said Herbert had a better season than Tua. You just don't read.

In this entire conversation I've said more good things about Herbert (one) than you've said about Tua (none) and yet you label me the hater and you're just good ol' objective guy.

Spare me.

I literally said Herbert had a better season than Tua. You just don't read.

In this entire conversation I've said more good things about Herbert (one) than you've said about Tua (none) and yet you label me the hater and you're just good ol' objective guy.

Spare me.
Fair enough, but I wasn't only referring to you. There are many who, inexplicably, cannot bring themselves to give credit where credit is due.

I've said before that Tua played really well against Arizona, LA, and Cinci. He showed flashes against KC. Other than that and the fact that he had the fortitude to come back from a horrific injury, there's not a ton of positives to say about him YET. I certainly hope that changes, and I'll be the first to sing his praises when it does.

@bdizzle00 , I have zero issues with anything you said about Herbert except "the dolphins make the playoffs with Herbert" That's total conjecture, that's why it weakens other things you've said.

@bdizzle00 , I have zero issues with anything you said about Herbert except "the dolphins make the playoffs with Herbert" That's total conjecture, that's why it weakens other things you've said.
That's fine, but that's not what I said. I said the Dolphins make the playoffs with Herbert's "performance" at the QB position. Meaning substitute his stats with our QBs stats, and we win another game or 2 and make the playoffs. I guess that's conjecture, but it's reasonable. You can argue about talent difference and all of that all day long. Did Tua get the most out of the talent he had around him? I don't know.

That's fine, but that's not what I said. I said the Dolphins make the playoffs with Herbert's "performance" at the QB position. Meaning substitute his stats with our QBs stats, and we win another game or 2 and make the playoffs. I guess that's conjecture, but it's reasonable. You can argue about talent difference and all of that all day long. Did Tua get the most out of the talent he had around him? I don't know.
It would be nice if one could swap stats with a different team but you know it's not that simple.

But but but he doesn’t play the what if game lol just everyone else does!!!
This coming from the group of posters that hangs their hats on things like “what if he had more talent around him”, and “what if he were better recovered from injury?”. Please man.

This coming from the group of posters that hangs their hats on things like “what if he had more talent around him”, and “what if he were better recovered from injury?”. Please man.
Why you insist on putting words in my mouth I don’t kno? Please you are better than this - Give the players more than 9 games

Back
Top Bottom