Tua vs Trevor - The Truth: Analysis | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs Trevor - The Truth: Analysis

what biased garbage this whole thread is, the original videos are unbearable and the OP has an Alabama sig...yeah I'll pass on wasting my time here.

A freshmen is throwing back shoulder fades to WRs in the national championship game and its 50/50 balls? lol

Anybody that comes in this thread and the only reaction they have is to accuse everything of being biased - is biased. That's how you folks out yourselves.

But a quick search of your post history pretty much eliminates you from being able to function in society, and you go straight to the top floor of the Jake Wrong Hospital for Biased People.

Learn football first. Then come back.

what biased garbage this whole thread is, the original videos are unbearable and the OP has an Alabama sig...yeah I'll pass on wasting my time here.

A freshmen is throwing back shoulder fades to WRs in the national championship game and its 50/50 balls? lol
Then,please...support your side of the argument with some analysis and facts...We'll listen...just throw out something more than.."He's taller" and "the other guy plays for Bama,so we must hate him."

@TedSlimmJr question for ya sir. I'm finally sucking it up and fully behind the tank after saying no no no no. I've only seen Tua sparingly, and it seems like the bits and pieces of his games i watch, it just happens to always be when he's getting pressured and not overly doing anything. I've seen a lot of his highlights tho where he is killing it and looks friggin elite.

but anyways to get to my question... i STILL honestly hope that Rosen somehow gets to play and that he by some chance in hell looks like a savior behind this OL so we dont HAVE to draft QB. BUT if we get Tua #1 and are not able to shore up but about 3/5 of the OL. (i know you werent a fan of Dieter but hope he can ammount to a good starter), do you play Tua off the bat behind a make shift OL or do you go into training camp with Rosen as starter.

Do you think this could be the endgame in their mindsets. Rosen in 2020 behind a line that is a little bit better than it is in 2019 while Tua sits for the year..then trade Rosen after 2020 season allowing his value to get us whatever in return, and then maybe going into 2021 with an OL fully set (hopefuly) and with Tua having a full off season at the reigns. Or in your opinion would it be better to just throw him behind a makeshift OL and see him get killed.

@TedSlimmJr question for ya sir. I'm finally sucking it up and fully behind the tank after saying no no no no. I've only seen Tua sparingly, and it seems like the bits and pieces of his games i watch, it just happens to always be when he's getting pressured and not overly doing anything. I've seen a lot of his highlights tho where he is killing it and looks friggin elite.

but anyways to get to my question... i STILL honestly hope that Rosen somehow gets to play and that he by some chance in hell looks like a savior behind this OL so we dont HAVE to draft QB. BUT if we get Tua #1 and are not able to shore up but about 3/5 of the OL. (i know you werent a fan of Dieter but hope he can ammount to a good starter), do you play Tua off the bat behind a make shift OL or do you go into training camp with Rosen as starter.

Do you think this could be the endgame in their mindsets. Rosen in 2020 behind a line that is a little bit better than it is in 2019 while Tua sits for the year..then trade Rosen after 2020 season allowing his value to get us whatever in return, and then maybe going into 2021 with an OL fully set (hopefuly) and with Tua having a full off season at the reigns. Or in your opinion would it be better to just throw him behind a makeshift OL and see him get killed.

I think I understand your question - but I'm not sure.

I don't like to see any young quarterback just be thrown in behind a bad offensive line. It's just not going to work out for you - or him. Even if it's a truly special quarterback that's able to overcome a bad offensive line as a young quarterback like Andrew Luck - you're just going to shorten his career and get him hurt.

However, I think you're touching on the bigger point here. No matter who the QB is for the Dolphins - and you can pin this on Grier, Tbum, Flores, Ross, Googs, Gase, McKenzie, Allen, or the man in the moon I don't care - Miami has to do a better job of identifying and acquiring offensive lineman. Doesn't matter if it's through the draft or via free agency.

There's average offensive lines, below average offensive lines, and bad offensive lines.

Then there's what Miami is fixing to put out there.

I just hope he doesn't clap his hands for the snap when he's with us...

Does the kid ever play under center?

Won't he be asked to turn his back to the D in the NFL?

How much work needed on his drops? Play action? Etc.

I get the quick processing and gets the ball out fast + accuracy.

Wonder how much (if any) under center will impact him???

I'll defer to the gurus...

Hhmm..I expected as much...Just put some analysis out there for the debate...but every thread on this forum is by fanboys...hence it's a forum for fans.

I'm getting on board this Tua train because I've done a bit more research over labor day. I only have scars from the sabres/Lakers tanking years that keep me weary.

My issue is keeping him confident on bad teams. we won't magically ascend to competitive football within a year. That means he will have to play with some inferior talent even by NFL standards. if he loses confidence it can get ugly quick.

Funny thread between 2 sets of fanboys essentially

Nick, I realize there are no Miami Hurricane players in this thread for you to come try to sell how underrated I have them ranked - but please only post if you have something relevant to the thread to discuss. You are the absolute picture in the dictionary beside the definition of a know nothing fanboy. I was coaching football probably long before you born.

I think I understand your question - but I'm not sure.

I don't like to see any young quarterback just be thrown in behind a bad offensive line. It's just not going to work out for you - or him. Even if it's a truly special quarterback that's able to overcome a bad offensive line as a young quarterback like Andrew Luck - you're just going to shorten his career and get him hurt.

However, I think you're touching on the bigger point here. No matter who the QB is for the Dolphins - and you can pin this on Grier, Tbum, Flores, Ross, Googs, Gase, McKenzie, Allen, or the man in the moon I don't care - Miami has to do a better job of identifying and acquiring offensive lineman. Doesn't matter if it's through the draft or via free agency.

There's average offensive lines, below average offensive lines, and bad offensive lines.

Then there's what Miami is fixing to put out there.

So then you feel about like me then. Sit him for a year..let Rosen start and get line built for 2021. Didnt know if you felt he was so generational that he should just be thrown out there.

Funny thread between 2 sets of fanboys essentially

And you're not 100% correct on this. I've enjoyed watching highlights of both qbs, but I'm a holton ahlers fanboy cause go ECU. And my second fave is gonna be sam Howell since he played high school ball a mile from me and he plays for my 2md fav school (1st in ncaabb). So not a fanboy, just said I'm finally on board, acceptance

I'm just shocked there's this many people questioning the greatness of Tua or the greatness of a TFR QB..

Yet there's people in the world that absolutely love Justin ****ing Herbert. That's the real crime.

I just hope he doesn't clap his hands for the snap when he's with us...

Does the kid ever play under center?

Won't he be asked to turn his back to the D in the NFL?

How much work needed on his drops? Play action? Etc.

I get the quick processing and gets the ball out fast + accuracy.

Wonder how much (if any) under center will impact him???

I'll defer to the gurus...

You don't turn your back to the defense running RPO's or zone reads out of the shotgun. You don't do it in the NFL either.

But yes he does play under center. You've commented on Tua to bash him far more than you've ever actually seen him play.

Under Sarkisian, he's now marrying a lot of the RPO's with the WCO principles of Sark's offense - Sark's NFL offense. You can implement those same concepts out of the shotgun that you can from under center. If you hand the ball off to the RB from under center, you're going to hand it to him 3-4 yards behind the LOS. You're going to hand it to him 3-4 yards behind the LOS in the shotgun also.

Let me ask you this - where are all Trevor's snaps operating from under center and turning his back to the defense. To follow that up, how much did Deshaun Watson operate under center and turn his back to the defense in the same system? A third bonus question, how many NFL OC's has Trevor played under compared to Tua?

I'll hang up and listen...

Since we got 8 videos from an Alabama fan that was sore in January LOL here's a piece done by the always insightful Ian Wharton. He does qb breakdowns for the draft eligible qbs and decided before the season to look at Trevor Lawrence.

Pretty solid article with play breakdowns.

I'm just shocked there's this many people questioning the greatness of Tua or the greatness of a TFR QB..

Yet there's people in the world that absolutely love Justin ****ing Herbert. That's the real crime.
Bama bias(LOL)....If Tua was throwing dimes in a Canes uni,they would be talking a lot differently.

Back
Top Bottom