Tua vs Trevor - The Truth: Analysis | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs Trevor - The Truth: Analysis

Since we got 8 videos from an Alabama fan that was sore in January LOL here's a piece done by the always insightful Ian Wharton. He does qb breakdowns for the draft eligible qbs and decided before the season to look at Trevor Lawrence.

Pretty solid article with play breakdowns.
Hey man,I love Tua...but don't think i would jump off a bld'g if for some reason we ended up with Trevor.
I just think Tua is better for what scheme ,we will be running.

Since we got 8 videos from an Alabama fan that was sore in January LOL here's a piece done by the always insightful Ian Wharton. He does qb breakdowns for the draft eligible qbs and decided before the season to look at Trevor Lawrence.

Pretty solid article with play breakdowns.

I'm not even going to read it and I bet he says the exact same thing I just said. Except he's going to overhype Trevor.

Just keep all these articles by these football guru's handy so they're easy to find in about 5 years.

Clemson is still just Auburn with a lake.

I'm not even going to read it and I bet he says the exact same thing I just said. Except he's going to overhype Trevor.

Just keep all these articles by these football guru's handy so they're easy to find in about 5 years.

Clemson is still just Auburn with a lake.

Gives play examples and talks about his accuracy at certain parts of the field realitive to other all time college qbs. No overhype at all.

But hey, you loved Jamies Winston and he's an absolute failure, so I'll take my chances. Gotta take the field on this one.

You don't turn your back to the defense running RPO's or zone reads out of the shotgun. You don't do it in the NFL either.

But yes he does play under center. You've commented on Tua to bash him far more than you've ever actually seen him play.

Under Sarkisian, he's now marrying a lot of the RPO's with the WCO principles of Sark's offense - Sark's NFL offense. You can implement those same concepts out of the shotgun that you can from under center. If you hand the ball off to the RB from under center, you're going to hand it to him 3-4 yards behind the LOS. You're going to hand it to him 3-4 yards behind the LOS in the shotgun also.

Let me ask you this - where are all Trevor's snaps operating from under center and turning his back to the defense. To follow that up, how much did Deshaun Watson operate under center and turn his back to the defense in the same system? A third bonus question, how many NFL OC's has Trevor played under compared to Tua?

I'll hang up and listen...

Dude... What?

Show me a quote where I've bashed this kid?

Maybe you missed my question. Of course shot gun NFL you don't turn your back on D!

I mean -- come on! I'm not knocking the kid in ANY way. No reason to be defensive.

If he's great and the Dolphins can land him I'm like totally all in. End of story.

I guess my bigger point is -- The Dolphins are running a O Brady has excelled in --

more classic pocket -- under center a lot -- so drops, play action etc. included.

Is this kid a good fit in that kind of system -- or does he need a RPO shotgun "college stuff..."

As far as Trevor, he's still proving himself IMO and certainly not expecting him available in 20.

Gives play examples and talks about his accuracy at certain parts of the field realitive to other all time college qbs. No overhype at all.

But hey, you loved Jamies Winston and he's an absolute failure, so I'll take my chances. Gotta take the field on this one.

Jameis is right there with Phillip Rivers and Trevor as the 3 best freshman quarterbacks I've ever seen. Trevor has a long ways to go to be as good as Jameis even as he's underachieved in the NFL.

Dude... What?

Show me a quote where I've bashed this kid?

Maybe you missed my question. Of course shot gun NFL you don't turn your back on D!

I mean -- come on! I'm not knocking the kid in ANY way. No reason to be defensive.

If he's great and the Dolphins can land him I'm like totally all in. End of story.

I guess my bigger point is -- The Dolphins are running a O Brady has excelled in --

more classic pocket -- under center a lot -- so drops, play action etc. included.

Is this kid a good fit in that kind of system -- or does he need a RPO shotgun "college stuff..."

As far as Trevor, he's still proving himself IMO and certainly not expecting him available in 20.

You've got too many posts for me to go search through all of 'em. I've seen you bash Tua, Bama, Saban and everything else related to Bama on the main forum. You know it.

I've seen you praise Trevor and bash Tua over one game.

You think you're so goddamn smart when it comes to football so you tell me smart ass. You answer your own questions.

Jameis is right there with Phillip Rivers and Trevor as the 3 best freshman quarterbacks I've ever seen. Trevor has a long ways to go to be as good as Jameis even as he's underachieved in the NFL.

Jameis as a college prospect was sensational. I'm just busting you balls my friend, you know I love and respect the hell out Bama and Tua.

But I hope we smash them again in 4 months...

You've got too many posts for me to go search through all of 'em. I've seen you bash Tua, Bama, Saban and everything else related to Bama on the main forum. You know it.

I've seen you praise Trevor and bash Tua over one game.

You think you're so goddamn smart when it comes to football so you tell me smart ***. You answer your own questions.

Wow.

Totally revealing IMO.

All good.

But of course you offer no evidence because I've NEVER bashed the kid!

EVER! So in your mind if anyone likes Trevor that's "bashing" Tua???

OK.

:lol:

The thread from Seth has some good play breakdowns in it, good stuff.

Everything Clemson does is based off 4-verts, it just turns into a 50/50 ball or a back shoulder throw because of the talent of the receivers. You're not fooling me with this twitter bullshit.

That tight separation bullshit is iffy at best. Trevor isn't facing the same caliber of defenders even if the "separation" is the same.

Go look at their stats and compare them on 3rd and long.

pic.twitter.com/HiZ5Y9k75E

Last edited:
I do have a serious question. Why did the qb ask scheme wise between Trevor Lawrence and Justin Herbert look so similar week 1?

Like why was there so much zone read and pistol?

What’s with that?

He outplayed Tua...

Go ahead and say it. You won't be wrong.

I thought he did. But I don’t know why they both can’t just be top shelf qb prospects.

Although I wasn’t in love with what I saw from Trevor in the opener. Seems like Clemson’s bound and determined to take advantage of his legs scheme/gameplan wise this year.

I thought he did. But I don’t know why they both can’t just be top shelf qb prospects.

Although I wasn’t in love with what I saw from Trevor in the opener. Seems like Clemson’s bound and determined to take advantage of his legs scheme/gameplan wise this year.
With that RB of theirs...i would NOT have Trevor running around to much.

With that RB of theirs...i would NOT have Trevor running around to much.

I might be recalling it wrong but I thought I saw a lot of zone read with the inside hand off gaping holes to run thru.

Like rarely was anyone there to plug the interior.

Still if he’s a generational prospect I’d think I’d see more complex qb ask in year 2.

Back
Top Bottom