Tuesday 6/15/04 QB Camp Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday 6/15/04 QB Camp Report

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
First of all, whoever said that Sage has a stronger arm than Feeley IMO is wrong, if anything Feeley's is stronger than his, it's evident on their throws. I made the mistake of underestimating his arm strength as I thought he was slightly better than Jay, but he's suprised me in a good way. I'd say he has the best arm on this team since....well, you know who. I'm not trying to compare him to Dan in any way, just that the last person I saw make some the passes AJ makes was Marino. He'll never be anywhere near Marino's level, but if he gets hot I'm telling you watch out, as he was in a real rythm early on in the drills pumping in ball after ball, the guy 20 yards downfield didn't have to move his arms an inch, he put his hands in the air and every one was in the same exact spot, which is nice to see considering Jay's struggles with accuracy.

The post someone made about Zach mentoring Bua made me watch for this situation, and it's true he does take a special interest in this kid. I managed to say what's up to Zach as he was walking off the field and I asked him what he thought about Bua and he goes, "That's the new Zach Thomas man" with a big smile on his face. Coming from him that means alot, as he isn't known to be a bser and it's obvious he thinks the kid is the real deal. They stretched and warmed up together talking the whole time and after every drill Zach would praise and criticize him, point out what he did wrong etc. I really appreciate Zach taking him under his wing, the knowledge Bua picks from Zach's brain will be priceless for his development IMO. Enough of my blabbering lol on to le practice.

Started off with alot of kick return drills, Roundtree and Newson got a lot of work returning today, and if the season started right now you can bet that Poole and Bua would be starting on the special teams unit. I think I'm gonna change my prediction of Russell being the punt returner to Newson, he's handling a lot of the duties and believe it or not, he has the speed and ability to be a big-play guy back there. I'd still like to see Russell get a chance, but if Newson gets the job I won't be dissapointed...but if Terrance Wilkins gets the job, I will be extremely dissapointed. He really offers nothing other than his experience at returning, and IMO his roster spot should be used on one of our young guys with potential like Simmons or Tolver instead of a guy in the twilight of his career. Anyways, Turk and Olindo were having a little kick drill where they kicked it from the tee, I really really really hope Matt Turk is not our backup kicker. I'm pretty sure he is unfortunately, but the man was kicking some nasty wobbly line-drives, how can you punt so well but suck so bad at kicking off? The o-line was doing their blocking drills and Jeno was earning more praise, I feel that he is the new Jaime Nails of this team. He has more talent but like Nails his first year here he is already the leader of the o-line, all the guys defer to him. I really like what I'm seeing out him, he will live up to his contract and more...but unfortunately it was all downhill after that for the o-line.

Scrimmage 1

Jay nearly sacked by JT, nearly picked off by Seau but he drops it and RMac catches it.
Jay would've been sacked by Seau, then he throws a hideously overthrown ball to Chambers that Sam Madison picks off
Jay pass tipped at the line but caught by Konrad who gets smacked
Minor draw play very nice run 15 yards
Jay would've been sacked again by the entire d-line, but they let him go and he completes a nice one to Chambers
Feeley in, swing pass to Minor with big pressure
Handoff Ricky hit behind the line, wow I haven't seen the o-line this bad since the first couple camps
Feeley has 3 dlineman in his face as soon as he fakes the handoff, the pass gets batted down by JT...Tony Wise is going ape-sh#t right now, screaming at everyone especially Jeno I heard him say "Jeno get you and your damn line together"
Feeley out to Boston 10 yds
Minimal gain by Russell, boy I would not wanna be on that oline they are getting reamed
Feeley would've been crushed on a blindside hti by Jay Williams, who beat Wade Smith (looked exactly like Griese's fumble play last year vs IND)
Ricky minimal gain
Fiedler screen to Morris nearly got sacked
Jay out to R-Mac, again might've been a sack in a game situation
Bobbled and caught by Lee, the qb's only chance right now is 3 step drops anything longer and they're getting murdered
Fiedler short to Minor 3 yds
Jay over the middle to Russell nice gain
AJ in, handoff to Minor on a play where Knight almost got to the handoff before the RB did
AJ throws a bomb to Boston with the rush in his face, Boston IMO gave up way too quick and Madison picked it off
AJ sacked on the blitz, this is absolutely ridiculous right now
AJ quick handoff to Morris 4 yds
AJ incomplete to Lee, combination of low throw and dropped ball
AJ has 3 dlineman in his face, couldn't tell if Newson trapped the ball

The team had to call a big meeting in the middle, Wise is screaming the whole time so I assume it had to do with this putrid performance. They actually stopped the scrimmage and made the o-line go practice blocking...wow.

7 on 7s

Jay quick out to Thompson
Jay cross to Morris good pick by McMichael on his guy
Jay short to Ricky
Jay deep pass to Newson his best throw of the day hit him in stride
Jay slightly overthrown to Simmons but complete
Jay cross pattern to Chambers who makes it look easy
AJ in, Ricky lets the first pass slip through his hands
AJ short to Ricky
AJ bad throw incomplete to Thompson
AJ another bad one over Simmons head
AJ great pass he placed perfectly over a stretching Reggie Howard compete to Simmons
AJ out to Snoop
AJ short one to McMichael
AJ quick in to McMichael
AJ short to Minor broken up by Zach

Scrimmage 2

Russell very short gain
AJ deep out to Simmons floated it but Simmons caught it
AJ nearly sacked again, I feel like I'm watching a rerun of the 3 Stooges
Sage in, would've been sacked again but they let the play run and he throws one to Russell who gets raped by 3 big black men in the backfield...lol this is just so bad its funny now
Sage handoff to Russell who gets hit as soon as he touches it
Sage handoff to Russell who as soon as he touches it gets hit by every dlineman
Sage complete to Simmons with a big rush in his face

I left then due to a combination of heat and nausea from watching the oline. I could go on for three hours but you get the point. Disgusting. Couldn't get a handle on which QB was better because they had no chance, but Jay was more consistent on the 7 on 7s so he gets the slight nod for the day.

Three Stars

The entire d-line- Dominated the whole practice from start to finish. Absolutely dominating.

Sam Madison- Two great picks and good coverage overall. Looks back to his old ball hawking self.

Randy McMichael- Only highlight of offense whatsoever. Several nice catches.

Highlight- When they made the o-line get off the field.

Lowlight- Everything else they did.

Question. All the camp reports we read ALWAYS mentions the O-Line getting dominated. Is this normal in a camp like this or is the defense playing with power and speed so great that they almost get a sack on every play? I know there are no pads, but it just seems weird they always seem to be rolling over the O-Line.

Nice report, also this is the first place ull here this: Feeley starting by final preseason game!!! I bet any of yall...hehe

thanks 4 the info!!finfan stuck n (pasadena)socal!!!!!

SmokeyPhinz said:
Question. All the camp reports we read ALWAYS mentions the O-Line getting dominated. Is this normal in a camp like this or is the defense playing with power and speed so great that they almost get a sack on every play? I know there are no pads, but it just seems weird they always seem to be rolling over the O-Line.

Yeah the oline have no pads so they're at a severe disadvantage but
still if you saw what I saw today you'd be in shock. It looked like they
all had one leg, I don't care if they don't have pads it doesn't excuse
them from today because this was by far their worst day.

Thanks For The Report Great Job!! Im Really Starting To Get Excited About Feeley And The D-fence I Really Feel Dw May Have Been Right When He Said This Could Be Miamis Best D-fence Ever Well Maybe Not Ever But In Quite A While Especially If Madison Is Playing Like Old.

Funny You Should Mention The Feeley Marino Thing Because I Was Watching Tape Of Him On Dudes Report And On The News And He Does Kinda Look Like Dan Under That Aqua And Blue Helmet Especiallly His Release Not As Quick As Dan But Kinda Similar. :d

Catapano, I am kinda curious. Is it really easier to put the - instead of an e in defence???? Kinda seemed pointless replacing an e for a - .....

Thanks for the report.

outtawack311 said:
Catapano, I am kinda curious. Is it really easier to put the - instead of an e in defence???? Kinda seemed pointless replacing an e for a - .....

Thanks for the report.

GUESS YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A GAME GOOOOO D-FENCE
IS IT EASIER TO HOLD UP A SIGN THAT SAYS DEFENCE THAN IT WOULD BE TO HOLD UP A D AND A PICTURE OF A FENCE :confused: QUESTIONS THAT PLAGUE OUR SOCIETY

:laughat:
catapano said:
Funny You Should Mention The Feeley Marino Thing Because I Was Watching Tape Of Him On Dudes Report And On The News And He Does Kinda Look Like Dan Under That Aqua And Blue Helmet Especiallly His Release Not As Quick As Dan But Kinda Similar. :d
:lolcry: :roflmao:

Great report. The good thing is it looks like our D will be fine with Ogun Ositing because Of Odrew who gets his Otender Olowered today for being an Oprick.

I disagree on Feeley having a better arm than Sage.Even players say Sage has best arm out of three.

Thanks for the report.

It's defense, not defence, if you really wanna get into it. ;)

I think the guy I'm most excited for besides David Boston is Tony Bua....... there's just something about that kid.

Thats not good to hear about the OL, but at least it seems like Feeley is consistently keeping the QB competition a two-man race nowadays. Before, he was only in it because Spielman said so...but obviously he's improving. He hasn't separated yet but I do expect him to. Remember that coaches and scouts tend to fall in love with strong arms at the QB position. Weaker-armed guys are perennially underestimated compared to stronger-armed guys, who are usually given shot after shot until its obvious they don't have what it takes upstairs.

I think the guy I'm most excited for besides David Boston is Tony Bua....... there's just something about that kid.

Not til I see Bua play for myself, in preseason (or maybe training camp, if I make it this year).

Back
Top Bottom